Learn How to Use Photoshop CS6 Free – The Top 10 Techniques
Adobe Evangelist Terry White has a great new training session out to show you how to get started achieving immediate and powerful results using new Photoshop CS6… The 40-minute class covers the basics and steps through how to accomplish the top 10 things that beginners always want to know how to do.
But even seasoned Photoshop users are saying they learned new techniques from the tutorial video below… Here’s the overview, plus some user reviews:
In this episode I’ll show Photoshop beginners the 10 things they want to learn how to do first. Photoshop offers a ton of capabilities, but if you’re just starting out there are some things that you’re probably wanting to know how to do right off the bat.
“This is the type of tutorial I have been looking for for ages! I learned a lot. Thanks, and please keep up the awesome work.”
“Really well done! I have been using PS for years but still get something new from ideas in presentations like this.”
“Great job! Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Watch this tutorial and pick up great tips and techniques you’d forgotten or never knew existed.”
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this primer:
- Introduction to the Photoshop CS6 Interface
- Using Adobe Bridge to Access Your Images
- Removing Blemishes with the Spot Healing Brush
- How to Use Filters: Oil Paint and Liquify
- Using the History Brush to Undo Changes
- How Mini-Bridge Speeds Access to Your Files
- Zoom In and Out with the Magnifying Tool
- Getting Started with Layers
- Adjusting Exposures to Lighten or Darken
- The Basics of Adjustment Layers
- Painting on Effects Selectively Using Masks
- How to Remove or Move an Object in a Photograph
- Using Quick Select to Rapidly Make Selections
- The Content-Aware Fill, Move, and Patch Tools
- Working on Two Photographs at the Same Time
- How to Put a Photo onto a Different Background
- Using Refine Edge Detection to Select Hair & Fur
- Making Realistic Photo Composites
- Using Layer Opacity and Blending Modes
- Adjusting Levels – Shadows, Midtones, Highlights
- Adding and Changing Type with the Text Tool
- How to Add Drop Shadows to Make It Stand Out
- Using the Color Picker to Match Existing Colors
- Saving Your Work as a Photoshop .PSD Image
- Choosing Different File Formats, Including Web
- Photoshop CS6 Shortcuts, Tips, and Tricks
- Recommendations on Getting a Digital Tablet
If you don’t have the Photoshop CS6 program itself yet, then just download the free 30-day trial and you can start using it right away:
Also indispensable for learning Photoshop (or any other Adobe design tool) are the 1,000+ pages of free downloadable CS6 ebooks – so grab those too while they’re available.
OK, all set? Here is the free 40-minute Photoshop CS6 introductory tutorial:
Want more? Try these 18 additional hours of free CS6 video tutorials…
Another helpful resource for understanding the product is the complete online documentation for Photoshop and all CS6 applications.
Lynda.com, the top online training site for Adobe software, also offers over 1,000(!) hours of tutorials on just Photoshop alone – and through our partnership you can get an exclusive free 7-day trial with unlimited access to hundreds of in-depth courses and instructional videos throughout the entire site.
Kelby Training – from Scott Kelby of NAPP and Photoshop World fame – is another terrific option for taking your skills further under the tutelage of renowned industry experts… Use coupon code KOCJ14 to save 10% on your subscription.
Still on Photoshop CS5 or earlier? See: Free Training and Tutorials for Photoshop CS5, CS4, and CS3.
The video session above is also available as a free downloadable podcast for offline viewing (69MB, MPEG-4 video format). Hope you get a lot out of it!