Photoshop Playbook: The 18 Best Photoshop Tutorials of All Time
Adobe’s finally done it. In case you haven’t heard yet about the new Photoshop Playbook, you should.
After years of offering free video tutorials – and following on to Senior Product Manager Bryan O’Neil Hughes‘ success with his “Hidden Gems” series – Adobe has just put out a new collection of bite-sized lessons that cover exactly the kinds of things that many, many people want to (know how to) do with Photoshop.
It’s called the Photoshop Playbook. There is no waste or fluff here. Just the key time-saving techniques to solve common problems and get your essential work done. These powerful videos answer the top questions the company gets across all of its social media channels.
Of course, Lynda.com is amazing – but for the money (free) and time spent (3-4 minutes apiece), we find these nuggets to be among the most helpful and effective tutorials we’ve ever seen.
Here’s the Playbook episode listing thus far – we hope even more courses will be added going forward:
- Selective Focus – How to blur a background and make a subject stand out with the blur gallery.
- Making Fine Hair Selections – How to make fine hair selections and masks.
- Adding Borders to Images – How to add different borders to an image with Photoshop.
- Light Correction & Removing Unwanted Objects – How to remove unwanted objects and use color dodging to equalize the luminance and color temperature of subjects.
- Creating Panoramas – How to easily create multiple-photograph panoramas in Photoshop.
- Improving Smartphone Images – How to use Adobe Camera Raw to improve photos from iPhones and other smartphones.
- Get a Great Group Shot with Two Photos – How to get great shots with group photo repair.
- Cropping & Straightening Photos – The art of cropping and straightening in Photoshop.
- Creating Natural Looking Exposures – How to adjust exposure to balance subject and background and make your images “pop.”
- Converting to Black & White – How to convert images to black & white in Photoshop and Camera Raw.
- Removing Red Eye and Whitening Teeth – How to easily fix red eye in your photos, plus lighten & brighten smiles.
- How to Create Animated GIFs – How to make animated GIFs from separate images.
- Optimizing Photoshop Performance – Simple steps to better Photoshop performance.
- Removing Sensitive Location Information – How to view and delete location data from images.
- Hiding Sensitive Information in Images – How to use blur and filters to hide sensitive details in your photos.
- Editing & Manipulating Images in Perspective – How to edit and manipulate images in a given scene.
- Removing Objects From Images (Advanced) – Learn advanced methods for deleting unwanted objects from images.
- Adding & Removing Lens Flare – How to add or remove lens flare from a photo.
Can’t get enough? Watch more free Photoshop tutorials – nearly five hours of training covering a lot of ground. If you’ve got CS6 or later, then don’t miss this helpful free primer for beginners getting started, or these free downloadable ebooks (over 1,000 pages).
Download the complete manual – free PDF documentation – for Photoshop or any Adobe tool.