• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direct Download Link

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My employer doesn't allow Creative Cloud desktop—is there a direct download link for the XD preview?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Correct, there is no direct download option.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/faq.html > "Is Adobe XD available to enterprise customers in Commercial, Government, or Education?".  Specifically, this part: "The customers must be using named licensing deployment and allow their end users to self-install apps and updates."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Creative Cloud Desktop application to download Experience Design CC. I am not aware of a direct download option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried to dl Experience design from my adobe cloud soft... Impossible.

I can't even see the "Apps" tab appear.

So I tried another way, from adobe website... I click on download button, nothing happens. Download does not start.

Guys, it would be good to simplify the process ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, nicolasp62232171-

If your apps tab doesn't appear, it's likely you're on a managed Creative Cloud system. This means that you'll need to get your IT administrator to install XD for you. We do try to make it as easy as possible to install, but it's up to your company to decide how that software is installed. Hopefully a single conversation is all it takes to get XD up and running!

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Elaine, thanks for your answer, I'll get to the IT manager,

I wish I could get it directly from the website,

-Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nicolasp62232171 wrote:

I wish I could get it directly from the website,

Update: For some reason Adobe XD is now the only Creative Cloud desktop application which does not have a standard offline installer available via the CC 2018 direct download links...

Many users would like to see this changed, and it would help a lot of customers if it did.

For more information, and to vote for, share feedback, and follow this issue going forward, please see:

Need Standalone Installer – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD is not available on link you have shared. Can you please update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, see the second link in the previous post – and please vote and leave a comment there:

Need XD standalone installer – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update – some good news:

Starting with the 2020 release, it's now possible to get a standalone installer for Adobe XD – but you have to contact customer service...

How to Get the New Adobe CC 2020 Direct Download Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, there is no direct download option.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/faq.html > "Is Adobe XD available to enterprise customers in Commercial, Government, or Education?".  Specifically, this part: "The customers must be using named licensing deployment and allow their end users to self-install apps and updates."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheesyatheart wrote:

My employer doesn't allow Creative Cloud desktop—is there a direct download link for the XD preview?

There is now a direct download link to the Experience Design CC Preview here, together with all the other CC 2015 direct links... As usual, follow the instructions given on that page first, which are required by Adobe's servers.

However, it is not yet clear as to how to successfully run the downloaded XD installer without using the Creative Cloud Desktop app, which is no problem in all other cases for CC. Awaiting further information & answers from Adobe on this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ProDesignTools‌ !

Looking forward to your follow up on this.

best,

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as Digital Creative Director for Wunderman and so far the IT team hasn't been able to figure out why we can't download this, even though we're connected to WPP's network and loged in to our accounts to use CC, the apps options does not appear in the icon, we tried engaging your twitter adobe care account and they coudln't figure out why either, please, view this thread and give us an option, neither we can achieve this through WPP's Self Service app that includes all the Creative Cloud software because it's "free" therefore does not appear on the licensed software : https://twitter.com/mysickness/status/709771729141374976

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it would be pretty easy for Adobe to make the link to the .DMG available, considering they offer every other piece of software they make in .DMG format.

Adobe needs to realize that Creative Cloud doesn't always work and they need to provide their paying customers with alternate paths to their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I'd just need to explain that to my global network, I'd stick with sketch until Adobe realizes they really really need to deliver a .dmg file, specially when it's the free version, c'mon guys, 2 fingers in the forehead to understand the issue and deliver the product here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty ironic that Adobe is forcing users to install a user experience design tool the way THEY want (which doesn't work), rather than giving their users a choice to install it the way the users want (which does work.)

Yeah, I'm sticking with Sketch too...as clearly I have no other choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Get Started community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines