Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Bridge CC Free?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We have just over 20 current CC licenses for designers and prepress technicians, and we're looking for a cheap and easy solution for about 20 more customer service representatives to preview incoming indd, ai and psd files in order to get them to the right people. We read below that Bridge was free, and Bridge would work exceptionally well to meet the CSRs' needs.

It’s True: Adobe Bridge CC Is Completely Free for Everyone, for Life! | ProDesignTools

However,  someone ran it past our corporate asset management group, and they told us “…basically Bridge CC is not free for us under our Enterprise Agreement.”. So I called a number on Adobe's website and spoke to a gentleman named Sipal, I believe, who also said Bridge is not free. He said the link above is old information, which applies to CS6, even though the article is from last year. Has the whole world gone crazy? Can anyone recommend a solution for us? We just need to preview adobe design files, not edit or output or preflight.

Thanks!

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also notice on that ProDesign Tools link, I posted a comment saying that I was getting contrary information from Adobe support, and they wrote back saying in fact Adobe now delivers Bridge CC independently, and free...

"...you’ll see that it is not a limited-time free trial, and there is no expiration date. Bridge CC requires nothing – no purchase, no sign in or log in, no membership or subscrip­tion, no activation, and not even any other Adobe tools on the same system. It installs and runs seamlessly, and even allows full updating to the latest version of the app itself plus Adobe Camera Raw.

The issue is that Adobe is a big company and there was no announcement about this – so even some employees inside aren’t aware of this yet, and how things recently changed… But we are in direct contact with Adobe’s current development and marketing teams for Bridge CC and can assure you that what is stated on this page is accurate."

Can someone official from Adobe confirm this for me, so no one here worries about violating a license agreement? I already found the stand-alone installers and we're all set to start using this, it would just be nice to have this information posted on an adobe.com page.

Thanks!

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try the latest version and found that you can not use ACR as is states that you need a qualifing product.

Edit. I have removed it from my system as they haven't fixed four year old bugs in SCRIPUI.

It seems that the new Bridge team have not done there homework!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my system I can get Bridge CC to open Camera RAW and then open in Photoshop CS6.  Right clicking an image in Bridge CC to open in Camera RAW brings up the no qualifying product error message, but simply double clicking the image opens in Camera RAW just fine, as does selecting the image or series of images and right clicking to open in Photoshop.

MK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Understandable, but the information is correct and you needn't worry... Here it is from the current Adobe Bridge Product Manager:

Comments, Page 1

If you have any further questions about it you could reach out to her.

(Note @SuperMerlin – Bridge includes & uses the ACR plugin to display the files properly. It's a media manager so you wouldn't be able to modify images without also having a Photoshop editor installed.)

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines