Copied

Help guys!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Guys, I found the solution, forget about Adobe!
Heres our answer, and it's better than Adobe apps.
Finally a company that listens to it's customers.

<Removed by Moderator per Forum Guidelines>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luffw what Adobe software or service are you attempting to install?  Do you receive a specific error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are dozend of reasons why people need offline installer. and you people at adobe know that very well. 😞

i can post hundreds of these qoutes from prodesign to discussions on photoshop forums but i will only post a random four.

it´s time for adone to listen to it´s customers and not ignore them.

I have the same problem – we have an enterprise account, and I always have issues with updating CC. My colleagues are running OSX Mavericks, I’m on Yosemite – they don’t appear to have any problems updating (neither does my PC), but I have been forced to clean and reinstall CC so many times that I’m now running the old direct download versions for everything. The only update that has worked recently is InDesign. Every time I try to update Photoshop and Illustrator I get error 123 messages and 0% downloads. After the DPS farce, this is really putting me off Adobe – and I’ve used their products for 25 years. I have CS5.5 at home on my MacBook Pro (installed from the DVD) and I’ve NEVER had to uninstall/reinstall/clean it… The current cloud-based delivery system simply isn’t reliable. I’ve lost days of work time though attempting to find a solution for this. It’s not good enough.

It’s a very wrong decision, especially in India where connectivity is not that strong in Rural areas. This was standard practice for me to download upgrades from High-speed internet and then install them on my work PC.

Very wrong … I am a creative cloud user for last 4 years and direct links are of utmost important to me.

I do not understand Adobe’s decision to frustrate its loyal customers. I am a customer of the full CC suite; I have been checking here again and again over the past month, and the direct download links are still not made available! Not every one has a high-speed internet connection, or want to connect one’s main work machine to the internet.

If Adobe estimates they’re getting back more or gaining new customers by preventing piracy than losing existing ones being unable to install/update, it’s your bad I’m afraid to say.

We have not updated any CC apps yet in our company because we need the offline installers.
We also need the small UPDATES to be available OFFLINE.

It is very unsatisfactory how Adobe handles this.
No official word from Adobe.

Do Adobe expect that our IT guys spend time creating Installer packages themselves for distribution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback Luffw. Error 123 was recently addressed with the release of Creative Cloud desktop app version 3.7.5.251.  You can find additional details at Error: Exit Code 123

I would also recommend reviewing Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app  which discusses all of the recent improvements which have been implemented to the Creative Cloud desktop app.

I do fully understand that you would like to have direct downloads of the latest updates available.  If there are any specific errors which are preventing you from downloading the updates then please post them to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting Adobe support to "help" you with an install just waists another hour or two, while they connect to you computer, read their silly list of instructions, delete some files start an update, and do that four or six times in a row, then tell you, that your network is preventing download from Adobe Servers.

Aks them fore each update  and you have lost a day or two of worktime.

The stand alone installers can be downloaded within minutes ( on my 50/50 Mbps network) the actual install takes about the same time.

Adobe has no reason beyond the believe that they will get more money to have changed this method.  And a reasoning, that there will be less piracy is pure nonsense. People who use cracked versions do so because they do not want to pay. If they can not get cracked versions, they go looking for other solutions do do not have to pay for. And however you trie to protect your software, there will always be those, who are able to crack it, steal it and do with it what they want.

Software that is easy accessible and affordable, that is the way to stop piracy.  Not making daily use so difficult, that your loyal customers despair and go find other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it´s time that we face Adobe is just playing dumb and ignoring it´s users.

What could be the reason for suddenly stopping to offer offline installers is beyond me.

For 25+ years there where offline installers.

If the reason is Piracy, Adobe should do a reality check, all they do is annoying the people who pay.

Not enough that we are the ones facing all the licensing troubles.

Now we even have trouble to get these stuff onto our system in the first place.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanja2014 and Two Botts thank you for your feedback regarding the request for direct downloads.  This feedback has been passed on.

We have taken several steps to reduce the errors experienced when individuals are installing Adobe Creative Cloud applications.  For a list of recent changes see Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .  Version 3.8.0.310 of the Creative Cloud desktop app was released as a worldwide update yesterday and includes updates which should reduce many of the errors which previously required a direct download to easily bypass or resolve.

I do appreciate that there is other needs besides installation and download errors which require direct downloads of the Creative Cloud applications to become available.  If I receive any updates regarding the availability of direct downloads for the latest Creative Cloud application updates I will update this discussion.

If you do run into any additional errors please do let me know so that we can continue to make improvements for individuals facing download and installation difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new installer has run both yesterday and today with the same lack of result as the previous installer. Same crap.
There is also the unstable connection with the Adobe servers, where the software is coming from. Your support people keep telling me, that it is my network that is at fault. But there is this problem ONLY with Adobe CC downloads. My It people say our network is okay, and I doubt very much, that a support tech, who has to read his book or list fore each stem he is taking knows more, than that the connection breaks. Easy to blame it on others.

Bringing back the offline installers ASAP is the only reasonable thing Adobe can do. That does not involve loss of between one and four hours each time a support tech goes on my computer and runs and reruns a series of deletes and downloads of anything but a full installer.

In this last month I have lost about a day of worktime to that, and I am no further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R.Helleshoj what specific errors are you receiving?  You mentioned an I.T department do you have a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership?  If so then you already have the ability to create your own local install packages utilizing the Creative Cloud Packager.  You can find more details at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creative-cloud-packager-faq.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have a single license for Adobe CC , but I work in an office and use their network. Also, the Packager you mention still needs the download of the content, with which to create the installer. Since my problem - and there are many in the same situation - is, that it is very difficult to get anything from those Adobe servers, the Packager is of no use.

Support sent me a link to an installer for the latest CC desktop app. Took a minute to download (only one file- a disk image) and another minute or so to install. That was after another support tech spent an hour rummaging through my computer, then telling me to use another connection. Next morning a new update for the Adobe CC app is sent out, and tries to update. I had to restart the update  four times, and the result still was no software installed (error code 1001). Then Support at last sent me that link.

It just shows, that updating over the internet is risky, slow and full of errors  like lost connections. That might be in part because the parts for the update do not come as one file, but as many, each downloaded at trickle speed (0.2 to 0.9K on a network, that easily runs 50 MBps.) The diskimage is one file and once download has startet, it comes down. The error is not the network, it is the way you try to do the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback R.Helleshoj! 

If you do encounter any specific errors please feel free to add them to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to be able to install whatever application we want, offline! That's the issue!
We don't want the cloud, it's rubbish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you again for the feedback Luffw. 

If you are in a low bandwidth situation please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care​ to request a DVD of the current updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't find anything above to be helpful. It is easy to see why Adobe ignores our plight, their staff are numb nuts that don't understand the problems - request a DVD???? Geez, our new Macs don't have a superdrive..

Why do I want individual installers - hey, so I can let it run overnight on my Slooooooowwwww internet connection and  then umm date my desktop MacPro and my super portable iMac which I take away on my business travels.

Now, if I had to use the crappy Cloud installer then the downloads would take x2 and inevitably crash.

Following is how I really feel about the Adobe Clown organisation

Adobe is not getting it's act together, they are a lazy, overbearing and ignorant organisation who have put their misguided ideals before their loyal customers wishes and requirements. I feel this way because they continue to ignore the pain a lot of their customers are feeling.

Is it right that paying customers cannot receive what they pay for. Is this fraud??? Can I sue the Adobe behemoth, maybe not. Can a huge group of us sue adobe, damn right we can.

It wasn't that long ago that I convinced many people to use Adobe Products, great user experience, almost as fanatical those of us that love the MacOS. So now, Adobe has chosen to annoy us to the very core, hey, they even have chosen to make Acrobat DC an oddity with their NEW and stupid save as screen - huh, is Apples finder not good enough, bollocks to you Adobe for messing up my ability to quickly navigate to where I need to go -stupid, stupid, stupid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know of any VERY good class action lawyers There are those that think increasing this string is going to kickstart Adobe into action, nah, not a hope. I've been using illustrator since V1 on a MacPlus, how's that for loyalty, now I cannot stomach the reprobates.

They are the pirates, taking our money on a monthly basis and giving NOTHING in return. Stop paying and our software is gone.

Good one Adobe, hope you are actually bothering to look at this string, you might learn something about business ethics!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets have another crack at the crackheads at Adobe.

I installed InDesign CC 2015 2 months ago, on my system it is version 11.3.0.34. What is strange is that Creative Cloud is telling me that InDesign CC 2015 is a required update. What am I to think Adobe, is it me or my newish MacPro that is mad. I know it can't be Adobe because the last thing they want to do is confuse me with updating the same thing 3 times.

Let's go to my favourite program, Illustrator. I persevered with the download bollocks 2 months ago and am running Illustrator CC 2015.3  (system says it is Version 20.0.0). Guess what, clever little Creative Cloud is telling me I need to upgrade to Illustrator CC 2015.3.

Now, I don't know what you people out there think of this little story, me, it just shows you what rot is permeating Adobe, perhaps Warnock and Geschke should fall on their swords and spare us any more misery - hi geeks, you listening????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I found the solution, forget about Adobe!
Heres our answer, and it's better than Adobe apps.
Finally a company that listens to it's customers.

<Removed by Moderator per Forum Guidelines>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to get a standalone installer or a dvd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hanschke wrote:

How to get a standalone installer or a dvd?

Here is the current situation:

Adobe Ships New CC 2015.5 Release – But Where Are the Direct Download Links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to this thread...

Good news – after many customer requests, the standalone installers have been made available:

At Last! Here Are the CC 2015.5 Direct Download Links (Creative Cloud 2016 Release)

A big thank you to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines