• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i open project rome???

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it but it is just a .zip file full of what I assume are the files for the program but it is not clear on how to actually start the program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Hi Nathan0,

As you mention, Project Rome was retired in 2010 (Project ROME Retirement‌), and it is no longer supported by Adobe. As such, there is no guarantee you will be able to successfully install, particularly on a newer operating system. That said, Project Rome's installer is an .air file so you need Adobe AIR‌ to open it.

If you do not see the .air file, your download may be incomplete. In that case, please try removing the existing files and re-downloading from the links provided here: Project ROME | All-in-one content creation and publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is project rome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to rome.adobe.com it is like a free piece of software but it is now retired but still downloadable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you UN-zip the file into a folder so you could see if there is "something like" setup.exe or a text/doc with instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but there was nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an Adobe Air application.

Do you have Adobe Air and Flash player installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I do but I found nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan0,

As you mention, Project Rome was retired in 2010 (Project ROME Retirement‌), and it is no longer supported by Adobe. As such, there is no guarantee you will be able to successfully install, particularly on a newer operating system. That said, Project Rome's installer is an .air file so you need Adobe AIR‌ to open it.

If you do not see the .air file, your download may be incomplete. In that case, please try removing the existing files and re-downloading from the links provided here: Project ROME | All-in-one content creation and publishing.‌ Instructions on getting started with the software are also available by following that link.

Let us know if we can provide further assistance.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply. I tried to reinstall as I did not find any .air files but even when reinstalled multiple times I can still not find it. would you mind following the links that you gave me and try to download for yourself and see where I went wrong if you don't mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply. I tried to reinstall as I did not find any .air files but even when reinstalled multiple times I can still not find it. would you mind following the links that you gave me and try to download for yourself and see where I went wrong if you don't mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see this?

>retired in 2010 (Project ROME Retirement), and it is no longer supported by Adobe

I seriously doubt that an Adobe employee is going to be allowed to provide any further help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Project ROME is an all-in-one content creation and publishing application that lets virtually anyone at work or home inject the power of graphics, photos, text, video, audio and animation into everyday projects. From printed materials and presentations to digital documents and websites, you can go from start to finish within the simple, creative Project ROME environment.

Project ROME is a Software-as-a-Service offering, and works as both an Adobe AIR® desktop application and as a browser-based web application, leveraging the power of Adobe® AIR® and Adobe Flash Player® technology.

Although Project ROME has been retired, it will remain free to the public on this blog. No additional Project ROME software updates are planned at this time.

Help Topics

Download Project ROME

Getting Started

Editing

Media Objects

Output

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines