• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Where is the Lightroom Classic 20 GB Plan?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something..a week ago when I looked at lightroom (to replace Aperture) and started the demo, there were two options LR CC w/1tb of cloud storage for $9.99 or LR Classic/PS and 20gb of cloud storage for $9.99.  When I tried to sign up today the latter plan seemed to be changed to LR Classic/PS and 1tb fof cloud storage for $19.99.

$10/mo I could squeeze in, $20/mo is ludicrous especially given that I only need LR Classic, not LRCC, not PS, not any cloud storage.  Did I miss something or is there still a way to buy it for $10/mo?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

It's a system test by Adobe. Below is a Q&A.

Q: I see Creative Cloud Photography Plan (20GB) is not available on Adobe.com. What is happening?

"From time to time, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items, including plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. We are currently running a number of tests in the US."

Q: Is this plan still available for purchase?

"Yes, the plan is still available for purchase from Adobe during this test. Contact su

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

** The plan can be purchased at  https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic.html#photography-mini-plans  via phone at 1-800-585-0774 or via major retailers.**

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and the LR Classic/PS and 20gb of cloud storage for $9.99 is still available.

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 9.42.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent literally three hours looking on Adobe's site and there was no sign of the $10 plan.  Either they brought it back due to a hiccup, or they were intentionally trying to force me into the plan I didn't want..not a happy new customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

over on the pentax forum someone took up my issues and discovered that some browsers don't provide links to buy the $10 plan and others do.  Both screenshots taken from the exact same URL.

Firefox:

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 9.58.16 PM.png

Chrome:

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 9.58.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that you are right. The only single app that seems to be available is Lightroom CC, the cloud-based Lightroom and it includes 1 TB of cloud storage. The only way to get Lightroom Classic CC is to package it with Photoshop and that cloud-based Lightroom in the $20/month plan. I don't work for Adobe and don't keep up on the marketing. But in looking at the website tonight, that seems to be the new pricing strategy that I see.

Compare plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess  wrote

It appears that you are right. The only single app that seems to be available is Lightroom CC, the cloud-based Lightroom and it includes 1 TB of cloud storage. The only way to get Lightroom Classic CC is to package it with Photoshop and that cloud-based Lightroom in the $20/month plan. I don't work for Adobe and don't keep up on the marketing. But in looking at the website tonight, that seems to be the new pricing strategy that I see.

Compare plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

Your link takes you to the page I show in post #1 where the 9.99 plan is still available.  Getting rid of the 9.99 plan would be a DUMB idea if Adobe wants to keep market share.  I have convinced several people to sign up to the 9.99 CC Photography Plan but if it was 19.99 I wouldn't even bother to mention it as a recommendation.  I would probably even go to On 1 and Affinity Photo which I have played around with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's going on then. Here's what "my link" shows:

Capture.JPG

As you can see, the $9.99/month plan does NOT include Photoshop on this link. So I don't know how I got this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it keeps changing every time I look at it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Dog's sake people , you absolutely do NOT have to purchase this plan directly from Adobe. Case in point, B&H Photo (heard of them?):

B&HPhoto.jpg

STOP spending hours and hours looking at Adobe's site next time. They do not have a monopoly on the sale of subscriptions.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one more:

AmazonPlanPrice.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people in many parts of the world are experiencing the same. I'm getting the same in the UK, cheaper plan is gone:

£10/month CC Photography plan gone – PHOTO VIDEO BEAT

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here in the USA.

As of a few minutes ago.

PSLR Plans.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also in the UK. In that screenshot referred to, below the price, there are some menus where you can choose how much storage you want. Currently, in the screenshot, 1TB is shown as the selected option: but that is clearly not meant to be taken as the only option available. When you change that to 20GB, the price adjusts accordingly - to £9.89/month, as one would IMO expect.

Or, if you click the blue link lower down ("Compare photography plans") this takes you to a different page which lists out the packages separately and shows you a table of what you get, for how much cost, under each.

So rather than "Adobe is testing a new 1TB plan instead", it might be better to write: "as well".

And rather than "£10/month plan is gone", it would be better to write: "is no longer the initially presented default option - in a perfectly standard on-screen menu which will easily bring the alternative options into view".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. The language assumes the worst. The $9.99/mo. PS + LR Photography plan is not now (and has never been) phased out or impossible to purchase. I wrote this back above on this thread on April 4th, and it's posted again here yesterday:

Yes, You Can Still Buy Adobe’s $9.99/mo. Photography Plan (20 GB)

Nevertheless, there have been some confusing and unhelpful changes/tests being conducted recently by Adobe that are not helping the customer perception of this... And too often these days, perception is reality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, thanks to firefox, I was able to subscribe to the 20gb plan.  This weird inconsistency is, well, weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a system test by Adobe. Below is a Q&A.

Q: I see Creative Cloud Photography Plan (20GB) is not available on Adobe.com. What is happening?

"From time to time, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items, including plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. We are currently running a number of tests in the US."

Q: Is this plan still available for purchase?

"Yes, the plan is still available for purchase from Adobe during this test. Contact support to purchase: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html"

Q: Does this mean that (Product name: Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop/Lightroom CC) is no longer available?

"This test has no impact on the availability of any desktop application.Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC, and Photoshop desktop apps all continue to be available."

Q: Will Creative Cloud Photography Plan (20GB) be available into the future?

"We don’t comment on future products or plans."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So interestingly, these new tests aren't necessarily a price hike, but rather a package bundling of the 1 TB storage option (which normally costs $9.99 per terabyte) together with the longstanding $9.99 Photography plan (20 GB with Photoshop and both Lightrooms)... Add the two together and you get to $20/month.

Using different browsers does still seem to give different results however. Not sure if it depends on whether one is logged on with an Adobe ID, or coming in new, using a VPN, etc.

But the original $9.99 plan is still accessible in some cases. For example, the links in this post will access Adobe's lower-cost 20 GB option with Lightroom, LR Classic, and Photoshop, regardless of the browser used:

Adobe Makes $9.99/Month PS+LR Photography Plan Permanent

Trying to buy from a reseller may be another possible route, but often their software support & return/refund policies are less than what Adobe provides directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.99 plan for me is lightroom only and there is 0 chance of me renewing my sub for 20 per month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won’t apply to renewals. It’s a test of plan configurations aimed at new customers. Marketing departments play these games from time to time. You can still buy the 20GB bundle, even during the test period as mentioned by Jane.

Shopping Basket

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** The plan can be purchased at  https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic.html#photography-mini-plans  via phone at 1-800-585-0774 or via major retailers.**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone at Adobe thinks I'll sit still for $20 a month for the Photography Plan they have another think coming.  Don't do it, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a less-expensive plan that's just the software, no storage, since some of us use other storage companies/options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an even better idea - how about just offering the ability to buy the damn software again and upgrade when I feel the need? 

WTF Adobe. I'm an avid amateur that's been using Lightroom as long as I can remember.  Currently cataloging around 200K images.  I already hate this subscription crap and now your looking at doubling the monthly cost?  Really?  I'm out if this happens.  No way in hell I'm spending $20 plus per month for a piece of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

As a casual amateur user, spending $250 a year for the "privilege" of using Adobe products to maintain a collection of maybe 50k family photos is entirely out of the question. For something I only use maybe once or twice a month, I can barely justify $120/yr as it is! No thanks. I'll gladly use a reasonably priced competitive product and accept the compromises.

And the quality of the software I get for my $10/mo now leaves much to be desired. The only version of 32-bit Photoshop I can get (req'd for my Canon 9950F scanner driver compatibility) is some completely unstable, bug-ridden "x.0" mess of a release that can't even be patched or updated.

The only way these patent hogging crooks are going to get the message is if folks just plain stop buying their stuff. Period.

Good bye and good riddance, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dougg82676027  wrote

And the quality of the software I get for my $10/mo now leaves much to be desired. The only version of 32-bit Photoshop I can get (req'd for my Canon 9950F scanner driver compatibility) is some completely unstable, bug-ridden "x.0" mess of a release that can't even be patched or updated.

A scanner drive should have nothing to do with Photoshop and or the version of PS you are using.

Try some other Scanner software. Like ScanWiz V2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines