• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cs6-Only online help?

Community Expert ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the online help the only way to see the help files?

No help application as in photoshop cs5?

Will there be a pdf for viewing when no internet connection is available?

Added: Also there does not appear to be a list of keyboard shortcuts in the photoshop cs6 online help.

Message was edited by: R_Kelly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Here are links to the documents for all CS6 applications, in both PDF and HTML format:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2010/08/help-documents-for- creative-suite-5-pdf-and-html.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it then? Opens as PDF! Saves as PDF!

The link states from the CS6 help page it is available! Yet you appear to disagree with the evidence! It can be read offline I believe too! So just what is it then?

Shoot the messenger why don't you! Again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gerry,

So you opened and saved it, fine.  But did you bother actually to read it?

What you have there is a disjointed collection of links to various non-Adobe and Adobe-sites describing some of the new features, stuck together on top of documentation for CS 5, CS 5.1 and CS5.5

It doesn't even have a bloody index, for Pete's sake!

It is a PDF, big deal, no one said it wasn't a lousy PDF.  What I called you on was your including the damn link in a manner and in a thread that passes it of as the promised CS6-Only HELP documentation, which it categorically is not.

What we have a right to expect is the actual HELP files in PDF format, or a proper User Guide like there has been in the past, and which we can consult for each and every feature of CS6 without having to wonder whether each individual line or paragraph actually relates to CS6 and not to one of the three earlier versions included in that bloated blurb, which does not even remotely constitute adequate documentation.

Your post was particularly offensive and misleading because you personally claimed to have been reading it, while in reality you were just "opening and saving it" and all you can say about it is that "it is a PDF!" Well, wooptydoo to you!

One thing is being the messenger, and another one is being complicit in a shameful scam perpetrated by Adobe on their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two,

There's no need to attack Gerry, who did not seem to be doing anything but trying to be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose strictly speaking you're right, Todd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to be rude and abusive yourself either! Did I shout at you?  --  "So you opened and saved it, fine. But did you bother actually to read it?  " --

I was answering the original question in my original post!

"Your post was particularly offensive and misleading because you personally claimed to have been reading it, while in reality you were just "opening and saving it" and all you can say about it is that "it is a PDF!" Well, wooptydoo to you!"

Charming, very adult of you!

"One thing is being the messenger, and another one is being complicit in a shameful scam perpetrated by Adobe on their customers."

Get a life!!

You will obviously see this as a victory to yourself, if that pleases you then well done!

I do not intend to get into any further discussion with you regarding this anymore, you obviously have issues with Adobe over this and you treat me, a fellow human, the same!  An apology for your rudeness would be nice, but I doubt you even think you have done anything wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This on-line / Pdf help needs to be re-done from scratch.  I am part of a team that teaches this to students at various levels of 'photoshop exposure', for example at a very basic level is the mis-mash of CS5.5  interface help screen with what is in front of the students is a CS6 tool pallet showing new features. Surely, this should be addressed during the beta mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sparkies2 wrote:

This on-line / Pdf help needs to be re-done from scratch…

Without a doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a reference to Adobe Photoshop's keyboard shortcuts, take a look at the new Photoshop CS6 Quick Reference Guide. It is in its beta form, but it is a great way to find shortcuts, as well as find a menu location that might have changed from CS5. We are looking for your feedback, which you can contribute on the site as well.

janelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I took a look.

Here is what I did I use the above link Photoshop CS6 Quick Reference Guide. checked Keyboard shortcuts and click the Update button.

After a short while the columns were updated. 

I opened updated PC Photoshop CS6 use Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts and use the set pull-down menu and chose Photoshop Defaults to make sure Adobe default were set. 

I the started to compare the shortcut listed in the Edit keyboard dialog to the ones listed in the quick guide.  When I reach row 3 Actual Pixels the Edit Keyboard dialog surprised me for it listed two shortcuts  "Ctrl+1" and "Alt+Ctrl+0".

So I closed the dialog to try them. 

First I use Ctrl+0 fit image on screen to enlarge as small image on screen in a floating window. It worked differently then in previous version of Photoshop. The image area was one pixel narrower and one pixel shorter the previous releases so the scroll bars were active where previous release they were inactive. So I dragged out the window to deactivate the scroll bars.

Then I tried Ctrl+1 it did zoom to 100% but it to made the image area one pixel narrower then it should be and one pixel shorter then the image area should be so the scroll bars were active till I dragged out the floating window to inactivate the scroll bars and show  the whole image.

I then tried ALT+Ctrl+0 the image was at 100% and remained 100% it resize the image are 1 pixel shorter then it should and one pixel narrower the it should be and the scroll bars were once again active. Previous versions of Photoshop resized floating windows correctly. 

However both shortcuts listed in the Edit Keyboard Dialog did zoom to 100%.  The Quick Reference Guide listed No PC shortcuts for View Actual Pixels it only listed cmd+1 for the Mac so first two row look good  third row not good.

Actual Pixels  Display the image at 100% View Menu view > actual pixels  More Help Cmd + 1

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines