• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Tip: Keep Previous versions and Have All the Updates !

Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some People ask  .. Can i get Some Updates and Leave others ?

How Could I get Back to the old Refine Edge in Photoshop !

On of The Most Important Tips that Most of us Skipped when Updating is ...

they Click Directly on the Update Button.

Whenever you want to get the New updates .. Always  Keep the Old Versions

1- Click on the Advanced Options

2- Uncheck Remove Old Versions

as Adobe Mentioned here its an  (  Advanced Options ) this is why Most of us left them as they are.

I have never Delete any older version since CC ever released in 2013  so whenever there is a bug in the Software i switch Back to older version

until Bug fixes release in the upcoming update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tip, some don't realize that you can keep older versions on your computer. However, not everyone has the space to keep all of the older versions.

Luckily, it is safe to remove them and if they find the need to use an older version. They can install older versions as they are listed in the manager.

Edit -

Here is a screen capture of the manager for CC 2015

Manager additional programs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the history is one version old only, sorry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install anything back to CS6. Just use the dropdown menu next to the Install button.

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 11.53.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha, they changed it. I wasn't paying attention again. I thought it was odd I couldn't go back to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you get a 32-bit version this way? I have a plugin I use occasionally, that I know will never be updated to 64-bit.Or would I have to got the direct download route?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This maybe worth testing, as I recall both 64 bit and 32 bit were installed together at one point. I don't recall what version the 32 bit was dropped. Is there even a 32 bit version now? or did they just make the installer OS bit aware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the best way of installing previous versions by accident. I own the last disk version of Adobe CS6. I belong to CC now and also have a new machine so all that's ever been on it is CC 2017. I installed CS 6, now I have access to all the previous versions when I click on the previous button in the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you see the popup that has the Update, Cancel and Advanced Options buttons? When I click Update it just starts downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines