• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between Annual Plan, paid monthly, and Monthly plan?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to figure out the difference between the Annual Plan (paid monthly) and the monthly plan, for purchasing a single app (Premiere)

It sounds like the monthly plan doesn't require a minimum subscription, but other forums seem to suggest that you have to sign up for a year.

If I sign up to a monthly plan, can I come and go as I need to? Can I stop paying if there are a few months where I do not need to use the program?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Adobe - Subscription Terms‌‌

This link pretty much explains all the plans in detail and how they work and the cancellation fees for each one. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The annual plan paid monthly is $20.  The month-by-month plan is $30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jim points out, there is a price break if you pay for the year, but only pay them monthly. But if you only need the program every couple of months, you could theoretically save money by paying for just the months you need it.

That is one reason why I question the people who say that if you stop subscribing you will lose all of your ability to ever go back to work on a project. Just buy a month. Simple.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be my case, because I only need the program in May, September, amd December. Users like me don't need to buy the whole year, but we're afraid to be charged with the 12 months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I sign up for a monthly plan, can I come and go as I need to? Can I stop paying if there are a few months where I do not need to use the program?

Yes, absolutely, on both questions.

It seems to be my case, because I only need the program in May, September, and December.

Then you can sign up for a Monthly plan and cancel when you aren't using it, thus paying for only the months you need.

Just keep in mind there is a cost breakeven point where it works out better to get an Annual plan anyway (over Monthly), even if you don't use it for the whole year... More details and comparison here:

Creative Cloud Annual vs. Monthly Plan: Which Should You Choose?

It should also be noted that any early cancellation fee for an Annual subscription is waived when changing from one type of Creative Cloud plan to another:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

Just like with cancellations, usually switching can be done online. Something to keep in mind if your needs change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Subscription Terms‌‌

This link pretty much explains all the plans in detail and how they work and the cancellation fees for each one. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help too: Renew, restart, or extend your Adobe Creative Cloud membership

If you're month-to-month and then stop paying, you'll be inactive; then you can reactivate your account. But confirm with customer service first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem. I you want pay $12.99 monthly you have to agree to a 1 year commitment.

It's not clear in on the site what one is signing up for. I elected for Monthly $12.99 and was billed$22.99 to be paid monthly. I have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the account to be set up (wrongly of course) Then close that account and start a new one. Does that not leave room for further error? Yes it does. But that's what I must do to have access to Adobe Acrobat to do my Job daily.

I wish  you good luck with Live chat,

Gmartemisia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note,I have canceled my subcription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines