• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Serial Number not Valid

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5  Master Collection DVD Pack. I had it installed on and old PC. I removed it and deactivated it from that PC to installed on a new PC. Now when I input my Serial Number to activate my product it says that the serial number is not valid. I chatted with adobe for almost 1 hour and the best thing he could tell was to post my issue in this forum. Wow, it is amazing that this is the way Adobe addresses customers issues. Post it on a forum and see what happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

you can't install the mac version on a windows computer.  and cs5 is not eligible for exchange.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an invalid serial number (as opposed to a red x after entering your serial number) is caused by an installation file/serial number mismatch.

because you're not downloading your files, copy the dvd files to a desktop directory.  try and install from that directory and copy/paste your serial number copied from your account, https://www.adobe.com/account.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, I copied all the files from the DVD's into a file created on the desktop. The setup.exe file is displayed in XML format both on the DVD and in the file that it was copied and it will not launch the installation. I tried to launch it with both acrobat 9 pro and creative cloud and nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by, the setup.exe file is displayed in xml format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here it is as best as i can describe it:

I Have the CS5 Master Collection DVD Package.

Application DVD's 1 an2

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro

Adobe Creative Suite 5

When I load Application DVD 1 three files are displayed.

Adobe Master Collection (File Folder)

.VolumeIcon (ICNS format)

Creative Suite Master Collection Read Me (PDF)

When I Open Adobe Master Collection (File Folder) four folders area displayed

Deploy (File Folder)

Install.app (File Folder)

Packages (File Folder)

Payloads (File Folder)

The only Setup Folder in Application DVD 1 is under the Payloads folder (the last file on the list) but the file does not execute because the file format is xml. When I open it a word pad with code opens up.

Also when I load the Acrobat 9 PRO DVD int the drive nothing happens. When I open the drive it no files are displayed on the DVD itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i assume you're trying to install on a mac. if so,

copy the installation files from dvd1 to a desktop directory and double click install.app  if that fails and you have sierra os, Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

you probably have a different serial number of your suite and for your acrobat 9.  you can expect some (or a lot of) problems with both (but especially acrobat) if you have an incompatible (ie, newer) os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, is not a mac,

Windows 10 pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't install the mac version on a windows computer.  and cs5 is not eligible for exchange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the install by copying all the files from the DVD to the desktop, and nothing.

I installed a trial version of Acrobat 9 pro and tried installing CS5 from the CD and Desktop and nothing

I tried installing it with creative cloud from both DVD and Desktop and nothing

I downloaded CS5 from Adobe Site but my serial number is not valid with the Adobe Site download version

I've at this for three days and nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your DVD's are for MacOS system (*.app and so on) And Your serial is also for this version, which is NOT compatibile with Windows verion. In order to revert Your software from Mac version to Windows one, please follow this steps:

Exchange a product for a different language or platform version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say that setup.exe is a windows version.

Try using the download link below to install the software and validate with the serial number from your disk or from your account.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-product-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines