• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 installer fails to initialize

New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading the Mac version of Photoshop CS6 using Download Assistant, I attempted to install it as a trial. When I launch the Photoshop CS6 install app, it comes back with "We've encountered the following issues -- installer failed to initialize." It suggested Adobe Support Advisor be downloaded to detect the problem. I downloaded and ran that. It comes back with "Inspection could not identify any issues. Please contact Adobe Support for further assistance." So here I am...

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Rob-ART your next step would be to review the PDApp.log if your installer is failing to initialize.  You can find details on how to review this in Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html#main_Analyze_the_Creative_Suite_5_PDapp_log.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more info. What Mac? What version of OSX? Thios courl be anything from mundane permission issues to your Mac not meeting system requirements...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

Mac Pro early 2008

Mac OS X 10.7.3

Downloaded Photoshop CS6 using download assistant.

Click on the downloaded dmg file and create a mountable volume Adobe Photoshop CS6

Contains::

Installations Instructions.pdf

Adobe Photoshop CS6 folder

- Delopyment (folder)

- Install.app

- packages (folder)

- payloads (folder)

Click on Install.app and immediately get the following message window

"

! We've encountered the following issues

Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem.

"

Download Support advisor, but there is nothing to report.

I have tried creating a new user and repeating the process. Same result.

Have checked disk permissions. Seems to be ok.

I had no trouble installing CS6 Beta a few weeks ago. Ran unstall CS6 Beta before trying to install CS6.

Now can not install CS6 or CS6 beta. both report the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated

JBrackz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing from the new user account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried installing from a new user account. Same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this article:- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-error-messages-bootstrapper-cs5.html

and folow the steps mentioned in the section"installer failed to intialize"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did to finally get PS13.00 to load correctly.

1. Attempted to uninstall all previous adobe products. Deleted CS4 - no trouble.

2. Attempted to uninstall CS5. Could not find products to delete. Reported that CS5 application manager damaged.

3. Reinstalled CS5 application manager (6.00) from web download.

4. Application manager for CS5 reported everything o.k.

5. Ran unstall CS5 and was able to select which products to delete. (I DID NOT DELETE ANY APPLICATION AT THIS STAGE)

6. Decided (before I deleted CS5 to re-try and install PS 13.00.  Success. PS 13.00 installed without a hitch and I still have CS5 installed.

So it appears that a corrupt CS5 application manager file was preventing install manager CS6 to run.

Discovered that CS6 install updates the current application manager and it appears that this was causing my problem.

So try reinstalling application manager if you have problems.

I'm now happy.

JBrackz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Jbrackz and I are having the same problem, I wonder if it is related to both of us being in the Photoshop CS6 Beta program. I booted from a second boot drive that was not used in the beta program and Photoshop CS6 installed fine.

As for the Application Manager, both of my boot drives had the older version. I ran the update in both cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were a beta tester, there might remnants of previous installations on your computer. You should use the Adobe Cleaner tool before you install CS6 applications. http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first download the Adobe applciation manager manually from the locations:

Mac: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4774&fileID=4438

Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4773&fileID=4437

Later If you are still facing issue. Rename Media_db, pdb and OOBE folder.

The path for the above files will be:

1: OOBE

Windows: C>Program files or Program files(x86)>Common files>Adobe>OOBE and rename the OOBE folder to like (OOBEold).

Mac OS X : Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe>OOBE .

Note: The library will be hidden in Mac OS X version 10.7 and later you can access the hidden library ie the root library by In the Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder.

In the Go To Folder dialog, type ~/Library and click Go to access the hidden library.

2:Location of Media_db, pdb files.

Windows: C>Program files or Program files(x86)>Common files>Adobe>Caps

Mac OS X : Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe>Caps.

After renaming OOBE, Media_db, pdb files run the Application manager which was downloaded and if the issue still persists then:

Create a new Administartor account and the restart the computer and log in back to the created new admin account , log in to CCm account and then try it will work.

If you have queries regarding Creative Cloud installation and setup, you  can contact support using the below link.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact/

1) Choose 'Creative Cloud' from the field 'Select Your Adobe Product'

2) Choose the option " Download, installing and setting up" from drop down menu for the option ' Tell us what you need help with?'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Vikrant Rai's suggestion. The CSCleanerTool didn't find anything to clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried venkk's suggestion. That didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob-ART your next step would be to review the PDApp.log if your installer is failing to initialize.  You can find details on how to review this in Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html#main_Analyze_the_Cre....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I can't seem to paste, I just posted to thread 1009364 showing path that was blocked.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1009364

For some reason Norton Internet Security is blocking the updates. Not sure if this is relevant to other peoples issue or not.

Am running win7/64 trying to update CS64 with error code U44M1P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff Wright. I will check that. Meanwhile, before I saw your posting, I installed OS X Lion on a blank SSD and was able to install Photoshop CS6 without an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!! Solved my problem! Thanks a million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly this problem trying to move my recent purchase of PSE 11 to my brand new MacBook Air. 

The solution was: 

1)  I found the Adobe Uninstaller in Utilities/Adobe Installers/Uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements 11

Clicked it, was told the Adobe Application Manager was missing, got a link to download it.

2) downloaded & installed the Adobe Application Manager

3) being optimistic, I installed PSE 11 from the download I already had

IT WORKED!!!

very happy boy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem was there a solution to this that you found? My only difference is that i am on a pc and not a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was a missing file: "Adobe Application Manager". I got the link to it by trying to uninstall PSE 11. Probably you can just search Adobe downloads. Didn't have to uninstall PSE, just re-did the PSE installation after installing AAM. Here's my post...

15.RonMasters

Jun 22, 2013 3:32 PM in reply to rob-ART

I had exactly this problem trying to move my recent purchase of PSE 11 to my brand new MacBook Air.

The solution was:

1) I found the Adobe Uninstaller in Utilities/Adobe Installers/Uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements 11

Clicked it, was told the Adobe Application Manager was missing, got a link to download it.

2) downloaded & installed the Adobe Application Manager

3) being optimistic, I installed PSE 11 from the download I already had

IT WORKED!!!

very happy boy.

Was this helpful? Yes NoReply|Edit|Delete

Ron Masters

Prodigy: Do not try to think outside the box.

That's impossible.

Simply try to realize the truth.

Neo: Which is?

Prodigy: There is no box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just experienced the same problem and the solution is to disconnect from the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this trouble, too.

After uninstall Photoshop CC 14, i cannot reinstall it, with this error like your error, after 2-3 ours setup, config, .................. ^^! I find the way to fix it, so easy =]]

Setup 'Adobe Creative Cloud' then install your soft, it's all (for me )

Hope this can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.

what i did:

1. Deleted adobe files & folders from application folder

2. deleted files and folders from utilities folder in applications

3. deleted files and folders from /Library/application support and ~/Library/application support - adobe folder

4. deleted files and folders from /Library/preferences - adobe stuff

[to access the hidden library folder: 1. open finder. 2. click on Go Menu 3. click on Go to folder 4. type "~/Library"]

i dont know what worked and what didn't among these steps but my problem got solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2015 Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the issue that the installer would just stop loading -- almost as if it was stuck.  It was not a low bandwidth issue as other files would upload or download quickly via WI-Fi.

After trying all things above and working with Adobe support directly, I tried one last ditch effort. I plugged directly into the router with a network cable. Low and behold it worked!

I know this is not a Wi-Fi issue because I have the same problem with safari. It just won't load unless I have a direct connection to the router. But Chrome works fine.

Just posting in case others have been racking their brains trying everything and this is their issue too.  😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

formally when i used to download photoshop it did work perfectly as i expected. Now its misbehaving i dont why and when i click on '' advisor support'' its still says '' advisor discontinued'' whyyyy, i've downloaded application for incase it can help download but no it cant this made me pretty furious but please solve this out.

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after beating my head against the wall and getting no help from adobe support.  This finally works

Installer failed to initialize On Mac Problem Fixed - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines