• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't register Photoshop CS4 license

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation process accepted my license number; but when I come to add the license number to my Adobe ID products register it gives the error Please enter a valid serial number:

register error.jpg

My main goal is to check that my license is clean and hasn't already been registered. Please can anyone help?

Thank you

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Hi David,

On this forum is mostly fellow users like yourself, and we can't really help too much with licensing problems.

For those issues, it's best to contact Adobe directly – via live online chat is usually the fastest:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

On this forum is mostly fellow users like yourself, and we can't really help too much with licensing problems.

For those issues, it's best to contact Adobe directly – via live online chat is usually the fastest:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks PDT.

I spoke with Adobe and they've confirmed the serial number is counterfeit. Dang... I knew online piracy was rife but didn't realise physical manufacture was so prevalent too. Trying to sort a refund... meanwhile I'm continuing my CC subscription 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately 'being physical' (having a CD/DVD etc) doesn't mean much these days... The counterfeiters have gotten very good.

Could you tell the difference between these two? It’s often very difficult to know from the outside of the packaging, or even from the inside...

Box – Bottom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, PDT :-S yeah the box doesn't have a hologram on the label of the box... it's a very very good copy, but it's a copy... I guess the counterfeit market for this stuff was enormous. My eBay seller, whom I already suspected had no idea, was mortified and initiated a refund straight away. I feel bad for the seller. It's amazing that ten years later these things are still changing hands. I guess most people would skip registration and wouldn't bother logging the serial with Adobe.

When I "deactivated" the software (god knows if it actually did anything, and either way it was pointless) and uninstalled it, I noticed two additional Windows updates had installed straight after the PS install. I uninstalled them to be on the safe side, then ran Windows updates again and those two items did NOT get installed again. So I wonder if those were phony. Thanks for the tip - I just ran a malware scan, it says I'm clear - touch wood that's right...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines