• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS6 - legacy Java SE 6 runtime?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to get my Illustrator CS6 to open but for some reason, I kept getting this message:

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 1.45.06 PM.png

I had reached out to Adobe Help but they were useless as they kept saying to post the problem here, despite that I need to use Illustrator CS6 NOW!! I have a client that asked for a design that required me to use illustrator but now because I need to wait for the answer, I will have to tell my client that her design will be delayed because of technical difficulty.

Extra Information:

- Operating System: MacOS Sierra

- Version 10.12.2

- Java: Version 8 Update 111

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika Gause,

Perfect. I had the same issue with my Illustrator after restoring my (Yosemite) time machine backup, from my HDD to a new SSD. This installation worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I'm having the same trouble as dartmadartist (trying to open illustrator yields "you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime" popup... I recently reinstalled Yosemite 10.10.5 on my MacBook Pro which has caused this issue to come up...

After downloading the Java version you provided in the above link, I now receive "you can't open the application Adobe Illustrator CS6 because it is not responding"... any ideas on why this would now be the case... still Java related?

I know this is slightly off-topic, but Apple support suggested I upgrade to El Capitan, however I tried this last night and it almost killed my MacBook.

Any thoughts or tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might need to uninstall Illustrator (the complete Suite), run the Adobe Cleaner tool and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

darkmdartist,

You should be able to get round the issue altogether without the legacy version (and its security implications), by following this:

http://oliverdowling.com.au/2014/03/28/java-se-8-on-mac-os-x/

It is even more thoroughly described in this thread, see post #3 on by gator soup:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1706469

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realise that CS6 is out of support now...? This means Adobe won't talk to you about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should be flexible about it - I dont have money to do the subscriptions so I stick with my CS6 since that doesnt require me to chuck money that I dont have...and it still works on my laptop no problems, minus the java issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their flexibility is directly proportional to the amount of money they are receiving from you RIGHT NOW, which, from people like you and me, who refuse to get strong-armed into paying a monthly fortune for a dizzying array of programs we will never use, especially since we paid a small fortune for the suite we already own, is nothing. Adobe is like any other large corporation, they care as much about you as you do about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will not be flexible about it, since that would make the people who found the money for subscriptions, because they were told and believed there would be no support, unhappy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines