• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 from reseller and cannot register the product to my Adobe account

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had purchased an Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 (perpetual) for 2 PCs from a reseller here in Australia in February 2019. I was provided with a serial number that I assumed will work with both computers. I had registered the serial number to my Adobe account right away and have been using it on my laptop for the past year perfectly.

I did not need to use it on a second computer until now. I tired to use the same serial number but received a message saying, "The serial number you have entered has been revoked. This product cannot be licensed." I contacted the reseller to follow up and apparently I had to activate the serial number within 30 days on my second PC, implying it is no longer usable on a second PC.

They sent me another serial number to use on my second PC but I am unable to register it to my Adobe products. I get the error message saying, "This serial number is already in use." I contacted the reseller to follow up again and they mentioend they have provided me with an OEM serial number for my second PC and that OEM serial numbers cannot be registered to Adobe accounts. They also mentioned that the reason I am receiving the error message is becuase I have already used the serial number for activation.

I have looked online and it appears you cannot transfer ownership of OEM licences. I am worried that if this serial number stops working for any reason, such as it is registered to someone else or I purchase a new PC, I will not be able to use the second licence again.

My question is, is there a way to register the second licence to my account? Is there anything I can do to make this possible?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Just an update, I have spent 8 hours yesterday chatting to Adobe Customer Service and after 8-9 representatives, I finally learnt that the original licence provided to me was a counterfeit. Apparently up until last year these counterfeit serial numbers were getting through and once activated, Acrobat would remain fully functional. They have since cracked down on it and have been disabling these counterfeit keys so that they cannot be used further. Adobe has provided me a written confirmation in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reseller seems to be saying and doing some very questionable things which do not ring right. I think you may have a fake. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was contacted via private message by Adobe moderators to contact via email. Their response was, "Adobe Account registration is no longer available for Perpetual license of the software." The serial number is working fine. I'm just worried that if I ever have to change computers, it might stop working. But I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

You're correct, the response from the reseller raised more questions. I believe the reseller was just trying to settle this in the shortest amount of time.

Thank you for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no. You were contacted by a another, different scammer, after your money. Neither Adobe Customer care nor Adobe moderators will use a public email address like this. So, what they said was also a lie. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope you didn't give them any personal details. Please let us know the Adobe ID they used so that someone can arrange to block it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised it. I totally missed the 'outlook.com'.

The messages I received were from:

• Adobe Andrea Brown
  • Adobe Charlie Brown

I have reported both of these profiles to 'Notify moderators for inappropriate content'.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update, I have spent 8 hours yesterday chatting to Adobe Customer Service and after 8-9 representatives, I finally learnt that the original licence provided to me was a counterfeit. Apparently up until last year these counterfeit serial numbers were getting through and once activated, Acrobat would remain fully functional. They have since cracked down on it and have been disabling these counterfeit keys so that they cannot be used further. Adobe has provided me a written confirmation in an email that the serial number is a counterfeit. I have contacted the reseller for a refund. Hopefully they will agree to it after seeing the confirmation from Adobe. Otherwise I will ask for legal advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that, and hope you had some chance to get a refund or retain legal counsel. The other thing to be extremely careful of is a virus or trojan deposited by the fake software onto your system.

BTW, if you see "OEM copy" mentioned in any offer of Adobe software, that is pretty much a dead giveaway that it is bogus.

As always, if anything sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines