• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i use lighroom without internet

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello so I want to edit photo when I am not with internet and I cant..

it possible to work without internet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

You can work with Lightroom without being connected to the internet. Just make sure that the pictures you want to edit are stored offline on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Read the answer again. You can only edit an image without an internet connection if that image (or a smart preview) is stored locally as well.

Lightroom.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Or Store an Album locally, but you have to do this whilst you still have internet connection.

Store album locally, save your photos to a hard drive, or share as web gallery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can work with Lightroom without being connected to the internet. Just make sure that the pictures you want to edit are stored offline on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was yesterday in a fly and tried to connect Lighroom and it wrote me that I could not becose i am not connectet..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the answer again. You can only edit an image without an internet connection if that image (or a smart preview) is stored locally as well.

Lightroom.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Store an Album locally, but you have to do this whilst you still have internet connection.

Store album locally, save your photos to a hard drive, or share as web gallery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to import pictures in Lightromm CC on a mobile device (in holidays) without Internet Connection? Working offline is only possible when the Pictures are already uploaded to the cloud. So its a really bad solution for a "mobile" Version?

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, on Mobile you can Import and Edit when  Offline as the Photos will be stored locally until connection is resumed, when syncing to the Cloud will commence.

Make sure you have a back up though in case the app crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure it out how to edit my raw copied to smartphone with Android without synchro on cloud. I don't want cloud, just develop few photos on my trip. (I have no more space on cloud). Is my plan is useless without buying another one to enlarge my space in creative disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plan do you have? If you have the Photography Plan with Lightroom Classic and only 20GB cloud space, then sync your Lightroom Classic catalog. Images synced from Lightroom Classic are synced as smart previews that do not count against your cloud space. Smart previews are good enough for editing on a smart phone, and the edits sync back to Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not true with the latest update and I do not yet know what the answer is but you cannot even open Lightroom classic  without Internet service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then most likely you have logged out of your Creative Cloud account. As long as you keep being logged in, you can work with Lightroom Classic without having an internet connection just fine. How long you can do this depends on your subscription: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-w-o-internet/td-p/994...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i used to be able to work on the photos fine without an internet connection, there should be an option before it uploads the photos to the internet to store them locally to save data. the two options there arent as logical as just grabbing it from the original location, instead it seems to make even more space you would need either on the internet or a temp soace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines