• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago).

Other members in the same case ?

Thank you for your answers. Jean.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Just to update people on here, in conjuction with 12.1 Update from Apple on my Mac, there was an update from Adobe too.  My PSE 2022 now appears to be working fine on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 350 Replies 350
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, with Monterey you cannot start Photoshop Elements 2021 either. Please help. Regards Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I do have the same problem an many others I suppose . Is Adobe aware of this? when will this bug be fixed? rgds Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after a few restarts now the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me. I tried to start it numerous times including several system restarts. No solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue...have restarted several times, tono avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the issue, any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Photoshop Elements 2021. Freezes at start under macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open Photoshop Elements 2021 in Monterey either.  Have to Force Quit every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touch wood, I have no problem opening PSE2022 but editing seems to take an age, with a sign across any image saying editing is in progress, even 30 minutes later!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I've got the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2021 works in Monterey as well as it did in Big Sur with all the same quirks. Unfortunately it is a ONE shot deal. It will load only one time. Subsequent tries require a Force Quit and rebooting the computer. It will then work one more time!

Not exactly how a program should work. Adobe help have nothing and refer to it as an outdated program with no support. It seems from comments here the 2022 version is no better.  Photoshop Elements 2020 works properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, PSE 2021 worked perfectly in Big Sur. In Monterey I was able to start it one time only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem with Topaz plugins with PSE 2021 in Big Sur. Mask would usually run automatically two times with data from the first  attempt lost. The other plugins usually did not show the results of the program until the Undo / Redo buttons were pressed. Just a minor irritation as everything else seemed to be fine.

None of those problems happen with PSE 2020 using Big Sur or Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly this ist also my expierence. Also no chance with PSE 2018 - by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is real.  Photoshop Elements 2021 is dead on Monterey.

I have two Macs,  an Intel-based desktop and Macbook Pro with an M1 Pro chip.  Both are running Monterey 12.0.1 and neither can run Photoshop Elements 2021.  Fail behavior is the same on both.

Specifically, I can launch Photoshop Elements 2021 and get the welcome screen, and I can launch Organizer from the welcome screen, but I cannot launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.  It just hangs up.  Nor can I launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor directly from its subfolder in Applications.  Same.

I've tried downloading and re-installing Elements on both machines from scratch, same result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reinstalled several times and no difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  I'm amazed about this because I had the exact same problem (on a Mac, organizer opens but then editor won't and system hangs) back at Photoshop Elements 9.  That's over 10 years ago and Adobe still hasn't figured it out.  There were several posts about this at the time, with Adobe blaming Apple mostly.  And yes, Adobe didn't respond at all, even tom repeated customer problems.  They eventually promised a fix in a new version, but Photoshop Elements 11 has the same issue, and that was 8 years ago.

Anyway, the workaround I found at that time was this: in the organizer, click editor on the photo you want to edit.  Then close the organizer.  The editor then worked fine.  Of course, you have to restart the organizer to keep going after your edit.

This and other annoying glitches in the Mac version led me to run Photoshop on a virtual machine under Parallels Desktop.  Best of both worlds.  Photoshop runs fine (it thinks its on a PC) but I have a Mac.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been short on patience with Adobe and their lag in updating to keep up with MacOS. I have an older version of PSE and Photoshop that run perfectly on two older machines, Windows and a MacAir. Affinity seems to be the editor of choice for my new Mac. Really sad to spend all this time waiting just to find out things crash and burn. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same in Elements 2021 MAC and Organizer 2021 MAC. Elements wouldn't open, just spinning the ball, and Organizer did open with partial folders. Both have drop down choices greyed out and can't close either. Must force quit. Nothing noted on Adobe web as to any updates which you can't use in the programs (greyed out). Wouldn't you think a major company would have figured something out BEFORE Monterey's release like 90% of other apps do? Really disappointed in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.  After numerous force quits and reboots, both now open. The update drop down still greyed out on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of the comments in this thread and is looking into the problems described.  However, it would be helpful if more details were provided about your experiences.

Has anyone been unable to install Elements 2022 on Monterey OS?  And please state whether you have installed a fresh OS or simply upgraded the old one.

Same question for owners of previous versions.

For those who have been able to install Elements on Monterey, please describe in more detail the problems you have experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Monterey PSE 2021 worked as before on the first launch. Subsequent launches produced the bouncing icon to show it was loading but eventually the Force Quit box showed the application was no longer responding. During the forced quit process I sent the data report several times. The app would not run again until the computer had been restarted. It would then run perfectly ONE time and needed a reboot to run again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines