• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Activate Photoshop CS2 and CS3.

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both programs are installed on my new laptop.  I deactivated years ago when I had my desktop computer.  The phone numbers listed on the activation page of both programs do not work.  I try to activate directly from the programs on the internet, it says servers not working, try later. I tried later, same answer.  How is it possible to activate these old Photoshop CS 2 and 3.  I would think the license would be expired by now, they are really old, 2008 I think I purchased them and had no problem activation.  It appears the activation keys are valid on both programs, they want an Authorization Code either by internet or phone a phone call to get this, neither works for me.  Any help on how to reach Adobe Customer Service or Tech support to help me activate these.What is the email address for Adobe's Customer Service?​ !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Update:

Neither CS2 nor CS3 can be activated any more. Those old activation servers were retired years ago. There’s no activation process in existence for those versions.

--- Previous reply ---

The steps now:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Neither CS2 nor CS3 can be activated any more. Those old activation servers were retired years ago. There’s no activation process in existence for those versions.

--- Previous reply ---

The steps now:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I uninstalled both CS 2 and CS 3 as you suggested.  I will try what you suggested below.Thanks, Kevin Mercer Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use old serial numbers for CS2 and Acrobat 8 Pro. Easily downloaded both but when launched, both ask to be activated. Of course, the pop-up says they are noty able to reach Adobe. Seems like I am back at square 1 with your directions as well. Any suggestions. I also do not have Java installed on my computer

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exaxt same problem. Upon contacting Adobe help they "are sorry" and sent me to this link for help. A lot of help Adobe has been. Won't be supporting Adobe by buying thier products anymore.

Moderator Edit: Foul language removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if you haven’t been supporting them much recently, if CS3 was the last thing you bought. Over 11 years ago. Have a good day now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Adobe products that you currently have are sufficient for your work, why spend more money for something that isn't needed? There are still many "starving artists" with tight budgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose to keep and use old software then the only way to guarantee that it will work is to also freeze the rest of your system, i.e. hardware, operating system and camera. As you update any of those, then you run into the chance that the application will no longer be compatible with the other parts of your system.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 was working just fine for me on my old computer and continues to be fine on the new computer. The problem is, that the program is requiring registration, which can't be accomplished for the reasons listed elsewhere in this thread and instead, it's being seen as a trial and counting down from 30 days, presumably I won't be able to access it then? I'm hoping for the same reasons that it can't be registered, the 30 days will come and go and I will still be able to access "my own software that I paid more than 800 bucks for and which still works and suits my purpose" ... but I'd really like to get this squared away before then. If anyone can offer any help, I would appreciate it very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about you let us worry about that, Dave? Perhaps you should spend your time asking Adobe to allow people to use the products that they paid for? I don't care about "support".... make the product FUNCTION. Activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very old thread. Currently the activation servers for CS to CS4 have been closed down. CS5 onward can still be activated.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me? I am having the exact same problem and came here for help. Photoshop CS2 is everything I've required for what I use it for. I believe I paid 800 bucks or so for it, "way back when". I'm not asking that it be supported but I expect that I should be able to install it on a new computer and carry on using it for as many years as I like. Unfortunately, it seems that there is going to be a problem because it is being seen as a trial and counting day from 30 days! That's just BS! If anyone has any suggestions I would be sincerely grateful for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try using the link in John's post, marked as correct, above?

As to whether it will work on a new computer , that depends on the hardware and operating system on your new computer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I didn't because someone wrote that it didn't work for them. I hadn't noticed that it was marked as "correct". I will give it a try. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will it work for cs2 as well? It just mentions cs3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't try it as I use CC.  I would sign in and try it with your serial number. If it does not work then you will need to contact Adobe Customer Care

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you, Dave. I thought everything was going great. Got the new serial number, downloaded from link, started install and it appeared to be installing and then it just "stalled". I quit the download after about an hour. Do you happen to have the number for customer care? Thanks so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering what happend after the 30 day period ended. I'm in the same 'starving artist' category; I use it just for fun and can't afford $50/month subscription.

I have CS2 on disks; I took it off from old laptop with Windows 7 and I tried to install on new laptop with Windows 10. It installed it but won't activate it and it shuts down the program immediately. I went back to the old laptop, it installed, opened and gave me the 30 day trial info. I wonder what would happen if I just kept it off line. I know it sounds desperate but whatever happend with 'customer is always right' ? CS2 did the job for me so why is Adobe deciding for me when I should stop using it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by Adobe that "CS3 is dead."

Can't use the old products anymore, which is annoying, because I paid around $900 for two copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO THIS. IT WORKS:

Neither CS2 nor CS3 can be activated any more. Those activation servers were retired years ago. There’s no activation process in existence for those versions.

The steps now:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The non activation versions are no longer available and the link you posted doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've visited the link. it says:

CREATIVE SUITE 5, 5.5, AND 6

If you have registered or purchased your Creative Suite app from Adobe, you may be able to download it from your account

Before you download and install your Creative Suite app, check your system requirements.

CREATIVE SUITE 2, 3, AND 4

You can no longer reinstall Creative Suite 2, 3 or 4 even if you have the original installation disks. The aging activation servers for those apps had to be retired.  

mine are 2 licenses for Photoshop CS3. where to find this non-activation version of CS3..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where to find this non-activation version of CS3..?

It no longer exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That linkk no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines