• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 and Yosemite

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Captivate 8 work properly in Yosemite? As a freelancer, I need Captivate 8 to work consistently for me. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Hi Whcarpent

We have release recent update to Captivate 8. If you have Captivate 8 GM(8.0.0.145), please update to Captivate 8.0.1.242 for it to work well with Yosemite.

Thanks,

Sankaram

Captivate QE Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Whcarpent

We have release recent update to Captivate 8. If you have Captivate 8 GM(8.0.0.145), please update to Captivate 8.0.1.242 for it to work well with Yosemite.

Thanks,

Sankaram

Captivate QE Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to Captivate 8.0.1.242, i have a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OSX Yosemity 10.10... and a big problem with Text-to-Speech.

"Error occured while generating Text to Speech Audio for Slide...".

With the last version of Captivate and Lion this problem doesn't exist.

If I open old files, with the new configuration i have the same problem.

Please, any ideas for the solution?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and it's now 2015. I had held off pushing Cap 8 with my retina display mac (Yosemite) as I thought a couple of months to get this fixed. I know someone is saying 'Go PC', but that's not going to happen in our studio. I'm now having to show this thread to our bosses to explain why we have been holding back on Captivate usage.

This doesn't look good!

PS: the Text-to-Speech option is really important for us to be able to do ruff cuts. After which the lecturers can edit and then book studio session time for voice overs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe also do this for Captivate 7?

Some users are still dependent on previous versions of Captivate. So this would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sincerely doubt that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the status of Captivate 8 and Yosemite?
Are there any prohibitions agains running Captivate 8 from the non-boot drive in general? on Yosemite in particular?
When my Captivate v.6 would not work with Yosemite, I decided to update to v.8 -- I just downloaded (8.0.1.242) and installed it on an external drive (non-boot drive). It refuses to load. Thanks for any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running that version and it still is not working. I get the error message "Error occured while generating Text to Speech Audio for Slide..."  just like the original post mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered the problem. It's all about the order of events. You have to select the voice first. If you don't, it is attempting to use one of the voices that doesn't work. This is probably just a Mac issue, as the Mac puts a ton of voices in there that you can't actually use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.  I have tried selecting the voices first and second with the same result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on Captivate 8 and Yosemite? I keep getting a Captivate 8 needs Java SE 6 environment (which is no longer available for download on a Mac running Yosemite). Not impressed that I now have a 300$ application that is a brick .. and many projects in limbo. Worked fine after initial OS upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any resolution to any of these issues?

I'd like to upgrade to Yosemite, to take advantage of the ability to record iPad screens, but I can't risk having Captivate 8 not work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh! I am dealing with the same error for text to speech. It simply doesn't work. Adobe doesn't seem to understand this. I spent 2 hours in a chat with help and they had me reinstall Captivate and the voices... which did nothing for the problem.

I see several forum posts about this, but no resolution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources