• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe Illustrator has detected a problem in the windows registry which needs to be corrected..."

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Illustrator has detected a problem in the Windows registry which needs to be corrected for Illustrator to work properly. Would you like Illustrator to correct the problem now?"

So this was my problem until I realized that most, if not all, problems with CS5 products (I had the problem with a different error message for both Illustrator and Fireworks) can easily be fixed by running the program as an administrator (this refers to Windows - Vista and 7). Not sure whether or not this was pointed out in another post but, before you come complaining (or just posting questions lol), try this method. If it doesn't work, well.... the forums are yours to "enjoy".

A side note: Illustrator might not necessarily need administrative privileges but instead just that only the administrator(s) have full control over the program.

Message was edited by: gamincci

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are correct it resolved my issue also

Steps are

Go to Windows Logo (left bottom screen)
Click on AI logo
Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator"
AI will open up, close it and re-open - the iritating message will  not there anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to list the steps to take.  Fixed my problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for showing how to do this.  I've been messing with this problem since I installed cs5.5....have been letting AI fix the problem each time but was never confident it was right. 

Paul Anderson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot it was driving me crazy!! CS5 and CS5.5 seems to have many bugs..Bc of this i have contacted Adobe Support on the phone, they made me erase a few, believe or not, systems folders, and reboot... can you imagine what happened next right...i ended up reinstalling the entire system. And i decided not to call the help support ever again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it and it worked! Very easy fix, for a change! Many Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried running Illustrator CS5 "As Administrator" and still get this same message.  This solution didn't work for me.  I have even uninstalled Illustrator and re-installed Illustrator.  Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you right click on the illustrator launcher and went to properties, compatibility tab and un-check the run as administrator option? that's what i did and it worked for me.ilust.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the "Run this program as an administrator" is not currently checked.  Honestly, it does not matter whether it is checked or not.  I get this crazy message no matter what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i know what you mean, it drove me nuts for months, but after doing that it was gone for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a registy cleaner, ot maybe a fresh OS install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue occured for me when I installed Adobe CS6 suite on 1 computer under my Administrator profile, and then a non-Administrator on the user attempted to open Illustrator when they logged into their profile.

To resolve, while shadowing the non-administrator user, I had to:

1. runas the command prompt as my administrator (domain admin) account

2. navigate to the folder containing illustrator.exe in the cmd prompt (you can find it by tracing the shortcut)

3. Run the illustrator.exe from there

4. Error went away after that when opening as the non-admin user.

It's always a headache for IT to install applications for all users, or another user, on their computer without giving them Administrative privileges, because there are always quirks like this one that Adobe and other software developers do not take into account or are too lazy to workaround any of Microsoft's shortcomings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks A Lot This Solved My Problem. This Irritating Message Was Getting On Face Everytime I Launched The Program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People shouldn't use optimization programs including reg cleaner in the first place... they're placebo and dangerous too. People using heavy programs like adobe product(which means they have a system good enough to run them) cannot really benefit from them at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Illustrator CS6 in a 2008 R2 terminal server environment. I ran across this issue and wasn't able to resolve it through any kb article help. I did resolve the issue by adding a normal testuser as a local administrator, ran Illustrator as that user, then took the administrator access away. That resolved the registry prompt for the testuser and all other users who logged in afterward. I hopt this is helpful information for someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem developed with my upgrade from CS6 to CC.  I'm using a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7.  As I upgraded the half dozen or so cs6 to cc products I typically installed the new version, played with it some and then uninstalled the CS6 version.  I believe this caused my problem with Illustrator CC. 

I did the research and saw the recommendations to repair the registry  but just decided to keep it simple and uninstall CC and reinstall as a first step. Oddly, when I listed all of my apps in the windows uninstall dialogue Illustrator CC was listed but not CS6.  Once I begain the uninstall the Adobe dialogue listed both Illustrator CC and CS6.  I okayed the uninstall of both and reinstalled CC.  That fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monika, I bookmarked the links and if it happens again I'll run the cleaner as suggested.  I didn't know there was such a thing. Awsesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Adobe Illustrator has detected some registry association issues, which need to be rectified for Illustrator to work properly.  To fix this, right click Illustrator.exe and select "Run as Administator" to have the required privileges.  Illustrator will then attempt to correct this problem

If this is happening on non admin accounts the below solution can fix the issue.

Resolution: Make  the user an administrator and open the Illustrator  then removed the administrator rights and if you launch the application again, it will use the registry created in admin mode and this will corrected the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It happens because of the Adobe’s update software that did a number of settings. Then 

1. Firstly close all the CS5 applications
  2. Then right click on the shortcut to Adobe Illustrator Cs5.
  3. Then it to run as Administrator.
  4. This will give the permissions for Adobe to fix the registry items that got corrupt at the first place.

Reimage Repair Tool helps you to remove the invalid references made in the Windows Registry pointing to a DLL, program, font, uninstalled program, or other system information that exists on your system and lets you to improve the performance of your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines