• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighting Effects Missing in PS CS6

New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the trial version of Photoshop CS6 Extended on Windows.  The lighting effects filter appears to be missing.  When I go to the filter-->render menu, it is not there.  I have gone into the edit-->preferences-->perfomance menu and selected Use Graphics Processor, however the lighting effects filter is still not present.  Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get the filter?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lighting Effects filter is not available when you run the 64-bit version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats strange its there in my 64bit trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lighting Effects is now available for 64-bit OSX with Ps CS6. In CS5, we could only offer the legacy Lighting Effect plug-in for OSX when the Ps mode was 32-bit.

This post is asking specifically about Win and CS6; the updated Lighting Effects is available for 64-bit Ps when using Win7 (and unofficially Windows Vista) as long as your system can support enabling OpenGL support. When the OpenGL support is disable the menu item is still present but disabled. On Windows XP systems the menu item is not present by design.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are using Windows XP, then it is expected for that menu item to be missing. We do provide the ability to download an optional LIghting Effects plug-in that will work for both 32-bit anf 64-bit Ps CS6. However, it is the legacy interface and not the new interface which relies on OpenGL support.

You can find it here: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-cs61.html

After downloading the Win_Optional_Plugins, copy the Lighting Styles folder and LightingEffects.8BF plug-in to the \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins folder (copy from the 32-bit category to the 32-bit application directory, 64-bit to 64-bit where applicable).

Then on launch, you should see a menu item Filter> Render> Lighting Effects Classic...

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks very much! I was going mad searching for those missing filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines