• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All I need is a link. A simple link.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez, Adobe's website and its support function is WORSE than Microsoft!

I have a valid licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat X Standard purchased last year with a new Dell machine. I had to reformat the machine, and so need to redownload THIS software. I have no need to upgrade. I have a valid serial number.This is mission critical for my business.

I have been looking for 30 minutes now. Support won't help me unless I *PAY* them.

Can someone PLEASE point me to a download?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

yes gener7, it's a confusing situation especially because adobe products typically work that way: you download the pro/extended trial and, depending on your serial number, that trial can be activated to the full pro/extended product or the standard product.

but, older acrobat standard versions can't be activated even using a valid standard serial number with the acrobat pro trial.  you need a separate installer for acrobat standard and those are available neither via adobe.com (directly) nor, via

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-acrobat-x-10-pro-reader-suite-direct-download-links-ddl.html

Follow their instructions carefully to set cookies.

Open a new tab, go here http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=acrobat_pro&loc=us&PID=2159997

Sign in with your Adobe ID, click on the download button, and close the download assistant that pops up.

Go back to the previous page,click on the Acrobat X link and it will download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, you have to go to Dell, but that service isn't working right now. At least I can deal with Dell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand. I tested the instructions and I just downloaded Acrobat X from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can still download some older versions of acrobat pro via adobe (eg, prodesigntools.com) but, you cannot download acrobat standard.

you must access standard via the reseller that originally sold standard to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I get it now. I had thought the Pro/Standard link was for a universal installer that unlocked the proper edition with a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes gener7, it's a confusing situation especially because adobe products typically work that way: you download the pro/extended trial and, depending on your serial number, that trial can be activated to the full pro/extended product or the standard product.

but, older acrobat standard versions can't be activated even using a valid standard serial number with the acrobat pro trial.  you need a separate installer for acrobat standard and those are available neither via adobe.com (directly) nor, via prodesigntools.com (indirectly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clearing that up,kglad. CC apps are now available for direct download via prodesigntools.

This has really helped me since the AAM installer update has made some irreversible change to my Macbook that cause Photoshop cloud apps to not open with Error 16. To make a sad story short, I was not able to fix it and a reimage of my disk from a full day old Time Machine backup restored my OSX 10.8.4 to where my PS CS6 cloud app works.

Then by going the direct download route, the Bridge CC and Photoshop CC dmg files are permantly with me. These installers come complete with all the language packs. And now my apps are installed and they work.

Great resource and they appear to have Adobe's permission.

Gene

P.S.  I have no idea why Adobe does not make older install files available to customers. DVDroms get lost or damaged and even backups fail. I realize forum members are not necessarily Adobe employees,but it is good customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear all's working.

and yes, prodesigntools.com links are actually connecting to adobe.com so they (prodesigntools) are working with adobe's blessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines