Direct Download Links for Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Reader, and Suite
[UPDATE (October 2012) – These still work to download the Acrobat X trials. We also now have the new Acrobat XI Direct Download Links!]
Adobe Acrobat X has just been released! And continuing in our tradition of providing the direct download links for major Adobe software such as CC, CS6, Lightroom 5, and Elements 12, below you’ll find the direct links for the brand new Acrobat X (10)… We also have added the direct links for the previous version Acrobat 9 as well, in case you need them for any reason.
The links given below go to the authentic and secure files residing on Adobe’s servers, are guaranteed genuine and will not change. They are especially useful when you are unable to download Adobe’s products via other means – often due to difficulties with the Akamai Download Manager (the Adobe DLM). Here it’s open and you can just use your browser, or another download manager of your choice.
The links are listed below. For Windows, the Acrobat X Pro download is in the form of a single .exe file, and for Mac OS it’s a single .dmg file. There is no actual trial version of Acrobat X Standard available for any platform, but Pro includes all Standard features – so you can try out Pro for free and then decide which version you want at the time of purchase. Languages offered here are English, French/Français and German/Deutsch.
The new Acrobat X Suite (Acrobat X Pro, Photoshop CS5, Captivate 5, Presenter 7, LiveCycle Designer ES2, and Media Encoder CS5) is also currently available for Windows only. The trial consists of two downloaded files: an .exe and a 7-Zip file (.7z). The .exe file will only work (and install) once the .7z file is fully downloaded and resides in the same folder.
Of course, the free Adobe Reader X for PDF is downloadable for both platforms – Windows (many flavors) and Mac OS (Intel). It’s a single .exe file for Windows and a .dmg file for Mac.
Related: Which option is right for you? Compare Adobe CS6 vs. Creative Cloud
Enter your email for our free exclusive Adobe Special Offers Newsletter (with important news, tips, deals and coupon codes, never spam, and unsubscribe at any time)…
Note: Very Important Instructions
|More Direct Download Links|
Except for the Reader, you must have a free Adobe account and be logged in to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that lets you to access the software. Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “resume download” message preventing the connection. So for Pro/Standard and Suite, please follow these instructions carefully.
- Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any browsing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
- Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links in the table below – this is critical!
- If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself.
- Now close any windows that popped up and cancel any downloads that started.
- Now that you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, you can instantly download any of the links below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
- Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the same place.
- Then follow the product installation instructions here.
Adobe Acrobat X Pro – Direct Download Links
» Windows – Free Acrobat X Pro trial in English, French & German (465 MB)
» Mac OS – Free Acrobat X Pro trial in English, French & German (474 MB)
Adobe Acrobat X Standard – Direct Download Link
» Windows – Acrobat X Standard in English, French & German (320 MB)
(Note: Not a free trial; requires valid serial number)
Adobe Acrobat X Suite – Direct Download Links
Free Adobe Reader X (Reader 10.1) – Direct Download Links
- See what’s new in Adobe Acrobat X vs. previous versions with a feature comparison.
- For the easiest installation experience, exit any open programs, including virus protection software, prior to installing the product.
- Install with an account that has administrative privileges (not a Limited User Account if you are using Windows Vista).
- If you encounter any difficulties, try Adobe Assistance.
We suggest using a browser other than Internet Explorer to download the files above. They can be quite large and sometimes IE has difficulty with the download, occasionally dropping the file extension (like “.exe”). If this happens, then you’d just need to rename the file to add it back, or can drop the file extensions. Using Firefox or Chrome will work best.
*** Note: If you have any problems getting the files to download or install, be sure to read the earlier comments on this page – as most questions have already been asked and answered below!
Adobe Acrobat 9 Direct Download Links
See below if you need access to the prior version of Acrobat Pro or Reader.
Acrobat 9 Pro for Windows
English, French, German
Acrobat 9 Standard for Windows
English, French, German
Reader 9.5 for Windows
Reader 9.4 for Mac Intel
Reader 9.4 for Mac PowerPC (PPC)