Having initially launched over a decade ago, by now you know of Adobe’s fast-growing Creative Cloud, you’ve dispelled the common myths about it, and perhaps are considering subscribing to CC to join 30 million of your peers who already have…
You may also know that since Adobe stopped development of the older “CS” releases back in 2012, there have been many thousands of new features, product advancements, and performance improvements added to CC since Creative Suite ended, as well as integral new online services and resources.
But did you know that no matter what you do, you can sign up right now for a zero-cost class of membership that never expires and provides free benefits for life? Anyone can have this free level currently in 94 countries worldwide, even if you still use the older tools instead, or even if you use no other Adobe products or services at all – there’s still great value here:
Here is what you get completely free (on Windows or macOS), permanently:
- Two gigabytes (2 GB) of cloud space for storing, syncing, and sharing your files online (same as Dropbox). The content of your Adobe project & document files (like PSD, AI, INDD, or PDF) can be intelligently viewed in any browser, in application-specific ways… Viewers (incl. clients and non-Cloud members) can easily turn layers on and off, display relevant metadata, make comments, optionally download the files, and more – all without needing any other tools.
- The free version of the popular new Adobe Express (formerly Adobe Spark), an integrated web and mobile solution that allows you to easily produce and share impactful visual content. You can create social media posts, creative graphics, web pages, and animated videos in no time.
- You get the new Premiere Rush Starter Plan: Available for free, the Starter Plan gives customers access to all Premiere Rush features, use of both desktop and mobile apps, and the ability to create and export an unlimited number of video projects.
- Free download and use of the desktop version of Adobe XD for Windows or Mac. XD stands for “Experience Design,” and is Adobe’s all-in-one UX/UI solution to quickly design websites, mobile apps, and more. With the Starter Plan, you get Adobe XD for free – a permanently-working version without a subscription for personal use. All design and prototyping features are included at no cost, with usage limits on premium sharing and collaboration features.
- More free apps: You get access to the full version of Adobe Aero to build, view, and share immersive augmented reality (AR) projects, as well as a free Starter Plan for Adobe Fresco, which combines a variety of vector and raster brushes plus exclusive new live brushes to deliver a completely natural painting and drawing experience.
- A lifetime license for Adobe Bridge, their flagship desktop media browser and powerful digital asset manager that allows you to efficiently locate, organize, manage, preview, and batch process your content files – including most image, vector, audio and video files. Easily view and manage Photoshop PSD, Camera RAW, Illustrator AI, InDesign INDD, Adobe XD, Acrobat PDF, Flash SWF, and many other types of files and documents, all without paid programs. (Yes, it’s actually free!)
- You can even take advantage of Adobe’s incredible new Generative AI capabilities… All users on the free Creative Cloud plan receive monthly Generative Credits to create your own stunning images or vector graphics, powered by Adobe Firefly. After 25 Generative Credits are used, you have the option to upgrade to a paid plan to continue creating assets for $4.99 a month, or wait until the credits reset the next month.
- Full integrated use of Adobe’s family of mobile apps (over a dozen strong), enabling you to sketch, draw, paint, create layouts, edit photos and make videos on your tablet or smartphone. Your assets and apps will be connected across your desktop computers and mobile devices, so you can do great work anywhere.
- Ongoing monthly access to Adobe Acrobat Online Services. Use these handy web tools to convert Microsoft Office files to PDF or vice versa, manage PDF files and pages, fill and sign forms and agreements, and share and store your documents.
- No charge get started with professional Adobe Fonts: choose unlimited online fonts from nearly 1,000 available to use on your websites. You can also sync 1,500+ great fonts to use in your favorite desktop programs – including CC trial apps, older versions of the Creative Suite, non-Adobe applications, or even on iOS and iPadOS.
- Full access to over 3,000 free design assets via Creative Cloud Public Libraries. From colors to graphics and character styles to brushes, you can download, incorporate and use anything in this vast design toolkit in all of your work, across your favorite Adobe apps, or entirely separately. You can also collaborate with others online using Libraries as well.
- Valuable access to a brand new curated collection of over 1,000,000 completely free Adobe Stock photos, vectors, illustrations, templates, 3D models, and videos from talented creators – plus the opportunity to receive 10 additional paid assets of your choice at no cost.
- Integration of Behance’s community and portfolio capabilities, allowing you to seamlessly create content, seek feedback, showcase and distribute your work. Behance now has over 30 million members receiving 70+ million project views per month, and is a terrific way to get exposure from like-minded creatives. There’s even a job list for creatives and freelancers, with hundreds of employment opportunities.
- Plus… access to the free trials of all the new Creative Cloud 2023 tools and services. Even if you previously ran an Adobe trial in prior years, you still receive a fresh new 7-day tryout period with the latest CC release. And every time Adobe does a major upgrade to the software going forward (expected to be annually), you’ll get another new free trial.
No credit card is required to get the free Creative Cloud membership, except for the optional free tryout the full desktop tools (the last item). Or, you can get a free 14-day trial of Creative Cloud for Teams with no form of payment needed at all.
How to receive all this? Well, if you already have an Adobe ID, then all it takes is confirming the free signup to get started. And if you don’t yet have an Adobe ID, then it’s just six fields to fill out, and you’ll be on your way:
Creative Cloud: Compare Free vs. Paid Memberships
If you later decide to join the Creative Cloud as a full paying subscriber (All Apps), then you’ll keep all of the benefits of the Free level of membership described above – plus add all of the following:
- Full access to the complete Creative Cloud 2023 toolset, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, InDesign, Acrobat DC Pro, Dreamweaver, Animate, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Character Animator, Dimension, and much more.
- Use of the latest creative technology from Adobe with ongoing upgrades included as soon as they become available – you can always run the most recent product version.
- 22,000+ Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit Portfolio) that you can search, browse, and use everywhere you need them. With Adobe Fonts, you don’t have to worry about installation, licensing, or limits. All personal and commercial use is covered.
- Adobe Fresco with Premium Features, a unique iPad app that brings together the world’s largest brush collection with revolutionary new technology to deliver a natural “live” painting and drawing experience… See what you can do in Fresco.
- Also included for all paid CC subscribers is Adobe Portfolio, which gives you a quick and intuitive way to create a beautiful portfolio website to show off your work, without having to write a single line of code.
- Access to 100 GB of online storage and other services from Adobe, such as free Creative Cloud Training produced by industry-leading partners.
- Full access to new and additional products that were never available through traditional perpetual licenses, including Character Animator, Experience Design (XD), Dimension, and Premiere Rush, as well as new iPad versions of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- The premium version of Adobe Express, which enables you to create and share branded stories using your own logo, fonts, colors, templates, themes, and more. This product alone is a US$9.99/month value.
- You can install all of the desktop programs on up to two of your computers, and easily move the software between different systems as needed.
- Flexible and budget-friendly payments through monthly or yearly subscription options.
And if you ever stop or cancel your paid subscription, you will still retain all benefits of the Free membership for life.
Special: Legally download dozens of free Adobe books for a limited time!
What is Adobe Creative Cloud? (In Under Five Minutes:)
Do you have any further questions on what Creative Cloud is about, or how the free membership compares versus the paid/complete membership? Check out our extensive Creative Cloud FAQ, or just ask them below and we’ll get you answers fast!
- The 10 most common myths about Creative Cloud
- What are the differences between Adobe CC vs. CS6?
- Download free Adobe books (choose over 30 titles)
- How to save 60% with the Adobe education editions
- Free Adobe Stock! Download 1,000,000+ top images
- Don’t need full Cloud? Get PS + LR for $9.99/month
Keep up with the latest on Adobe software — follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or subscribe to our RSS feed… You can also enter your email and have new articles sent directly to your Inbox. We are reader-supported; when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.