Download 500,000+ High-Quality Assets from the New Adobe Stock Free Collection

How to Join Adobe's Creative Cloud for Free

What’s Included with Your Free Creative Cloud Membership

123 thoughts on “How to Join Adobe's Creative Cloud for Free”

1. I have the Creative Cloud Photography Plan for 9.99 per month. Does that include free fonts with typekit? I am particularly interested in bicham script pro, but when I try to download, it tells me I have to buy it. Can you please tell me what my membership includes? Thank you

2. Hey, great post! I hope it’s all right that I shared it on my Facebook.
    If not, no problem – just tell me and I’ll delete it.
    Regardless, keep up the good work.

3. I’m using OSX (10.9.5) along with CS4. Have been holding off on upgrades because of conflicts/compatibility with software. I was hoping to move to CS6, but feel now it may not even be available. I require Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat Pro and others. Will be starting video editing. I’m ready to make a change, got to keep up, and am wondering whether to upgrade the OS first, then sign up for CC, or get the cloud first and see if it will work with Mavericks. I cannot afford any hiccups in my schedule right now.

With these app requirements, what will the charge be for CC?

4. é possível utilizar o adobe portfólio sem custo algum e sem a necessidade de comprar o domínio ou pagar mensalidades? utilizando como “username.myportfolio.com”?

5. Hello, I am curious about the following: When I was in school, we migrated from CS6 to CC. Once I graduated, my CC membership expired, and I had no access to my CC files anymore. The CC files that I tried to open after my CC membership expired seemed not to be backwards-compatible, and so I could no longer could open up those files, even in CS6. What a headache!!! Now, years later, I need to get back to using CC. How do I ensure that, if I stop paying for an Adobe CC membership, I don’t lose access to hours worth of hard work, and that I will still be able to open up my files? And if, say, all of those files were to be saved to the cloud, would I even have access to them anymore? Thank you in advance.

6. I have been using Illustrator since version 88. I am now in my late 50s and will retire someday soon. If I go to CC, I’ll have to pay $50 a month just to dink around. That’s too much. There needs to be a senior plan for people over a certain age.

7. As of June 2019 the Creative Cloud app is not accessible – even for a seven-day trial – without submitting credit card details. My free subscription has since been terminated and, like anon above, find the £50 monthly (in the UK) far too much to pay (£600 a year subscription, you must be joking Adobe!).

8. I had a glorious graphic design career in my old life, but now as a stay-at-home mama of four, I don’t have the financial allowance to pay for a subscription service. I am running on CS5 (ancient, I know!) and love using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to create things for my family and my kids. I love these programs and wish I could upgrade, but the cost and requirement to permanently continue in a subscription service will never be within reach for me. In the past, I could ask for birthday and Christmas money to pay for an upgraded software version and be able to make that purchase. But with the new CC annual subscription, I’m not guaranteed to be able to continue and am afraid to lose everything the next year when the time is up. I understand the benefits of the subscription for businesses and those needing the full range of products and constant updates, but what about those of us who just love to play for personal creative needs? I could scrimp and save to purchase a new software, but would need it to last 5-10 years before I would or should be able to upgrade again. What is available for those of us not working in a full-time design world?

• How to open your files at some point in the future if you no longer have a CC subscription? Well, as noted in the article above (in #1 and #5), Adobe Bridge and the Cloud storage itself – both of which are permanently free for life – can open, preview, display, and manipulate files for your Adobe projects (such as .PSD, .AI, .INDD, etc), if your subscription has ended.

There also exist third-party tools & utilities (including open source) like XnView (free), which will read and write Photoshop .PSD files, and also opens Adobe Illustrator .AI files. ID Util (also free) will read and display any InDesign or InCopy file. Like Photoshop’s published .PSD format, Adobe PDF is another publicly-documented specification, and various programs can read and write those files. So those could be an alternative for you either with without a subscription.

Adobe will also be resetting a new round of free CC trials at least once every year that will work fully and open your files for 7 days. So if your paid membership has expired, then short-term opening or editing your files down the road could be as simple as just grabbing the latest free trial and firing it up.

And then there’s always a Creative Cloud month-to-month membership available if you want to do more intensive work, for as long or as short as that is. You would pay only for the months you needed to.

Bottom line, there should never a case where you are denied access to open your work or files – it’s just that it may not necessarily be 100% free guaranteed, depending on what you want to do with them. But obviously the maintenance of all professional software in working order (to be supported and be able to run on modern operating systems, for example) has costs and tradeoffs, even for standalone perpetual tools.

I have downloaded Illustrator for Mojave. It is requesting a subscription after the trial period. pls help me to sort out this matter. I cannot access the software.