Adobe Makes $10 Photoshop + Lightroom Photog. Plan Permanent
Previously available only as a special promotion (on Black Friday), and originally only offered to existing customers who were upgrading from older versions of Photoshop, Adobe has now made permanent a low-cost Photoshop/photography product bundle that anyone worldwide can take advantage of, with no prior purchase or software ownership necessary…
The new Creative Cloud Photography Plan comes with the latest and greatest full desktop releases of both Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC, plus other integrated tools and services. It includes all of the following components for only US$9.99/month with an annual membership (Adobe’s best deal ever on PS):
- New Photoshop CC 2020 complete with Bridge CC and Adobe Camera Raw (ACR)
- The just-released Photoshop on iPad – the real deal, with the same underlying code
- Both Lightroom CC (cloud-based photo service) and Lightroom Classic CC (for desktop)
- The Lightroom Mobile app for iPad, iPhone, and Android, with connected workflows
- 20 GB of Cloud storageincluding online photo storage in Lightroom Web
- Seamless integration with the new Photoshop Mix and Photoshop Fix mobile apps
- Now included: The full Adobe Fonts (aka Typekit), a complete font library for desktop & web
- Just added: The Adobe Spark content creator with new Premium features
- Full access and use of the new Adobe Portfolio website builder
- Continuing upgrades and updates for all included applications and services
- Access to hundreds of exclusive online video tutorials in Creative Cloud Learn
- Download and use of prior Photoshop releases (CC 2019, 2018, 2017, …)
- Install all desktop applications on up to two of your computers
- Easily move the products between different systems you own
- No previous purchase necessary, and no prior software required
- Get going! Download the free 314-page guide to Photography, Photoshop & Lightroom
Adobe has been clear that this is the regular ongoing price for anyone who signs up for this plan. So if you join now, then if/when you renew in a year’s time, the price will still be $9.99 per month. They do not have plans to change this price.
In other words, this is not an introductory rate; it is the standard price for subscribers. If you prefer, you also now have the ability to prepay the plan a year in advance, instead of monthly. For the annual prepaid option, it’s US$119.88 per year.
Internationally, the monthly cost is £8.32 GBP, €9.99 EUR, A$12.86 AUD, and ¥980 JPY, and the annual pay-upfront rate is £99.34 GBP, €119.88 EUR, A$154.32 AUD, and ¥11,760 JPY (all prices are exclusive of VAT/local taxes). Wherever you are, you can:
What’s this package worth? Well by comparison, the list price of Photoshop Extended just by itself (quoting CS6 from 2012) is $999 – although many new features have been added since then. And then Adobe Lightroom 6 (standalone full) sells for $149. But with the CC plan you also get the Portfolio website, online storage, mobile/web apps, and product training. Add it all up, and to buy a software bundle like this upfront would cost over US$1,250 for static versions that never improve. That would be a decade of paying just $10 a month instead with this special plan, where here you’ll also receive ongoing support and upgrades to new desktop releases with the latest features!
Special: Legally download dozens of free Adobe books for a limited time!
So if you’d like to have those industry-leading professional imaging tools plus other benefits at a low monthly cost, this is a terrific option.
For students and teachers there’s another way to save – Adobe is offering complete Creative Cloud memberships with all their creative tools and services for up to 70% off to education customers ($19.99 a month in the US), also with no prior software ownership required.
[UPDATE – With Apple now stopping development of Aperture, and Adobe doubling investment in Lightroom, there is only one major player left in this space…]
Want to get started today, for free? You can download the CC 2019 trials which will install and run fully-functional for 7 days (or possibly longer). Those free trials will convert to full versions if you decide to sign up. If you don’t wish to continue once the trial is up, simply uninstall the programs.
See Adobe’s official press release about the new plan.
Wondering about file compatibility with older versions of Photoshop? Check out:
GET FREE ADOBE BOOKS
Sign up for our popular newsletter and we’ll send you 30 great ebooks to learn all major Adobe tools at no cost!