Yes, You Can Still Get Adobe’s $9.99/mo. Photography Plan (20 GB)
This morning, there was a widely-shared post on a photography blog with a headline stating that Adobe’s $9.99/month Photography Plan (including Photoshop, Lightroom, and 20 GB of storage) was gone.
This has led a lot of folks to worry that it might no longer possible to buy or renew this popular bundle at a price lower than $19.99/month. Or, that they’d have to scramble to find a third-party reseller who might still be offering the lower price.
Q: I see that the Creative Cloud Photography Plan (20GB, $9.99) is not available on Adobe.com. What is happening?
“From time to time, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items, including plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. We are currently running a number of tests in the US.”
Q: Is this plan still available for purchase?
“Yes, the plan is still available for purchase from Adobe during this test.”
Q: Does this mean that (Product name: Lightroom Classic / Photoshop / Lightroom CC) is no longer available?
“This test has no impact on the availability of any desktop application. The Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC, and Photoshop desktop apps all continue to be available.”
You can read more of the Q&A here.
So although it might be a bit confusing, the bottom line takeaway is that the longstanding $9.99/month Photography Plan (with the 20 GB storage tier) is actually still available for purchase or renewal, directly from the company:
With the US$9.99/£8.32/€9.99/A$12.86 per month CC Photography Plan, you get the latest versions of Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, and Photoshop. Here’s a list of everything included:
- New Photoshop CC 2019 complete with Bridge CC and Adobe Camera Raw (ACR)
- Both Lightroom CC (cloud-based photo service) and Lightroom Classic CC (for desktop)
- The Lightroom Mobile app for iPad, iPhone, and Android, with connected workflows
- 20 GB of Cloud storage, plus unlimited online photo storage in Lightroom Web
- Seamless integration with the new Photoshop Mix and Photoshop Fix mobile apps
- Now included: The full Adobe Fonts (aka Typekit), a complete font library for desktop & web
- Just added: The Adobe Spark content creator with new Premium features
- Full access and use of the new Adobe Portfolio website builder
- Continuing upgrades and updates for all included applications and services
- Access to hundreds of exclusive online video tutorials in Creative Cloud Learn
- Download and use of prior Photoshop releases (CC 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, 2013, or CS6)
- Install all desktop applications on up to two of your computers
- Easily move the products between different systems you own
- No previous purchase necessary, and no prior software required
- Get going! Download the free 311-page guide to Photography, Photoshop & Lightroom
Interestingly, Adobe’s current testing activities aren’t necessarily a price hike, but rather a package bundling of the 1 TB storage upgrade (which normally costs $9.99 per terabyte) together with the longtime $9.99 Photography plan (20 GB with Photoshop and both Lightrooms)… Add the two together and you get to $20/month. But again, the $10/mo. option is still offered.
Trying to buy from a reseller may be another possible option, but often their software support & return/refund policies are less than what Adobe provides directly.
GET FREE ADOBE BOOKS
Sign up for our popular newsletter and we’ll send you 30 great ebooks to learn all major Adobe tools at no cost!