• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks asking for Serial Number

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have creative cloud account with my University but I can't access firework as it keep asking for serial number. please any advice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Hi,

I dont know if you got this resolved or not, but after many conversations with Adobe folk, I think some fix has been put into place. 
The solution (with the NEW fix in place) is almost identical to the one described previously, and it has worked for me. So at the risk of repeating what was said before, below are the instructions from Adobe.

• Sign out from CCD and Quit it
  • Relaunch CCD and Sign in
  • Launch Fireworks CS6
    • If you get the licensing windows, please click “License This Software”
    • Click Sign in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

One of these two solutions will work:

1) Launch the Creative Cloud app

2) From your  profile icon (top right) click sign out

3) Then, Select file => Exit Creative Cloud (top left) to exit the Creative Cloud app

4) Now launch Fireworks, you will be prompted to login with your Adobe sign in details, do so

5) If you see a 'license this software' button click it, that should do the job.

*If the above does not work try this:

1) Uninstall Fireworks from your machine

2) Rename the following folder:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Try this: make sure Fireworks is closed, then go to the Creative Cloud app - top right, click your profile icon and sign out of Creative Cloud, now launch Fireworks you may get either a 'license this software' button and when you click it you'll be prompted to sign in or you will just get a sign in prompt. After signing in does this cure the issue? If not post a screen shot of the Fireworks window asking for serial and  can you state if you're on Mac or PC please.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your feedback but unfortunately that didn't work. I am on PC and I have attached some screenshots.Fireworks 1.JPGFireworks 2.JPGFireworks 3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which order do they appear in? What happens when you click 'license this software' or the 'sign in' button? You are usig the correct sign in credentials I assume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paul, they appear 1,3 and 2.

Yes I am using correct credentials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think in the first instance I'd try a clean install, uninstall Fireworks and reboot your system, install Fireworks again *important* after install don't launch Fireworks, first sign out of Creative Cloud app again and then launch Fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Paul. Let me try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums are user to user and unfortunately Adobe won't help will issues relating to Fireworks. You could also look here point no.3 might be worth a try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I dont know if you got this resolved or not, but after many conversations with Adobe folk, I think some fix has been put into place. 
The solution (with the NEW fix in place) is almost identical to the one described previously, and it has worked for me. So at the risk of repeating what was said before, below are the instructions from Adobe.

• Sign out from CCD and Quit it
  • Relaunch CCD and Sign in
  • Launch Fireworks CS6
    • If you get the licensing windows, please click “License This Software”
    • Click Sign in to license the app
    • If this does not fix the issue, Try launching Fireworks after Muse launch
      • This is a one-time activity

NOTE: Please remember that even though you may have previously done almost all of these steps, this should now work as some change has happened now at the Adobe end.

Thanks ang Good Luck.
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Yes, thats exactly what I have done and it seems to resolve the issue (for now anyway)....

Thanks for coming back to let everyone know ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this fix still required the "run as administrator" fix previously stated (not on the fireworks.exe but on the other app?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just sign out of the creative cloud app then exit it. Launch Fireworks click the 'license this software' button signin with Adobe login and you should be good to go.

If it doesn't work make sure you ave the version fo the creative cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening Muse, which I had to install, and then opening Fireworks CS6 finally worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that actually worked for me too. Wonder why Adobe can't fix that. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, too.  After finding Muse and installing it.  I simply closed it and then opened Fireworks and it opened without prompting me for a license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. It said when opening Muse for the first time to Sign In, then it said it was registering my email address to Adobe Cloud. After that, Fireworks started opening as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!

In step 3, open Firework as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Muse and where do I get the download?  I  need to open and use Adobe Fireworks!

Thanks,

Kelley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem for Mac.

Does someboy solved it?

I have tried all avobe but for me it is not working. I would be grateful for any advice 😄

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and as far as i know Muse is discontinued so I don't know if that fix is still valid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things you can try:

1) Uninstall Fireworks, download an offline installer from here *important* you need to visit this page first and login with your Adobe credentials, before downloading. They are links to official Adobe installers and you need to set an Adobe cookie first before attempting download.

2) You could also try this: close Fireworks, launch the Creative Cloud app, click your profile icon (top right) and click sign out, then choose file => exit to close the Creative Cloud app. Now launch Fireworks again, you should be prompted to sign in with your Adobe credentials, after that if you see a button 'license this software' try clicking the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying the first one.
When I launch the installer I have 3 options:
1) install with a serial number - still ask for serial
2) install with subscription (i'm roughly translating from italian) - says no subrsciption found
3) install trial version
Should I go with option number 3 then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a full Creative Cloud subscription then you'd choose No.2 option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the Muse method this morning and it worked. I tried the other suggestions with no luck, such as uninstalling Fireworks and reinstall, tried terminating Adobe Creative Cloud program, then opening Fireworks and loging in via that first, still poppped up with serial key required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify. You are a Mac user or Windows?

Has someone solved the problem in a Mac?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines