All Deals Extended for Cyber Monday: Save 40%-74% on Creative Cloud. Last Chance - Offers End Dec. 3!

Update on New Creative Cloud 2020 Direct Download Links

Update on New Adobe CC 2020 Direct Download Links

158 thoughts on “Update on New Creative Cloud 2020 Direct Download Links”

And the follow-up just now:

I can confirm that the links worked perfectly. My apps are all installed and working. The person on the Adobe chat was kind, professional and efficient (seems not to have been the case for all customers but I’m really satisfied and I got what I asked for immediately, and it’s good to say it too when things work well!). The updates via Creative Cloud desktop are still a mess, but at least I can use my apps so there is no big hurry for the rest.

I hope not to get back here too soon but thanks to those who helped!

Ugo

• That’s simply not true. People are definitely getting offline installers for the new 2020 releases from Adobe Customer Care… We requested a couple more 2020 apps from them earlier this week and had no problem at all:

How to Get New Adobe Creative Cloud 2020 Direct Download Links

Sorry you received incorrect information. We suggest trying again, and ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary. If you don’t get a positive answer within the first few minutes, then just disconnect and start again with a new rep. Don’t accept no as a final answer.

2. So is anyone willing to share the links they got so far? Don’t feel like chatting to a person just to get a link every time. Thanks

• Hey Pete, good question but all of the 2020 direct download links that Adobe is issuing are specially coded to be time-limited and expire within 24 hours.

As for sharing the actual installer files themselves – they cannot be re-uploaded or redistributed in any way, per Adobe’s terms of service.

So sorry, that wouldn’t work or we would already have done it here.

3. hi,
    i can’t update any program with the adobe creative cloud desktop app; it gets stuck on 19% downloaded – is there is a solution for that ?

4. Hello again.

I’m trying to be as polite here as I can. So I will refrain from saying what I would really like to say. Anyone else tired of having to jump through hoops to try and get the most recent, current update of Adobe programs? I’m feeling like Oliver Twist asking for a bit more to eat every time I have to ask a customer service rep for new updated links.

When I was a child I had to ask my parents for things I needed. But dang, I’m 69 years old now and asking permission to get the items I already pay for is like going to the grocery store, being asked to pay up front, and then having to ask permission to actually take the food off the shelf so I can take it home and eat it.

Can ANYONE explain to me WHY Adobe STILL will not allow access to 2020 apps WITHOUT having to either use the Creative Cloud App OR ask a customer service rep for the links? (If I didn’t really love some of the independently-developed plugins I have purchased over the years, ones that ONLY work in Photoshop, I would walk away from Adobe for good.)

P.S. – I am willing to find out if I am missing something here. Has Adobe changed and are the links now available, WITHOUT having to go through a customer service rep? And are people getting the most current updated version when they still use the “Please may I have some more” links that they have to go through the customer service reps for?

5. Hello. This is not true. I spoke to two agents “Abhishek” and “Rahul.” And both of them did not seem to be able to get the links for me.

• Are you a free trial user or a paying CC customer?

We’re hearing of a variation in experience depending on the answer to that question… (see the reader comments above)

6. Guys, you may be able to download and install now! I’ve been having difficulty getting InDesign for about 6 months — it wasn’t a huge deal because my Adobe account is provided by my job and I hardly use InDesign at home — and yesterday I was finally able to update the Creative Cloud app and download InDesign!

7. @Me

Same for me. I was one who has had a LOT of headaches downloading updates in the past. Adobe has finally taken care of whatever was timing out the downloads for me. In appreciation I even upgraded to the full Cloud. I’ve wanted to for a long time, but since downloading was such a frustrating task, I’ve put it off for years. As of today, everything, including multiple updates at one time, has downloaded without mishap. (We have horrible online speeds here in the rural community I live in.)

I play around a lot with DAWs and digital synthesizers, so I have learned to live with a company requiring the use of a special app to control and monitor their programs. My real complaint with Adobe was when the CC desktop app was not working for me. As long as it is working, I’ve no need for offline installers. That said, I also understand how some folks really do prefer standalone installers. Sadly, however, Piracy is still pretty prevalent online. I am sure this plays a lot into Adobe wanting every install to be through the CC App.

They may be cutting down offering standalone offline installers for trial versions via request, but it is my understanding it is still possible to get them if you are already a subscriber and having problems with the app. (I am also aware, both as a staff member and a part of administration, when I was still working, not everyone reads and fully understands all the memos they might be getting. Then add in that they may be newer hires who have a ton of older memos to get through.)

Throughout my own trials with the app, I remain very thankful to the folks here at ProDesign for all the time and attention they have put into this whole issue for users. They helped me keep what’s left of my sanity (wasn’t much there to work with) during the time it took Adobe to revise the CC App to where it finally worked for me, as well as others. (And they have some GREAT free books available to anyone, even if you don’t use the CC App.) :)

• Wow, that’s all terrific news – thanks so much, Louis!

So glad we could help out, and that your problems with downloading the CC apps are (finally) in the rear view mirror…

And you’re right – Adobe will definitely give out the 2020 standalone installers to any paid subscriber.

In addition to solving any download issues, the direct download links are also useful for downloading an offline backup of your software, burning to disc/DVD, copying to thumb/flash USB drive, transferring and installing on a second computer (or more), maintaining consistency between machines, etc.

Thanks again for your great comment!

• PS – For free trial users (not currently paid subscribers) who want standalone installers, note that Adobe offers a 14-day money back guarantee on Creative Cloud subscriptions…

Meaning that that anyone who purchases a new plan can get a full refund within the first two weeks after the initial payment is made, with no questions asked. In that way, Adobe would have to provide the new 2020 direct download links because you’d be a paying subscriber at that point.

In most cases, any plan cancellation can be made online without hassle. If you decide to continue your paid membership past the first 14 days, then the return period closes.

8. For me it says my trial has expired and won’t let me open it. It shows payment plans and then when I close that, Photoshop closes. Does anyone have a solution or tutorial.

9. Hi! I’ve been having issues installing adobe photoshop onto my mac. Every single time I try to install it, it pauses at some point during the process and continues to be frozen until I quit and try to reinstall. I dealt with the exact same issue when trying to install creative cloud, so an adobe employee sent me the link below which fixed the issue. Do you have a link like this that will enable me to install adobe photoshop? If not, how should I proceed?

Chloe

• Those are direct download links for the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

If you want or need the same for Photoshop 2020 et al, then as we outlined in the article above, you need to contact Adobe Customer Care and request them:

You could also try this:

1. Uninstall the problem app using standard OS procedures.
      2. Download & run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to clean it off your system.
      3. Reboot your computer (don’t skip this step).
      4. Start again from the top by reinstalling the Creative Cloud tools you want.