Complete Online Manuals and Help Guides for All Adobe Products
Even years after it went up, a lot of people still don’t know about it.
We’re talking about the free online documentation for all Adobe software – a set of manuals that can answer quite a few customer questions, and also be a great resource if you don’t own a product yet but want to find out more about it…
It exists in searchable and discussable form for all major Adobe applications, including the Creative Suite, Creative Cloud, Lightroom, Acrobat, Photoshop Elements, etc. – for all recent releases on both Windows and Mac OS.
For example, at least once a week we receive a question on how to save back to earlier versions from InDesign CS6… Fortunately, this is answered in the “Saving Documents” section in InDesign’s online manual.
Each reference is downloadable as a complete e-book if you so desire (more about this below)… the substantial “Adobe Photoshop Help & Tutorials ” guide is over 750 pages alone!
Also helpful is the ability to post comments and questions & answers on the individual documentation pages, in case something’s not entirely clear.
[ Trying to decide which is right for you? See: Creative Cloud vs. CS6 Comparison ]
So here below are the direct links to all the product guides to bookmark for future reference!
- Creative Suite – Look under “Help and tutorials” for CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4 and CS3:
- Creative Cloud – Includes all current CS applications listed above, plus:
- Adobe Acrobat:
- Photoshop Elements 11 and 10, 9, 8
- Premiere Elements 11 and 10, 9, 8
- Photoshop Lightroom 4, 3, and 2
- Captivate 6, 5.5, 5, and 4
- ColdFusion 10 and Builder 2
- Adobe Connect 9
- LiveCycle ES4, ES3, ES2, ES
- All other products
Books and manuals no longer come in the box – it’s all live and living online, updated regularly by the Adobe documentation team… There is installed help that comes with the products which can be accessed when not connected to the Internet, but it consists of only about 70% of the content available on the web and is not updated.
Important! If you’re going to be offline for a while or just prefer to read it all in an ebook format, there are complete PDF versions available for download for each application – just grab that and poof, you have a full up-to-date manual in the form of an electronic book, for free. This is great for sending to a Kindle, or for reading on an iPad where it can be opened and stored in iBooks.
To download any of these manuals in PDF form:
- For Creative Suite pages above – just click on either “CS6 Help PDF” or “Previous versions.”
- For all other tools above – look for the “Help PDF” in the upper right corner of the screen.
Extra! Get Free eBooks for Creative Suite 6 and Elements Products
As a special bonus to our visitors, we are offering free downloads of a dozen new visual learning guides, 12 separate e-books in PDF format that are available at no cost to you:
- Download the Free “Learn CS6″ eBooks – 10 Books in 1,022 Pages
- Download the Free Photoshop/Premiere Elements eBooks – 185 Pages