Download Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Free Trials: Direct Links

Download New Adobe Lightroom 6/CC Free Trial

[UPDATE (Oct. 2020) – These links still work to download the Lightroom 6/CC 2015 installers. You can also now get Adobe’s new CC 2021 Direct Download Links!]

Yes – the new release of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 is just out and now shipping! There was no beta version/period this time, so we go straight to the final product. And as in the past, this release will work side-by-side with any previous revisions of Lightroom you may have. If you’ve got an earlier version installed on your system(s), Lightroom 6 will ask if you’d like to upgrade your catalog and copy everything over.

This new version continues as a downloadable desktop product and is available either with a standalone perpetual license (called Lightroom 6) or via subscription (called Lightroom CC). It begins as the same program and free trial download below, but the name is changed to reflect the differences in licensing and bundling, as well as the addition of integrated mobile apps & services plus future feature updates (such as the new Dehaze filter or Boundary Warp function).

For more details on the key differences between the two editions, see this comparison guide before you buy.

Lightroom CC 2015 is included as a free upgrade (together with Photoshop CC) in the popular CC Photography Plan – as well as one the many applications that all subscribers get with the complete Adobe Creative Cloud.  By contrast, Lightroom 6 stands alone and is sold separately (you can purchase it here directly, either full or upgrade) – and doesn’t receive ongoing feature upgrades, nor any access to Lightroom Mobile or Lightroom web.

[ Not ready for the complete Creative Cloud?  Get Photoshop + Lightroom for $10/month ]

And continuing our longtime custom of furnishing the direct download links for major Adobe products such as Creative Cloud, CS6, Acrobat DC, Captivate 11, and Elements 2021, you’ll find the direct links for the all-new Lightroom 6/CC below.

The links given below go to the authentic and secure files residing on Adobe’s servers, are guaranteed genuine, safe, legal, and will not change. They are especially useful when you are unable to download these products via other means – perhaps due to issues with the Adobe’s Download Manager. Here the file access is open and you can just use your browser, or another DLM.

Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links

More Direct
Download Links
CC 2021
CC 2019
CS6
Acrobat DC 2020
Captivate 2019
Elements 2021

Here are the direct links to instantly download the Lightroom 6 free trials for both PC and Mac, without any download manager or assistant… The trial version is fully-functional for 30 days, and can be converted for ongoing use (without needing to reinstall) by entering a valid purchased serial number. You can also download the LR6 trials via a free Creative Cloud membership.

Available product languages are English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, and Chinese.

So without further ado, here are the Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC 2015 direct links:

[UPDATE (Oct. 2020) – These links still work to download the original Lightroom 6 installers. If you’re using Chrome and they don’t work, then try with another browser. If you’re looking for direct links to the newest 2021 versions, then see this post.]

Make sure your computer meets Lightroom’s latest minimum requirements… A 64-bit system is now required both on Windows (here’s how to tell) and on Mac. For Macs, you need OS X version 10.8 “Mountain Lion” or above (here’s how to upgrade free). For PCs, it’s Windows 7 or above.

Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Updates

If you’d also like the direct download links for the individual Lightroom 6 / CC 2015 product updates (i.e., all of the included changes since the initial version above), Adobe has issued these as patches to the base release. We have complete sets available here, including Lightroom 6.14 / CC 2015.14:

What’s New in Lightroom 6/CC, Including Top Features

This version is all about improved performance, but there are some terrific new features as well… Here’s a helpful video overview from Terry White – but for more details and a broader version comparison, see: What Are the Differences Between Lightroom 6/CC vs. Lightroom 5?

Free Stock! Download 75,000+ premium assets from the new Adobe Stock Free Collection

Next Steps

Do you have any questions about Lightroom 6 or the Adobe CC release?  Just ask them below and we’ll get you answers fast!

156 thoughts on “Download Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Free Trials: Direct Links”

I bought yesterday a upgrade for lightroom 5 to lightroom 6.
    But when installed it asked me for a serial number…
    but it doesn’t recognize anything serial; I put serial that I received from adobe for lightroom 6 but it doesn’t work. I put in all my old serials for Lightroom 3, 4 and 5. but always same error:
    “We are unable to validate this serial number for Lightroom. Please contact Customer Support.”

Can You help me?
    thanks
    f

I have confusion in downloading the exact version in between Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC. I am looking for offline activation after using as a trial. So please suggest to me which edition to download.

3. Keep on getting

Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access ".../AdobeProducts/LTRM/6/win64/Lightroom_6_LS11.exe" on this server.
    Reference #18.158250c5.1437157152.e95d3aa

when I click on

Lightroom 6 for Windows (744 MB) – Direct download link – All languages

4. I can’t Download Lightroom 6, this message comes through this link:

Access Denied
    You don’t have permission to access “…/AdobeProducts/LTRM/6/win64/Lightroom_6_LS11.exe” on this server.
    Reference #18.7544b68.1437527783.d2e5dea

• Hello Chandu, the Lightroom 6/CC direct links above all work perfectly fine but you’ve got to carefully follow the important download instructions first, before clicking on any of the links above. If you don’t, then the links won’t work and you’ll get a “denied” message instead.

If you’ve followed all those directions but are still having difficulties, then try a different web browser (like Chrome or Firefox), another computer, or a better Internet connection (use wired instead of Wi-Fi if possible).

Also, make sure you’re not blocking or filtering anything with your browser(s) – like cookies, downloads, or any sites or URLs – or running utilities like Ghostery, AdBlock, or Disconnect. Adobe recommends turning those things off temporarily.

Hope that helps!

5. How many devices/computers can i install a Lightroom stand alone license?
    E.g. a desktop computer and a Surface Windows 10 tablet?

6. Hi, I recently purchased the stand alone LR 6 as an upgrade from LR 5, and am now considering the $9.99/month subscription for PS/LR 6-CC. Is there any way that part of my purchase amount can be credited towards the subscription amount?

Thanks for your reply.
    Brenda

7. Suddenly both Lightroom and Photoshop CC (2015) crash on me non stop! I cannot get any work done. I have tried everything and it is still crashing. I will have to uninstall and reinstall everything I think. What exactly happened??? The program was working just fine a few days ago!!

• We have no idea Angela – are you getting any error messages? Have you made any changes to your computer recently, or software updates? What type of system do you have? Could you use Window’s Restore or Mac’s Time Machine function to roll back to an earlier time?

8. I did @ProDesign but I think I figured it out. My monitor resolution is too large and the video card–though it is 4 GB Radeon R9 200 does not play it now with the video card update. Once I lowered my resolution all turned fine. But what is the point of having a resolution of 3860x 6200 or whatever if the a 4 GB video card cannot run it? It did before only the update is not right. So I had to drop 1000+ from my resolution to get things working. Crazy.

Thanks for trying to help!

Angela

I have no such option as described. I do not have GPU acceleration under setting as the instructions show. I suppose you get that message if your video card is not fine for Lightroom. In my case they love each other apparently and I cannot see what the instructions says.

However, in reducing my resolution now to 2560 x 1440 from what it was before (3840 x 2160) I now can work with both Lightroom and Photoshop fine and finally it updated as well. I think it is a video card problem frankly since they put through an upgrade for my video card (AMD) that is not compatible with my video card…. but it updated to that regardless… stupid.. So AMD needs to come up with a fix (this is a beta software as they say but I had no options).

Thanks for your help!
    Angela

• Hmm, all right. But what version of Lightroom are you actually running? You seemed to say it was the latest CC 2015 – but if so, then you should definitely have that GPU Acceleration option. (Check under Help menu > System Info or About.)

10. I got LR6 free from purchasing Leica camera. I’m OK with all the serials and up to the installation. It installs to my PC until 99.9%, then a window opens that there is an error that says…

microsoft visual c++ runtime library
    RUNTIME ERROR
    PROGRAM : C:\USERS\

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way
    Please contact the application’s support team for more information

what does this mean and why?

Under Help -> System Info:
    Lightroom version: CC 2015.1.1 [ 1032027 ]
    License: Creative Cloud
    Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
    Version: 6.1 [7601]
    Application architecture: x64
    System architecture: x64
    Logical processor count: 8
    Processor speed: 3.7 GHz
    Built-in memory: 16302.1 MB
    Real memory available to Lightroom: 16302.1 MB
    Real memory used by Lightroom: 671.2 MB (4.1%)
    Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 645.3 MB
    Memory cache size: 405.5 MB
    Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4
    Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2
    System DPI setting: 96 DPI
    Desktop composition enabled: Yes
    Displays: 1) 2560×1440
    Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
    AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Check OpenGL support: Passed
    Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Version: 3.3.13399 Core Profile Context 15.201.1151.0
    Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    LanguageVersion: 4.40

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom
    Library Path: C:\Users\Angela\Pictures\Lightroom\Patty-paul-Jerry\Patty-paul-Jerry.lrcat
    Settings Folder: C:\Users\Angela\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Adapter #1: Vendor : 1002
    Device : 67b0
    Subsystem : b001002
    Revision : 0
    Video Memory : 4078
    AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024
    AudioDeviceName: Speakers / Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
    AudioDeviceSampleRate: 44100
    Build: Uninitialized
    Direct2DEnabled: false
    GPUDevice: not available
    OGLEnabled: true

I have Edit -> preferences -> Performance and there the graphic processor acceleration is disabled now that I changed resolution of the monitor. Prior to that I was not able to disable that. I think that the problem is with the driver of the video card. Since I reduced the resolution I am fine now so clearly to problem is the driver of the video card I can see that now. Lightroom and Photoshop 2015 CC both are working fine now. I think I just need to send a nasty email to AMD if I figure out how to get a hold of their support folks… Thanks for your help! :)

12. Hi, I’ve been running latest version of Lightroom 5. I bought a ‘photography’ CC subscription and installed it this morning. I later saw an email come through from Laura Shoe’s blog regarding the recent changes to the import dialogue. I really liked being able to fully see the destination path and some other aspects of the previous version. My subscription has now activated the download of the latest versions of Lightroom and Photoshop.

Can you tell me whether I can roll back my Lightroom CC sub to the version prior to the import dialogue changes which I believe is 6.1? If I can, how do I do it please?

Many thanks, Perry

P.S. I’m running a PC with Win 7

13. unable to install free sample of lightroom creative cloud error 1.
    was thinking of buying but maybe not now

14. Hi, I purchased the standalone Lightroom 6, but when I try to serialize the Lightroom CC that I had to download, it seems that I have to sign in to Adobe first. I finally got LR 6 running standalone, BUT if I sign out of Adobe (through the HELP menu), the next time I start Lightroom 6, I am asked to sign in to Adobe. I don’t want or need any part of the CC version or Creative Cloud or anything online, I just want to run LR standalone on my PC. If my Internet connection is down, does that also mean that I can’t start/run Lightroom? How can I use Lightroom 6 WITHOUT having to Sign in to Adobe to use it?

• Hello Andrew, the Adobe ID sign-in is required for all Adobe tools, whether subscription or perpetual licensed… In fact, this require­ment started even before Creative Cloud even came out.

It’s done for the purposes of license activation and product validation. But if you just stay signed into the product and never sign out, then you don’t have to worry about it – and you don’t need to remain online or have an active Internet connection in order to use the software.

Hope that answers your question!

15. Lightroom Trial download link doesn’t seem to be working. Hasn’t been working for over a week now :/
    Also 6.3 is out now, can you post links for the update as well?

16. Quick question:

I have lightroom 4. When I download LR CC how will it incorporate all the information I have in LR4?

Lesley

17. I have tried to update LR6 to 6.5. I get U44M1P7 error. I tried changing AAMUpdater/1.0 to 1.0.old with no success other than to change error to M2. I download the 6.5 update and tried to adobepatchinstaller to no avail. I reluctant to complete reload LR6 from scratch and then be worse off.

Please help,

Howard

18. I bought Lr5 Cd then bought Lr6 Cd. I don’t use or want to use cc. I’ve been using Lr for about 2 1/2 yrs., I love it. I can’t upgrade beyond version 6.3. Please help!
    Mike

• Well, if you don’t download a (free) update, then you can’t get to Lightroom 6.6 from Lightroom 6.3… There’s no other way to do it, sorry.

Those updates we gave above work for both Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC.