[UPDATE (October 2020) – These still work to download the old Elements 2018 trials. We also now have the new Elements 2021 Direct Download Links!]
The new version 2018 of Adobe’s “Elements” line is out, and no, you didn’t miss versions 16 and 17… Moving forward, the Elements applications will take on the upcoming year of their release instead of a version number. So this year, we have the transition from (the previous) version 15 to (the new) Photoshop Elements 2018 and Premiere Elements 2018.
And continuing our tradition of publishing the direct download links for major Adobe products such as Creative Cloud, Lightroom 6/CC, and Acrobat DC, below you’ll find the direct links from Adobe’s servers for the free trials and full offline installers for the new releases of Photoshop Elements 2018 and Premiere Elements 2018, for both Windows and macOS.
These links go to the authentic and secure files residing on Adobe’s servers, are guaranteed genuine, safe, legal, and will not change. They are especially useful for downloading Adobe’s free trials via other means – often due to difficulties with using the Adobe Download Assistant or Akamai Download Manager… With the links provided below, you can use your own browser’s download capability (without the Akamai DLM), or use another download manager of your choice.
In order to properly run Photoshop & Premiere Elements 2018, your computer must meet Adobe’s minimum system requirements for the products. See below for what’s new & different in this release.
Special: Legally download dozens of free Adobe books for a limited time!
Note: Very Important Instructions
|Acrobat DC 2020|
You must have a free Adobe account and be logged into it to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that allows you to access the direct download links. Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “no permission” message blocking the connection. So please follow these instructions carefully or the links will not work!
- Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
- Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links below – this is critical!
- If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself (free).
- OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download any of the software below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
- Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the same place.
- Then follow the product installation instructions here.
Install now: Get all new Creative Cloud 2021 direct download links and free trials.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 (PSE 2018) Direct Download Links
Note: Photoshop Elements is a 64-bit-only program on Windows or macOS.
Photoshop Elements 2018 (aka version 16) – Windows (2.4 GB): Download »
Photoshop Elements 2018 (aka version 16) – Mac (2.4 GB): Download »
Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 (PRE 2018) Direct Download Links
Note: Premiere Elements is a 64-bit-only program on Windows or macOS.
Premiere Elements 2018 (aka version 16) – Windows (2.5 GB): Download »
Premiere Elements 2018 (aka version 16) – Mac (2.5 GB): Download »
Product languages supported: The Elements 2018 tryout versions are currently available in English, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, or Turkish.
Adobe has not released new “Bonus Content” for Premiere Elements 2018, but the Additional Content for PRE 10 (containing InstantMovie themes, title templates, DVD/Blu-ray menu templates, and music to enhance movies you create) should continue to work with version 2018.
- You do not need to uninstall previous versions of Elements; some users prefer to keep the older, familiar version(s) around as they come up to speed with the new version’s features.
- Install with an account that has administrative privileges (not a Limited User Account if you are using Windows).
- For ease of installation, quit any open programs, including virus protection software, prior to installing Elements 2018.
- If you run into any difficulties, see the Elements 2018 Installation Troubleshooting page.
We suggest using a browser other than Internet Explorer to download the files above. They can be quite large and IE has been known to drop the extension (like “.exe”) from the Windows filename. If this happens and you can’t open a file, then just rename it to add back the extension. But generally, using Firefox or Chrome will work better – and if you have any issues getting the downloads to work with one browser, then try another.
What’s New in Elements 2018 – What Features Have Been Added?
For some quick highlights of what’s new and different between Photoshop/Premiere Elements 2018 and older versions, check out this comparison overview page… For more specific details on the new features, Adobe has also published new/enhanced feature reviews for PSE 2018 as well as for PRE 2018, showing what’s changed in this release.
If you own almost any earlier version of either or both tools, then you may qualify for upgrade pricing. And if you’d like to make a significantly bigger upgrade to the full Adobe Photoshop CC (plus Lightroom CC), then consider taking a close look at the CC Photography Plan before making a move.
Keep up with the latest on Adobe software — follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or subscribe to our RSS feed… You can also enter your email and have new articles sent directly to your Inbox. We are reader-supported; when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.