New Adobe Captivate 7 Trial Downloads — Direct Links (w/o Akamai)
[UPDATE (May 2014) – These still work to download the older Captivate 7 trials. We also now have the all-new Captivate 8 Direct Download Links!]
In surprise news this morning Adobe introduced and announced the immediate availability of Captivate 7, a significant upgrade to its industry-leading eLearning authoring software for rapidly creating a wide range of interactive eLearning and HTML5-based mobile Learning content [see full details].
Below we’ve got the new Adobe Captivate 7 direct download links (Windows and Mac OS) without the Akamai Download Manager, for instant easy access… You’ll also find a wide range of assets that come with Captivate 7 which can be used to create great looking eLearning content. Whether you’re considering buying a full version or upgrading from the prior release, you can always use these trials to install, run, and activate the software on your system.
Here’s some of what’s new in Captivate 7:
- Drag-and-drop components & modules
- HTML5 support for Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT)
- Improved Accessibility Support (WCAG2.0 & ADA)
- Enhanced Smart Learning Interactions library
- In-course YouTube videos
- In-course web browsing
- Enable learners to add & edit notes
- System audio recording and editing
- Enhanced quizzing with HTML5
- Support for Moodle’s GIFT format
- Integration with Tin Can-compliant LMSs
- Captivate Multi-SCO App Packager
- MathMagic Equation Editor built in
- Improved social media engagement
- Enhancements to the A3C (Course Companion)
- Shared Advanced Action templates
Related: Which option is right for you? Compare Adobe CS6 vs. Creative Cloud
Note that Adobe’s eLearning Suite has not been upgraded with Captivate 7, and currently remains at version 6.1.
The direct links below go to the authentic and original files residing on Adobe’s servers, are guaranteed genuine and will not change. For Windows, each program consists of up to two files, an .exe and a 7-Zip file (.7z). The .exe file will only work when the .7z file is fully downloaded and resides in the same location. For the Mac, it’s just a single .dmg file for each program. Languages included are English, French/Français, German/Deutsch, Spanish/Español, Portuguese/Português, Korean and Japanese.
Note: Very Important Instructions
|More Direct Download Links|
You need to have a free Adobe account and be logged into it to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that allows you to access the direct download links. Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “resume your download” message preventing the connection. So please follow these instructions carefully or the links will not work!
- Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
- Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links below – this is critical!
- If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself.
- Now close any windows that popped up and cancel any downloads that started.
- OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download any of the software below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
- Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the same place.
- Then follow the product installation instructions here.
Special: Legally download dozens of free Adobe books for a limited time!
Adobe Captivate 7 Direct Download Links
Adobe Captivate comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions… 64-bit offers higher performance but choose the 32-bit flavor if you’re unsure what your Windows computer is.
Captivate 7 – Downloadable Assets – Windows (178 MB): File 1
Captivate 7 – Mac (1.50 GB): File 1
Captivate 7 – Downloadable Assets – Mac (181 MB): File 1
Captivate 7 – NeoSpeech Text–to-Speech Voices – Mac (1.20 GB): Voices for Mac
See the complete system requirements for Captivate 7 to make sure your computer is ready before proceeding with installation.
You do not need to uninstall previous versions of Captivate; some users prefer to keep the older, familiar version(s) around as they come up to speed with the new product’s features, and some folks even have five different versions of CP installed all on the same computer.
You can easily convert a free 30-day trial installed on your computer to an unrestricted version by purchasing the software and entering the serial number.
We suggest using a browser other than Internet Explorer to download the files above. They can be quite large and IE has been known to drop the extension (like “.exe”) from the Windows filename. If this happens and you can’t open a file, then just rename it to add back the extension. But generally, using Firefox or Chrome will work better – and if you have any issues getting the downloads to work with one browser, then try another.
Related: Do you believe any of these? The 10 Most Common Myths About Creative Cloud
What’s the Difference Between Adobe Captivate 7 vs. 6?
Did these links work for you? Hope they helped out; please let us know with a comment below…