[UPDATE (August 2018) – These still work to download the old Captivate 9 trials. We also now have the all-new Captivate 2019 Direct Download Links!]
Adobe just announced the launch and immediate availability of Captivate 9, a major desktop upgrade to the industry-leading eLearning and mLearning authoring software. In addition, the company is introducing a brand new LMS (Learning Management System) called Captivate Prime, which runs in the cloud and integrates directly with Captivate 9 and other authoring programs. Finally, there’s a free new mobile app you can use to create e-learning storyboards on-the-go entitled Captivate Draft, currently available for iPad.
Below we’ve got the direct download links for Captivate 9 (Windows and Mac OS) without using the Akamai Download Manager, for fast and easy access to the new desktop tools… We’ve also included links to the greatly-expanded collection of assets that come with Captivate 9 which can be used to create amazing-looking eLearning content. Whether you’re considering buying a full version or upgrading from the prior release, you can use the trials below to install, run, and activate the software on your system.
Here is some of what’s new in Captivate 9:
- New Captivate Draft mobile app
- All-new, intuitive user interface
- Convert to multi-state objects
- Responsive effects and motion paths
- Library of 25,000+ eLearning assets
- enhancements to Responsive projects
- In-product LMS direct preview
- iOS device capture/record
- New SVG graphics support & import
- Publish to Adobe Captivate Prime
- Add knowledge check questions
- Add Quiz review buttons
- Geo-location enhancements
- Improved multidevice previews
- Delay next action
- Continue action optional
Install now: Get all new Creative Cloud 2023 direct download links and free trials.
The direct links below go to the authentic and original files residing on Adobe’s servers, are guaranteed genuine and will not change. For Windows, each program consists of up to two files, an .exe and a 7-Zip file (.7z). The .exe file will only work when the .7z file is fully downloaded and resides in the same location. For the Mac, it’s just a single .dmg file for each program. Languages included are English, French/Français, German/Deutsch, Spanish/Español, Portuguese/Português, Korean and Japanese.
Note: Very Important Instructions
|Acrobat DC 2023|
You need to have a free Adobe account and be logged into it to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that allows you to access the direct download links. Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “no permission” message blocking the connection. So please follow these instructions carefully or the links will not work!
- Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
- Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links below – this is critical!
- If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself (free).
- OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download any of the software below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
- Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the same place.
- Then follow the product installation instructions here.
Special: Legally download dozens of free Adobe books for a limited time!
Adobe Captivate 9 Direct Download Links
Adobe Captivate is now available only as a native 64-bit application to achieve higher performance. UPDATE (June 2016) – Adobe has now added a 32-bit version for the Captivate 9.0.1 release. (If you’re unsure what architecture your Windows computer is, see this page.)
Captivate 9 – Downloadable Assets – Windows (1.4 GB): File 1
Captivate 9 – NeoSpeech Text–to-Speech Voices – Windows (1.7 GB): File 1
Captivate 9 – Mac (1.7 GB): File 1
Captivate 9 – Downloadable Assets – Mac (1.4 GB): File 1
Captivate 9 – NeoSpeech Text–to-Speech Voices – Mac (1.7 GB): File 1
See the complete system requirements for Captivate 9 to make sure your computer is ready before proceeding with installation.
You do not need to uninstall previous versions of Captivate; some users prefer to keep the older, familiar version(s) around as they come up to speed with the new product’s features, and some folks even have five different versions of Cp installed all on the same computer.
You can easily convert a free 30-day trial installed on your computer to an unrestricted version by purchasing the software and entering the serial number.
We suggest using a browser other than Internet Explorer to download the files above. They can be quite large and IE has been known to drop the extension (like “.exe”) from the Windows filename. If this happens and you can’t open a file, then just rename it to add back the extension. But generally, using Firefox or Chrome will work better – and if you have any issues getting the downloads to work with one browser, then try another.
Free Stock! Download 1,000,000+ premium assets from the new Adobe Stock Free Collection
Introducing the New Adobe Captivate 9
What’s the Difference Between Adobe Captivate 9 vs. 8?
- Adobe’s new CC 2018 release: What you need to know
- What are the differences between Adobe CC vs. CS6?
- Download free Adobe books (choose over 30 titles)
- How to save 60% with the Adobe education editions
- Don’t need full Cloud? Get PS + LR for $9.99/month
- How to join Adobe’s Creative Cloud for free
Did these links work for you? Hope they helped out; please let us know with a comment below…
Keep up with the latest on Adobe software — follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or subscribe to our RSS feed… You can also enter your email and have new articles sent directly to your Inbox. We are reader-supported; when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.