Download 1,000,000+ High-Quality Assets from the Adobe Stock Free Collection

It's True: Adobe Bridge 2022 Is 100% Free for You to Download & Use

It’s True: Adobe Bridge 2022 Is Completely Free for Everyone, for Life!

Download 1,000,000+ Royalty-Free Images from the Adobe Stock Free Collection

165 thoughts on “It's True: Adobe Bridge 2022 Is 100% Free for You to Download & Use”

1. Unfortunately Free Bridge does not allow you to use Camera RAW without a subscription to Photoshop or other Adobe software.

• It’s true that without a paid copy of Photoshop to go with Bridge, you won’t be able edit images in ACR. That’s because the Adobe Camera Raw plugin which integrates with both Photoshop and Bridge is view-only if Photoshop is not activated.

Meaning that within Bridge, the ACR plugin works in a read-only way in order to display and preview the content within your Adobe files. Bridge can also edit image metadata and the like, however to make changes to the image pixels (and actually open the file for editing) you would need to have a subscription that includes Adobe Photoshop.

But either way – either with or without Photoshop – all other features in Bridge itself are functional.

2. I actually have a licensed Photoshop CS6 version on my PC, but looks like the new Bridge is not seeing the older version of Photoshop.

• Adobe Bridge became a free application in 2013, with the very first release of CC (after CS6).

Installing or using Bridge CC would not change or update the Camera Raw plug-in/version that is used by Photoshop CS… They are managed separately within each program.

Likewise, Bridge CC’s “Open in Camera RAW” command would not work, but the plain “Open” command should launch Photoshop CS6.

In any event, you should be able to continue using the version of Bridge (CS6) that came with Photoshop CS6.

3. Bridge CC is absolutely NOT FREE! It requires an active subscription and is included with it. I just spoke to an Adobe CS person who had just told me such.

• Hi Jay,

Bridge is free. You don’t need a subscription. There is no cost to download and use it permanently (not a trial), without a paid membership.

It’s been this way since Creative Cloud first launched in 2013, and it’s still the same today.

Anybody with an Adobe ID (free to create) but without a paid subscription can see this for themselves…

What’s Included with Your Free Creative Cloud Membership

We know what we’re talking about and are not making this up. If you don’t believe us, just log into your free membership portal and you’ll see Bridge available to download and use.

Sorry that you received incorrect information!

4. I have a new macOS Big Sur, as my old one died. We have been able to get most of my files and applications onto the new computer. We had to get a new version of Photoshop. My problem is with my old Adobe Bridge. I am fond of it for looking after my raw photos. The old bridge does not work on this computer. What are my options?

• Greetings William, the new version of Bridge 2022 (free) will work great with the new version of Photoshop 2022. It does everything the older versions of Bridge does, plus more.

As you discovered, older programs which are not 64-bit will no longer run on newer macOS versions because Apple removed all support for 32-bit applications.

5. Hi, I do not know much about Bridge, but it seems to be a good tool to manage my photos. These are my questions:

– When I install Bridge on my PC, can I use it offline?
    – If yes, do I have to connect with Adobe from time to time?
    – Or is it possible in principle, to use it without going online anymore?

6. Hi, to make my point again:

My question was not about if Bridge is free.
    My point is:

If I have installed Bridge, could I use it principally without connecting to the internet anymore = never again?

Thank you !

7. How do you disable the photo downloader on Bridge CC 2022? There is no option to stop it in Bridge/Preferences/General.

8. Photo Downloader launches everything I couple my phone to computer… I need to know how to stop it, as there appears to be no way.

9. I have downloaded version Bridge 12.0.1.246 via CC for Windows 11 and it has a ridiculous bug – search of Metadata does not work ! (Apart from keywords…) Having looked at the Adobe forums, other people have reported this and suggestion is to go back to an earlier version. (Which you can’t do from CC…)

Help !

10. I have tried the suggestion on how to install previous versions. However on my version of CC, I have the following Options:

“Manage plug Ins”, “Learn More” and “Uninstall” – the Option “Other versions” does not appear in the drop down menu.

11. I don’t believe I have a trial version. I have just downloaded CC again on a Windows 11 Laptop, and I can see no reference to a trial version – and have the same issue. Do you think that you can only see the “install previous versions” if you have installed a previous version on the same machine?

• Good question, but no – it doesn’t matter what versions you already have on your system… You can have just the latest release of a tool installed, and still you should see “Other versions.”

Which paid Creative Cloud plan are you currently subscribed to?

12. I don’t have a paid Creative Cloud plan – I thought I did not need one !

However, I do have a licenced copy of Lightroom Classic but that is separate, I assume.

• So you have the free level of Creative Cloud and can definitely use Bridge at no cost – but without a paid plan, access to the previous versions of Bridge (or any CC app) is not provided.

If you really need access to the prior version of Bridge, then we’d suggest signing up for a paid plan to download the release you want, and then you can cancel within 14 days for a full refund if you wish.

After your paid plan ends, you’d still be able to fully use any version of Bridge that you had downloaded and installed onto your computer(s), permanently free for life.