All Deals Extended for Cyber Monday: Save 40%-74% on Creative Cloud. Last Chance - Offers End Dec. 3!

Why Not to Buy Adobe Software on eBay, Craigslist or Amazon Mkt

Why Not to Buy Adobe Software on eBay, Craigslist or Amazon Mkt

326 thoughts on “Why Not to Buy Adobe Software on eBay, Craigslist or Amazon Mkt”

1. I bought my CS5 Premium suite from the Indiana University bookstore back in 2012 (already had CS2 from several years before). I had to upgrade my desktop this month (mar 2020) and magically I started getting the software is not legit error despite the fact that Adobe’s own server shows me as being the licensed user of the CS software. Adobe Customer Svc is great at telling you they’re really sorry for the inconvenience but there’s nothing they can do – plus they don’t return calls!

2. Yet another cautionary tale:

“The serial number you have entered has been revoked. This product cannot be licensed.”

March 16, 2020

Apparently up until last year these counterfeit serial numbers were getting through and once activated, Acrobat would remain fully functional. They have since cracked down on it and have been disabling these counterfeit keys so that they cannot be used further. Adobe has provided me a written confirmation in an email that the serial number is a counterfeit. I have contacted the reseller for a refund. Hopefully they will agree to it after seeing the confirmation from Adobe. Otherwise I will ask for legal advice.

3. “you dramatically increase your risk of exposure to viruses, spyware, or adware that can destroy (or, worse, publish to criminals) valuable data. But unfortunately, many people don’t learn about this until it’s too late. Often they do this unknowingly – and are essen­tially paying someone to do it to them by buying the unauthorized software.”

Actually, Adobe doesn’t allow for some countries to purchase the product directly, but with a reseller – but the resellers only sell the adobe for small companies, not for individuals. So, Adobe is also part of the reason why people have to crack it. They fail to provide users worldwide a way to acquire their product in a legit way.

4. INT: Ian’s House in London – Night

It is a cold November evening, a low wind is beginning to howl through a copse of woodland nearby.
    There is a full moon and the last pops and crackles of the evening’s firework displays heave their last hurrahs.
    The Camera tracks into the window and through into the sitting room as we discover Ian sitting thoughtfully by a warm open fire.

IAN V/O

“I am not dreaming this but I wanted to check if anyone else had had the entire Adobe Creative CloudSuite PRE-Loaded onto their newly bought Apple MacBook Pro in or around September 2009. It was a while ago I’ll admit and to be honest I didn’t think much of it at the time, I remember the Assistant at the Apple Store making it a sort of selling point which I thought curious because it was highly rumoured that Adobe were in a spot of bother and possibly throwing in the towel. The rest is history of course and it is well-known that Adobe didn’t sell the House just decided to rent it out instead. I am not dreaming this I promise you, and you must believe me if you are to bear witness to this tale, for I am undone, by cruel men insistent and relentless in pursuance of damning me, they will win and I will be their fool and I will fade away unless one of you comes forward, unless one of you takes that first step into this mystery with me……

CUE LIGHTHEARTED MUSIC AND MONTAGE

I went into full-time work and the Adobe Creative Suite was consigned to the mechanical hard drive untouched. There it remained for a decade, its clever ‘ElementTables’ designs hardly glanced at and the Activation codes which came with the purchase of the machine, and the ‘licence’ which was inside the Instruction Manual for the machine lay somewhere in the attic gathering dust and mosses from the occasional lifegiving drip, handed down from the benevolent Old Water Tank that fed the heating system way up and far away in that cold forbidden place known as The Attic.

Cut to this time last year and enter me, happy self-taught Final Cut Pro X Editor – “Still aways to go but getting there” – I remember I had just installed a new SSD into the now-getting-on-a-bit MacBook Pro and after performing my first ever Solo ‘Clean Install’ was feeling dazed but chuffed with myself, I became aware that Time Machine had tenderly and almost lovingly restored some vaguely familiar icons as if they were fragile eggs from her basket. On closer inspection (slow camera track to edge of basket and close up), a glow of Golden After Effects light spilled on to my wide-eyed, open-mouthed amazed face and, one by one, the eggs gently cracked apart and there they were, cooing and drooling and chewing on their tiny Adobe feet, reborn and free – yes FREE – my very own Adobe Family CS6 Creative Suite!

I held them close to me and never let them go and as I stared at them, blinking away tears of joy, through the Retina Screen of that Ol’ MacBook Pro, my heart pounded and I vowed out loud I would never leave them alone again, they would be given the best I had to give and they would live they would … Live (Choir begins slow climb to top C) White proton light beams sear through the glass of the Patio doors and Camera tracks up and out and up to the Full moon above and a twinkling nest of stars.

Fade to Black

Credits

NEXT WEEK ON “CUSTODY FOR CS6”

QUICK LIGHTNING FLASHES and Roars of thunder intercut with Vivid cuts of Management shaking their heads,
    Emails of threatening LEGAL PROCEEDINGS, False Codes Numbers and Scams,
    Shots of shadowy dealings in Taverns and places of ill-repute.

IAN TERRIFIED V/O

I was suddenly invaded by streams of Adobe Security Daemons rushing into my computer completely uninvited and had restarted the system, The Codes, The original Codes will not survive a restart! I was helpless, I was stopped from anything I was attempting to do with warnings that I had violated Adobe and she was seeking a death warrant to be enforced within the hour or something along those lines…… I swear!

Cue Lots of Slapping of Ian’s Face, Newspaper Headlines SCREAM Ian’s name, and his perverted Nighttime jaunts to Owl Sanctuaries

Will Adobe Win, Can Ian get a word of truth in edgeways

Same Time Same Channel, The After Effects of Being Alone With Adobe ( A NETflix Production from Primus Films Ltd)

Fade To Black

CREDITS

COMMERCIALS

5. Thanks so much, I really appreciated your comments. I didn’t get a chance to read my little short film script until now, as I had assumed it had been lifted by the editor in case it had offended Adobe in some way. I’ve had a few of my literary insights pulled recently on a certain community websites by nervous moderators protecting and sanitising the debate, thereby pulling out the core and hiding the pips, thus denying any more comments or healthy arguments the chance to flourish or be harvested.

So glad this wasn’t the case in your esteemed publication.

Many thanks again,

Ian Francis
    Creative Director
    PRIMUS Films Ltd
    UK

6. I have a mid-2011 Mac that runs High Sierra. It works fine and I have no reason to upgrade anytime soon. Adobe’s new Photoshop requires a newer OS but I can rent their unsupported older version (ver. 21.2.4) on CC. I’m thinking, it makes more sense to buy a used software package rather than pay rent to Adobe. I am not buying it for the “Support.” I just want a Photoshop and Illustrator package that is compatible with my OS system. Does that make sense?

• Hey Kenneth, last year’s versions of the apps (the CC 2020 release) are actually still fully-supported by Adobe… See here for more info.

In a nutshell, Creative Cloud customers can always download and use the two most recent major versions of applications.

The only versions that weren’t subscription are the old CS releases, the prospects for which we’ve covered in the article and comments above.

7. After attempting to convert my project to a jpg file and not being able to find it on my computer and then unsuccessfully trying to update Camera Raw (which a number of users were told by Adobe was the problem), I’ll stick with Plan A, using CS6.

8. I just wanted to warn users that there is an eBay seller selling counterfeit copies, even though they at first appear genuine. They are even going as far as buying the software books to pair with the copied software.

The user sturbridge-lakes is selling multiple counterfeit copies of Adobe products. I asked the user through eBay messaging to provide a picture of the disc front and back which I will attach here that clearly shows the user is copying these CDs: the back of the disc is a blue/purple tint typical of a burnt CD, not the silver color of a genuine product. Also note the user is not providing original packaging.

Here is picture of back of disc that sturbridge-lakes is selling: https://i.imgur.com/HQWBAmE.jpg

Here is front: https://i.imgur.com/ZC2t8Ip.jpg

Here is original message: https://i.imgur.com/cNyYLIP.png

Here is image of recent Adobe sales showing user is selling multiple copies: https://i.imgur.com/UiPVLxk.png

With a seller-provided image showing a copied disc, it is safe to say that all Adobe products this vendor is selling are illegal copies, including Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard, Adobe Photoshop 6.0 and Adobe Photoshop CS4. Essentially everything they have listed here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/sturbridge-lakes/m.html?item=194171348816

As mentioned, this pirate is buying the user manuals to pair with his copies to make his items look legit. For example, you can see feedback left from bulldogunit on a recent sale of an Adobe Photoshop 6.0 manual that sturbridge-lakes would user to pair with his multiple copies of the software.