Download 300,000+ High-Quality Images from the New Adobe Stock Free Collection

Direct Download Links for All Official Adobe CS4 and CS3 Free Trials

[UPDATE – Some of these still work to download the old CS3 & CS4 trials from years ago, but Adobe has recently taken down many links… However, you can also now get the all-new Creative Cloud 2021 Direct Download Links!]

Even though Creative Suite 6 is out and is a phenomenal release, some folks still need the earlier versions for various reasons: 32-bit vs 64-bit (e.g., After Effects and Premiere Pro), compatibility with other software or systems owned, the rest of your class or company is still on CS4, you need to reinstall but no longer have your original disks or download file, etc… But this older software is now hard to find – Adobe doesn’t publicize or provide a web interface for it. So if you’ve been searching high and low all over the Internet to find the official Adobe trial downloads for CS4 or CS3, well your search is over!

CS3/CS4 No Longer Sold – Get Adobe CS6 or CC Now

Below are two tables for CS4 trial downloads in major languages. These links go to the auth­entic and original CS4 files residing on Adobe’s servers, are guaranteed genuine and will not change. For Windows, each program consists of two files, an .exe and a 7-Zip file (.7z). The .exe file will only work once the .7z package is fully down­loaded and resides in the same location. For the Mac, it’s just a single .dmg file for each program.

There are also optional “extra content” (or functional content) downloads included here for most tools that consist of one or two additional files, which you can install separately after the main product is installed. It typically includes fonts, templates, documentation, etc.

The supported languages vary by product. The Western Euro­pean languages can include French/Français, German/Deutsch, Italian/Italiano, Dutch/Nederlands, Norwegian/Norsk, Danish/Dansk, Finnish/Suomi, Swedish/Svenska, Portuguese/Português, and Spanish/Español. To see which product supports which languages, visit the main Adobe trials page and then click on the selection menu for whichever product(s) you’d like to try – it will tell you which languages are currently available.

Install now: Get all new Creative Cloud 2021 direct download links and free trials.

Note: Very Important Instructions

More Direct
Download Links
CC 2021
CC 2019
CS6
Acrobat DC 2020
Captivate 2019
Lightroom 6/CC
Elements 2021

You need to have a free Adobe account and be logged into it to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that allows you to access the direct download links. Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “no permission” message block­ing the connection. So please follow these instructions carefully or the links will not work!

1. Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
  2. Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links in the table below – this is critical!
  3. If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself (free).
  4. OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download any of the software below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
  5. Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the same place.
  6. Then follow the product installation instructions here.

Creative Suite 4 – Adobe CS4 Downloads

The New Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 Release

How to Get the New Creative Cloud 2021 Direct Download Links What's the Difference Between Creative Cloud 2021 vs. Older Releases – What's New?
Creative Suite 4 Trials
CS4 Master Collection File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Design Premium File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Design Standard File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Web Premium File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Web Standard File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Production Premium* File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2

Free Stock! Download 300,000+ premium assets from the new Adobe Stock Free Collection

And for other countries, here are the CS4 trial download links for most Western European languages – which can include French/Français, German/Deutsch, Dutch/Nederlands, Danish/Dansk, Finnish/Suomi, Swedish/Svenska, Norwegian/Norsk, Italian/Italiano, Portuguese/Português, and Spanish/Español:

Save Up to 70% with the Student & Teacher Discount on New Adobe CC

CS4 Master Collection File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Design Premium File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Design Standard File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Web Premium File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Web Standard File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2
CS4 Production Premium* File 1 File 2 File 3   File 1 File 2

We suggest using a browser other than Internet Explorer to download any of the files above. They can be quite large and IE has been known to drop the extension (like “.exe”) from the Windows filename. If this happens and you can’t open a file, then just rename it to add back the extension. But generally, using Firefox or Chrome will work better – and if you have any issues getting the downloads to work with one browser, then try another.

*** Note: If you have any problems getting the files to download or install, be sure to read the earlier comments on this page – as most questions have already been asked and answered below!

Creative Suite 3 – Adobe CS3 Downloads

Here are the links for the official CS3 trials in English, all downloaded from Adobe servers. For CS3 on Windows, there are almost no .7z files; usually it’s only .exe files. For the Mac, it’s all .dmg files. All other instructions remain the same as for CS4 above.

Available Worldwide: Get New Adobe Photoshop plus Lightroom for Just $9.99/Month (Upgrades Included)

Important: Please see this update about CS3.

Creative Suite 3 Trials
CS3 Master Collection File 1 File 2 File 3 File 1 File 2
CS3 Design Premium File 1   File 2 File 1 File 2
CS3 Design Standard File 1   File 2 File 1 File 2
CS3 Web Premium File 1   File 2 File 1 File 2
CS3 Web Standard File 1   File 2 File 1 File 2
CS3 Production Premium* File 1 File 2 File 3 File 1 File 2

If you’re looking for CS2, CS, or an even earlier release, you can try digging around on Adobe’s FTP server for older products (but that’s really only for advanced users).

It is strongly advised not to use unknown sites or sources to download Adobe software, as increasingly these files are being used to deliver viruses and trojans onto users’ computers.

Did these links work for you? Hope they helped out; please let us know with a comment below… And please see our companion page if you want the direct links for the new CC 2019 products.

The New Creative Cloud Student & Teacher Editions - Save Up to 70%!

Download 300,000+ Royalty-Free Images from the Adobe Stock Free Collection

2,091 thoughts on “Direct Download Links for All Official Adobe CS4 and CS3 Free Trials”

1. Thanks @Kate..If it wasn’t for your comments I would have had gone mad just trying to figure out how to download Premiere Pro CS4..Thanks very much, you are a freaking genius.

2. I’ve downloaded Photoshop CS3 and installed it correctly, but it refuses to work.
    I open it and the window opens and stops responding after a couple seconds.

• Very strange Zee, never heard of anything like that before… Have you ever run CS3 on your system at an earlier time? Were there any errors displayed? Try rebooting and then give it another shot – then if still no luck, uninstall, run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, and reinstall.

Also make sure you are installing with administrator privileges (right click the .exe file you downloaded and choose “Run as Administrator…”).

3. i downloaded the mac cs4 trial. opened up the setup file and when i clicked install indesign cs4, it requested that i insert cs4 disc?

4. if you mean this solution:

“I had the same problem when I was installing CS5 trial on my home computer. I had copied the installation files to a USB drive and was trying to install from there. The way I fixed it was to copy the installation files to C:\ and then restart the installation from there. Problem solved.”

i think that’s for a pc, and I didn’t use a usb, and I moved the dmg file to the mac hardrive (from the desktop) and the install pack still opens on the desktop…

tried it again anyway and got same thing.

5. Hi, i’m having problems when i click file 1 after effects cs3 trial for windows, it redirects me to adobe saying you must sign in to complete this download, i am already signed in so i do the process again but still the adobe page comes up, please can you help?

6. all this is coming out as documents, i did extract them but nothing happens – just more documents, im getting really confused

7. i am logged into adobe and I did click “remember me,” but when i click the link it still says im not signed in.

I tried refreshing, and even at the top it says im signed in, but the download says ”Sign in and resume your trial download” but like I said I am signed in.

8. Hi, well I have an issue with my account login. I am logged in but once I click the link (also checking remember me, when logging in), and it tells me to sign in and resume my download… however I am already signed in, why is that?

9. Thanks a lot. I’ve been looking for the InDesign CS3 trial (MAC, 10.4, PowerPC) for more than 2 weeks, and you saved my afternoon.

10. i tried the premiere pro cs4 install but i get an error 1605 saying that a cab1 file is corrupt or missing, anyone else have this issue?

11. i did the instructions for how to download After Effects CS4 and InDesign CS4 but none of it worked. i even tried to download the CS3 versions! I kept getting the adobe webpage, and it kept saying “resume your download”

12. Please help. The link to download Adobe CS3 does not work. Where can I download the software as a trial version?
    many thanks
    Patrick

• Downloading them here should work for you Patrick… Have you carefully followed the step-by-step download instructions in the article above? What exact problem are you having? Have you read through any of the earlier comments to see if that helps?

• Sorry you were having difficulty… what were the errors / messages? Did you follow the download instructions in the article above? Did you try a different browser or computer or Internet connection (not wi-fi)?

13. Ok, Ive tried to download After Effects CS4, I’ve followed the instructions, and when i tried to save a link (from chrome), all i find is ‘download.html’. The Adobe servers are not working. any ideas?

• Hi Michael,
      Just tested those links here using Chrome, and they continue to work fine on this end – no problem downloading the files…
      Have you tried some of the suggestions given in the other comments above?

14. Hello, I downloaded the After Effects CS3 trial yesterday (6/28) and everything worked great – both installation and the product itself. When I tried to log in today (6/29), a screen popped up saying that my trial has expired and is asking for a serial number. I only used the trial for one day.. Is there anything that I can do?

Thank you so much for your reply! I uninstalled the program, ran the Creative Suite Cleaner, rebooted, cleared my cache and cookies, and reinstalled After Effects CS3. The installation and setup completed, but when I try to open the program it still says that my trial has expired.. Do you have any other suggestions?

• Hello again Tiffany, sorry that didn’t work for you… If you’ve never run the trial before then that’s quite unusual, but try the link in this prior comment and see if that helps.

Or try After Effects CS4 instead – it’s a different trial.

16. I’m signed in on adobe like the instructions said too, I’ve only been able to download the .exe file for After Effects CS4, but every time I try to download the .7z file it always tells me to sign in when I’m already signed in.

17. I’ve downloaded and installed the trial version of Photoshop CS4 through your site. I want to buy the full version of CS4. I opened it and clicked on “buy a serial number” which puts me on Adobe’s site to buy CS5. I “chatted” with them, and they said they don’t deal in “older” software, but he was trying really hard to convince me how wonderful CS5 is, so maybe he was just a salesman.

Since you seem to have the older trials available and Adobe doesn’t, do you know of any way I can buy the older (full and permanent) version?

• Yes Carol, it is indeed possible to still buy CS4 (or CS5.0) from Adobe, rather than CS5.5 – if you really need or want those older versions. And that’s a good thing, because trying to find a safe and legitimate copy of CS4 from any other source is very challenging now.

It’s not widely publicized, but there is a way to get these by purchasing a CS5.5 volume license direct from the Adobe Business Store.

(But don’t worry, you can buy just a single copy and use your credit card online to do it – and you don’t have to be a business or sign a contract or anything.)

If you purchase the software in this way, you can then request the previous versions instead – in other words, “downgrade” from CS5.5 to CS4. The price is the same, and you can still convert your existing trial or download the software direct from Adobe, etc.

So that would be our best recommendation if you want to purchase these trials… Hope it helps, and feel free to post back with any questions!

18. Hi, will CS3 work on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, or can it only work on 32-bit?

It worked perfectly on 32bit, but I have upgraded to 64bit.

• Welcome Leon, thanks for your question. Generally speaking, 32-bit applications should work OK on 64-bit computers, providing the operating system is supported and other minimum system requirements are met… See this Adobe Knowledgebase article about running Creative Suite products on Windows 7 to learn more.

• Hey there Kristy, which browser are you using, or did you use? In the article above we don’t recommend using IE, if that’s it… You might need to rename to add a “.exe” back onto any files which don’t have an extension, or try downloading using a different browser.

19. Hi

Wondering if you could help, I’m trying to find Adobe Audition CS3 trial download.

Can you help?

thanks much
    Rocio

20. Hey, thank you for this site you’re brill!!

I’m having problems with the InDesign CS3 version though :(

I tried the CS4 InDesign for 30 days created some work, now I’m trying the CS3 InDesign version and I can’t open all of the files I created using the CS4 version trial.

It keeps saying when I try to open the files in CS3:

Missing Plug Ins
    WORLDREADY.RPLN
    CONDITIONALTXT.RPLN

I did a search engine check and they’re not on my system.

It took me the 30 days to create all of this work so I don’t want to have to redo it all over again!

Could somebody please give me some tips or a way to fix this? thank you

• Hello Alex, that’s a common problem. But if you know how, you usually can “save down” an InDesign document so that it can open in a previous version.

Now your trick may be that your CS4 trial is up and you can’t run it again to downsave your documents. And you might have a hard time finding a legitimate and safe copy of CS4 or CS3 to buy.

But the good news is you can just get the latest CS5.5 trial of InDesign and it will open the files from all those earlier versions… And that’s the best version you can buy now anyway.