What’s New in CS6: Premiere Pro, After Effects & Audition Features!
[UPDATE (May 7th) – CS6 is here!]
In particular, we can sneak peek and show you everything that’s going to be in the CS6 Production Premium video suite: Premiere Pro CS6, After Effects CS6, Audition CS6, Story CS6, Adobe Media Encoder CS6, Encore CS6 – plus two new applications, Prelude CS6 and SpeedGrade CS6!
The company is planning to make a really big splash with these new tools at the 2012 NAB Show in Las Vegas next week.
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 delivers a sleek, professional user interface; a powerful playback engine; and a host of fantastic creative features. Quickly stabilize shaky shots with Warp Stabilizer. Natively edit anything from low-resolution to RED EPIC 5K and ARRIRAW footage, finesse your work with dynamic timeline trimming, handle more multicam angles, and correct rolling shutter artifacts. Get flexible audio tracks, powerful color workflows, Adobe Prelude software integration, and more.
Adobe After Effects CS6 lets you deliver cinematic visual effects and sophisticated motion graphics faster than ever before. Take 64 bit to a new level with Global Performance Cache. Extend your creativity with the 3D camera tracker, built-in text and shape extrusion, new mask feathering options, rolling shutter repair, and more built-in effects to make your final project look the way you intended.
Adobe Audition CS6 offers high-performance, intuitive editing tools to help you produce audio efficiently. Powerful new features such as real-time clip stretching, pitch and speed control, write/latch/touch automation, control surface support, and automatic speech alignment help you deliver projects faster than ever. Many user-requested features have been added and improved, such as CD burning, clip grouping with group suspend, tone generation, and more.
Top New Features in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 vs. CS5.5
- Sleek, highly intuitive, and customizable user interface
- New Adjustment layers
- Dynamic timeline trimming
- Warp Stabilizer effect for fixing shaky footage
- Dramatically expanded multicam editing
- Editing enhancements for smoother switching from other NLEs
- Enhanced Adobe Mercury Playback Engine for blazing performance & greater stability
- Support for OpenCL on some MacBook Pro computers for GPU-accelerated workflows
- Faster Project panel workflows
- Uninterrupted playback
- Native support for RED EPIC and RED SCARLET-X cameras
- Native support for ARRI Alexa and Canon Cinema EOS C300 cameras
- Rolling Shutter Repair effect
- Adobe Prelude CS6 software integration
- Improved Three-Way Color Corrector
- Refined default audio track design
- Cinema mode for full-screen playback
- Effects applied with a simple double-click
- Support for gestural control on the Mac computer
- Adobe Mercury Transmit SDK to better integrate with third-party I/O hardware
- Integrate with Adobe SpeedGrade CS6 software
- 64-bit Adobe Encore software for rock-solid performance
- Enhancements to Adobe Media Encoder
- Improved third-party tool interoperability
Find out more about Premiere Pro CS6 – what’s new and different…
Top New Features in Adobe After Effects CS6 vs. CS5.5
- Global Performance Cache
- Avid AAF and FCP 7 XML file import with Pro Import AE
- Ray-traced, extruded text and shapes created in After Effects
- Broadly-improved GPU acceleration for previews and rendering
- Variable mask feathering
- Rolling shutter repair
- 3D Camera Tracker
- Integration with Illustrator to convert/animate/extrude vector art
- 90 new and updated built-in effects
- Support for .Look files from Adobe SpeedGrade CS6
- mocha for After Effects CS6 and CycoreFX HD suite included (English)
Find out more about After Effects CS6 – what’s new and different…
Top New Features in Adobe Audition CS6 vs. CS5.5
- Faster, more precise editing
- Real-time clip stretching including new “varispeed” mode
- Automatic speech alignment
- EUCON and other control surface support
- Parameter automation
- Powerful pitch correction/manipulation tools
- Tools for efficient session management
- Loudness standard compliance
- Expanded output options including output to CD
- Media browser with file preview
- HD video playback
- New effects
- Powerful effects routing and VST3 support
- Simplified Metadata and Markers panels
- Expanded audio and video file formats
- Improved batch processing
- User-driven workflow improvements
- Editing preview with selective skipping
- Clip grouping including suspend, trimming & stretching
- Trim to Selection
- Multiple clipboards
- Sum to Mono
- Support for more frame rates
- Hardware controllers support
- Save effects rack as favorite
- Automatic retrieval of CD titles
- Improved keyboard shortcut manager
Find out more about Audition CS6 – what’s new and different…
Top New Features in Adobe Encore & Media Encoder CS6 vs. CS5.5
Meanwhile, Adobe Encore gets 64-bit support and faster MPEG import with asynchronous processing… while Media Encoder gets a Preset browser.
What is Adobe SpeedGrade CS6?
Adobe SpeedGrade CS6 color grading software allows you to craft the perfect look for your productions with the new Lumetri Deep Color Engine. Designed for file-based workflows and sporting a sleek new interface, SpeedGrade CS6 opens the full dynamic range of your footage with GPU-accelerated performance and broad file-based format support – including RAW, HDR, and stereoscopic content. Originally published by IRIDAS and now part of the Creative Suite, SpeedGrade gives you the power to push your stories further.
- Lumetri Deep Color Engine
- Powerful, layer-based grading
- Real-time performance
- Unlimited primary and secondary corrections
- Streamlined user experience
Find out more about new Adobe SpeedGrade CS6…
What is Adobe Prelude CS6?
Adobe Prelude CS6 provides a unified interface for ingest and logging workflows, allowing you to work faster, stay organized, and streamline your production process. Copy and transcode to your storage infrastructure and begin logging immediately, intuitively adding searchable temporal markers that flow through post-production. Create rough cuts with production notes that flow into Premiere Pro software, communicating the vision for the project through final editing.
- Easy, time-efficient full and partial ingest and tagging of footage
- Footage transcoding and tagging upon ingest
- Searchable marker-based metadata
- Keyboard-driven logging
- Easy rough-cut assembly
Find out more about new Adobe Prelude CS6…
Watch the CS6 Demos
Here are 12 sneak peek chapters covering many new features in the different CS6 video products (23 minutes runtime):
GET FREE ADOBE BOOKS
Sign up for our popular newsletter and we’ll send you 30 great ebooks to learn all major Adobe tools at no cost!