Free eBook on Printing in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator & Acrobat
Adobe has made available an excellent resource that’s now updated for CS6 – a free printing handbook in the form of a 149-page downloadable e-book: The Adobe Creative Suite 6 Printing Guide. Earlier editions of this book have been out for previous releases (see the older CS5.x, CS4 and CS3 links below), but now this is fully refreshed and upgraded for the most recent versions of the products.
This very handy tome will tell you everything you ever need or wanted to know about getting great print results with your projects in Photoshop CS6 (including Extended), Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6, and brand new Acrobat XI Pro. All the different tools, setups, settings, options, functions, and formats – what they mean and how to best use them to achieve your goals.
“The Adobe Creative Suite 6 Printing Guide will tell you everything you need to know to produce files that printers will love and published documents that clients will adore. Learn the best ways of handling and preparing CS6 files for print. Use it as a handy technical reference or as a training tool for new staff.” So anybody who would like a tutorial on how to print effectively and generate the most optimal output from their designs can gain something here…
Because some technologies and concepts – such as PDF creation, transparency, and the Graphics Model – are common across all Adobe products used for print design and production, the first chapter of a dozen pages is devoted solely to explaining common terminology and background resources. And with the groundwork laid, the rest goes into comprehensive detail on things you probably have wanted to know at some point but were afraid to ask or didn’t know where.
So now, whether you print from Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, or Acrobat, this ebook explains all you need to know about successful printing and best practices in output generation.
And luckily, the price is right!
Here is the complete collection of these guides for current and older CS releases:
- Read/download the Adobe CS6 Printing Guide (PDF, 149 pages, 22MB)
- Read/download the Adobe CS5/CS5.5 Printing Guide (PDF, 140 pages, 20MB)
- Read/download the Adobe CS4 Printing Guide (PDF, 139 pages, 5MB)
- Read/download the Adobe CS3 Printing Guide (PDF, 120 pages, 7MB)
Also don’t miss these additional materials – over 1,000 pages of free e-books for all Adobe CS6 products that you can download to help learn the software, and/or three full, in-depth professional Creative Suite training courses, again at no charge…
- Adobe CS6 vs. Creative Cloud: Which is best for you?
- What are the differences between CS6 vs. CS5, 4, 3?
- What’s new in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and Standard?
- Creative Cloud team and group licensing now available
- Free Adobe CS6 Tutorials – 30 hours of video training
- The 10 most common myths about Creative Cloud