Direct Download Links for Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements 12
[UPDATE (October 2016) – These still work to download the old Elements 12 trials. We also now have the new Elements 15 Direct Download Links!]
In keeping with our custom of publishing the direct download links for major Adobe products such as Creative Cloud, CS6, Lightroom 6/CC, and Acrobat DC, below you’ll find the direct links from Adobe’s servers for the free trials of the new releases of Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12, for both Windows and Mac OS.
These links go to the authentic and secure files residing on Adobe’s servers, are guaranteed genuine, safe, legal, and will not change. They are especially useful when you are unable to download Adobe’s free trials via other means – often due to difficulties with the Akamai Download Manager or Adobe Download Assistant…
With the links provided below, you can use your own browser’s download capability (without DLM), or another download manager of your choice.
For setting up PSE 12 and/or PRE 12 on Windows, each program consists of two downloaded files: an .exe and a 7-Zip file (.7z). The .exe file will only work (and install) once the .7z file is fully downloaded and resides in the same folder. For the Mac, it’s just a single .dmg file for each program.
Special: Legally download dozens of free Adobe books for a limited time!
Note: Very Important Instructions
|More Direct Download Links|
You must have a free Adobe account and be logged into it to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that allows you to access the direct download links. Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “no permission” message blocking the connection. So please follow these instructions carefully or the links will not work!
- Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
- Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links below – this is critical!
- If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself (free).
- Click the big blue “Download” button at the bottom of that Adobe page – but then immediately cancel the download that starts, and close the windows that popped up.
- OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download any of the software below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
- Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the same place.
- Then follow the product installation instructions here.
Install now: Get all new Adobe CC 2017 direct download links and free trials.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 (PSE 12) Direct Download Links
Photoshop Elements 12 – Mac (1.4 GB): File 1
Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (PRE 12) Direct Download Links
Premiere Elements comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions… 64-bit offers higher performance but choose the 32-bit flavor if you’re unsure what your Windows system is.
Premiere Elements 12 – Mac (1.4 GB): File 1
Product languages supported: The Elements 12 tryout versions are currently available in English, French/Français, German/Deutsch, and Japanese on Mac OS… On Windows, you can additionally choose from Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, or Turkish.
Adobe has not released new “Bonus Content” for Premiere Elements 12, but the Additional Content for PRE 10 (containing InstantMovie themes, title templates, DVD/Blu-ray menu templates, and music to enhance movies you create) should continue to work with version 12.
- You do not need to uninstall previous versions of Elements; some users prefer to keep the older, familiar version(s) around as they come up to speed with the new version’s features.
- Install with an account that has administrative privileges (not a Limited User Account if you are using Windows).
- For the easiest installation experience, quit any open programs, including virus protection software, prior to installing Elements 12.
- Read the accompanying Photoshop Elements 12 Release Notes in English, French, or German.
- If you run into any difficulties, see the Elements 12 Installation Troubleshooting page.
We suggest using a browser other than Internet Explorer to download the files above. They can be quite large and IE has been known to drop the extension (like “.exe”) from the Windows filename. If this happens and you can’t open a file, then just rename it to add back the extension. But generally, using Firefox or Chrome will work better – and if you have any issues getting the downloads to work with one browser, then try another.
*** Note: If you have any problems getting the files to download or install, be sure to read the earlier comments on this page – as most questions have already been asked and answered below!