Direct Links for Adobe Acrobat Pro, Standard & Reader DC 2016/2015
[UPDATE (January 2018) – These still work to download the older Acrobat DC 2016/2015 trials. We also now have the all-new Acrobat DC 2018 Direct Download Links!]
Adobe Acrobat DC 2016 is now shipping! “DC” stands for Document Cloud, which is Adobe’s new set of integrated online services that helps people and businesses better manage critical documents. At the heart of Document Cloud is Acrobat DC – the industry standard for creating, sharing and editing PDFs – which was completely reengineered last year for the initial DC 2015 milestone release.
This new version of Acrobat continues as a desktop product in both Pro or Standard editions, and is available either via subscription or with a perpetual (one-off) license. Adobe has incorporated many new features and improvements to bring Acrobat up the modern day. Further, the company has moved to a year-based versioning model for Acrobat… So this revision is officially called the “the 2016 Release of Acrobat DC” – and the technical version number is actually 15 rather than 12.
And in maintaining our tradition of providing the direct download links for major Adobe products such as Creative Cloud, CS6, Lightroom 6/CC, Captivate 10, and Elements 2018, you’ll find the direct links for the new Acrobat DC 2016 below.
The trial version includes all desktop features of Acrobat Pro DC, plus a limited set of Document Cloud services including the ability to fill, sign, and send forms on a tablet device, store and share files online and access recently viewed files across devices. A paid subscription is required to take advantage of other services including the ability to get signatures from others; send and track documents online; and create and export PDFs from a browser or mobile device. If/when the free trial expires, you can still use Acrobat to view PDFs, comment and fill forms – but to access the full set of features again, you will need to purchase Acrobat.
Special: Legally download dozens of free Adobe books for a limited time!
The links given below go to the authentic and secure files residing on Adobe’s servers, are guaranteed genuine, safe, legal, and will not change. They are especially useful when you are unable to download these products via other means – perhaps due to issues with the Adobe’s Download Manager. Here the file access is open and you can just use your browser, or another DLM.
Note there is no actual trial version of Acrobat DC Standard for any platform, but Pro includes all Standard features – so you can try out Pro for free and then decide which version you want at the time of purchase. Naturally, the free Adobe Reader DC 2016 for PDF is also downloadable for both operating system platforms – Windows (7, 8, 10) and Mac OS (10.9, 10.10, 10.11).
Note: Very Important Instructions
|More Direct Download Links|
|Acrobat DC 2018|
Except for the Reader, you must have a free Adobe account and be logged in to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that lets you to access the software. Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” message preventing the connection. So please follow these instructions carefully.
- Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any browsing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
- Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links in the table below – this is critical!
- If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself (free).
- OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download any of the links below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
- Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu.
- Then follow the product installation instructions here.
Adobe Acrobat Pro/Standard DC (Subscription) – Direct Download Links
This is trial or version to download if you’re considering purchasing Acrobat DC by subscription, via a lower-cost monthly/annual plan. Subscribers are entitled to the complete product featureset, including forthcoming new features and improvements on an ongoing (or “Continuous Track”) basis at no extra charge, along with all product fixes and platform support enhancements.
» Windows – Acrobat Pro DC 2016/2015 free trial in 28 languages (737 MB)
» Mac OS – Acrobat Pro DC 2016/2015 free trial in 26 languages (638 MB)
Adobe Acrobat Pro/Standard 2015 (Standalone) – Direct Download Links
This is trial or version to download if you intend to upgrade or buy Acrobat outright, via a traditional (or “Classic Track”) perpetual license. Perpetual customers will get the regular product fixes and platform support enhancements, but don’t receive future new features or upgrades. Standalone product users also don’t have access to all the Acrobat DC web, mobile, and cloud-based workflows.
» Windows – Acrobat Pro 2015 free trial in 28 languages (677 MB)
» Mac OS – Acrobat Pro 2015 free trial in 26 languages (551 MB)
Note: Before deciding whether to get the subscription or perpetual version of Acrobat DC, you should see this product comparison.
Free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC – Direct Download Links
This is the new Acrobat Reader DC, which is completely free for all users.
» Windows – Free Reader DC 2016 in English (87 MB)
» Windows – Free Reader DC 2016 in German (88 MB)
» Windows – Free Reader DC 2016 in French (87 MB)
» Windows – Free Reader DC 2016 in Spanish (87 MB)
» Windows – Free Reader DC 2016 in 28 Languages (183 MB)
» Mac OS – Free Reader DC 2016 in 23 Languages (143 MB)
Adobe Acrobat DC Updates
If you also want the direct download links for the latest Acrobat Pro/Standard product updates (i.e., all the included upgrades since the initial release above), here are complete sets for PC and Mac… These updates are cumulative and require that a previous version of the same major release of Acrobat already be installed on your system. To determine which version of you currently have installed, select “About Acrobat…” from the Help menu, and then download and apply the correct update patch file from these collections:
- Download Links for All Acrobat DC Updates: Windows
- Download Links for All Acrobat DC Updates: Mac OS
- The trial version includes all desktop features of Acrobat Pro DC
for 30 days(or possibly longer) from the time you first launch the program on your system. Update: Adobe has shortened the length of all Acrobat free trials to 7 days.
- Installation of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC trial may uninstall any earlier version of Adobe Acrobat on Windows computers. If you want to reinstall the older release later, then you’d need your original serial number and software disc/installers.
- Acrobat Distiller DC, the batch engine for converting other types of documents into PDF files, is included within the Acrobat Pro/Standard downloads above.
- Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Pro/Standard and the Reader.
- For the smoothest installation experience, exit any open programs, including virus protection software, prior to installing the product.
- Install with an account that has administrative privileges (not a Limited User Account if you are using Windows).
- If you encounter any difficulties, try Adobe Assistance.
We suggest using a browser other than Internet Explorer to download the files above. They can be quite large and IE has been known to drop the extension (like “.exe”) from the Windows filename. If this happens and you can’t open a file, then just rename it to add back the extension. But generally, using Firefox or Chrome will work better – and if you have any issues getting the downloads to work with one browser, then try another.
*** Note: If you have any problems getting the files to download or install, be sure to read the earlier comments on this page – as most questions have already been asked and answered below!
- The 10 most common myths about Creative Cloud
- What are the differences between Adobe CC vs. CS6?
- Download free Adobe books (choose over 30 titles)
- Free! Watch 140 hours of training from Adobe MAX
- How to save 60% with the Student & Teacher Editions
- Free download: Get 10 high-quality Adobe Stock images