Download Free eBooks: Acrobat X + XI Pro How-to Tutorial Guides
Next to Photoshop, Acrobat Pro & Standard is Adobe’s top-selling product line of all time: it’s offered standalone plus included in all the Creative Suites as well as the newer Creative Cloud – so clearly there are a lot of people using it worldwide. The two free books below will help you learn how to use it better and more effectively…
The first book is all about the Acrobat XI release, and the second is for the older Acrobat X from 2010. Both these guides contain dozens of helpful tutorials that will help you discover the advantages of using Acrobat and how to get the most out of it… Following the easy walkthroughs will quickly introduce you to new ways to save time and simplify complex projects.
Each chapter includes step-by-step instructions for performing common tasks efficiently. Keep a copy of either ebook accessible on your computer as an easy–to–use resource for learning new techniques.
Tutorials are grouped in the following categories:
- PDF Documents – How to convert almost any kind of content into easy-to-share PDF files.
- PDF Portfolios – How to assemble multiple files into an organized PDF Portfolio.
- Collaboration – How to streamline document review and approval processes.
- Security – How to protect or hide sensitive information.
- Forms – How to create, distribute, and track PDF fillable forms.
- Export – How to export content from a PDF file into Microsoft Word and Excel.
To get the first (newer Acrobat XI) book, click on the book image at the upper right above – or you can download it here.
To get the second (Acrobat X) book, click on the smaller book image directly to the right – or you can download it here.
Note that web browsers such as Chrome have limited built-in PDF reading ability and may not properly display the ‘Portfolio’ format that these two Acrobat books are produced in… So in both cases, you’ll want to download the book PDF files to your computer where you can open them with the free Adobe Reader, read them on your iPad or tablet device, etc.
Here’s a full breakout of the 30 different topics covered in these books:
- Explore Acrobat
- Creating a PDF Document from Any File
- Converting Web Content to a PDF Document
- Scanning Documents into PDF Files with OCR
- Creating PDF with PDFMaker
- Merging Multiple Documents into One PDF File
- Editing or Touching Up Content in a PDF File
- Using Actions and the Action Wizard
- Making Accessible PDF Files
- Creating a PDF Portfolio
- Securing Your PDF Portfolio
- Combining Files into a PDF Portfolio
- Adding Comments to a PDF Document
- Initiating a Shared Review
- Tracking Shared Reviews
- Merging and Managing Comments
- Comparing PDF Documents
- Exporting Comments to a Word Document
- Creating a Custom Approval Stamp
- Work with SharePoint and Office 365 Hosted PDF Files
Keep Files Secure
- Redacting Content in a PDF File
- Signing a Document Electronically
- Restricting Access and Permissions
- Sanitization – Removing Hidden Data from PDF Files
Work with Forms
- Creating an Interactive Form
- Distributing a Form
- Tracking Forms
- Analyzing Responses with the FormsCentral Desktop App
Export Content from a PDF File
- Extract tables as Excel spreadsheets
- Save PDF files as Word documents
If you like video courses as well, check out over 3 hours of free Acrobat video tutorials.
And to continue learning, don’t miss dozens more free books for many Adobe products, covering recent versions of all major applications.
- What’s new in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and Standard?
- What are the differences between Adobe CC vs. CS6?
- Free! Watch 132 hours of training from Adobe MAX
- How to save 60% with the Student & Teacher Editions
- Free download: Get 10 high-quality Adobe Stock images
- Don’t need full Cloud? Get PS + LR for $9.99/month
GET FREE ADOBE BOOKS
Sign up for our popular newsletter and we’ll send you 30 great ebooks to learn all major Adobe tools at no cost!