Download 1,000,000+ High-Quality Assets from the Adobe Stock Free Collection

ProDesignTools Greatest Hits: Our Best Adobe Articles & Tips Ever

The Greatest Hits: Our Most Popular Adobe Posts & Tips of All Time

Download 1,000,000+ Royalty-Free Images from the Adobe Stock Free Collection

329 thoughts on “ProDesignTools Greatest Hits: Our Best Adobe Articles & Tips Ever”

Just wanted to ask if I started with photoshop and then decided to get the full creative cloud at a later date. Would I be able to change plans easily? Or, do I have to wait a year, or continue paying for a single photoshop plan, as well as the full suite?

If this is possible what is the process?

2. Is there a link to Adobe Muse 2018.1 or above? I can only get 2018, which will not open my site.

Really appreciate any help on this. I’ve lost days trying to get this to work.

3. Hello, I’ve used your site to download photoshop before without problems, but now when I try to install any version of photoshop I get a screen saying “Update required” like here:

Any fixes from the forums haven’t worked for me. I have the latest version of windows and IE, but it still doesn’t work. I was just wondering if you were aware of this issue and if you had any fixes to suggest for me?

• Hi Karo, if you get this error:

“Update required: Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system.”

or this error:

“The installation cannot proceed as the installer file may be damaged. Download the installer file again.”

…then extract the files, turn off the Internet or Wi-Fi, and try to install the software again.

4. This is a huge thank you to Jim who, according to kglad of the Adobe Community forum, is the guy responsible for saving me.

I’d lost my Flash Pro CS5 disk and had uninstalled it from my PC once Flash died, forgetting I would need it to view the learning game we’d created. Duh.

After failing to find a way to download it from Adobe, I went to the forum and there kglad told me about ProDesignTools and its download service.

I’ve just completed the download and install of CS5. Your instructions were clear and easy to follow, as long as you go slowly and don’t miss any steps. Everything worked, CS5 is back on my computer and we can now see the game and use it to design the next, non-Flash version.

Thank you so much for offering this fantastic service … and one even non-techies like me can take advantage of. You guys are life savers!

• Aw, thank you so much for your kind words, Linda – that means a lot!

You’re very welcome, and we’re so glad to hear the success story… It’s comments like yours which make it all worthwhile.

Thanks for sharing the good news, and good luck with the software!

5. I have been runnning Creative Suite 5.5 on my PC for a long time without any issue whatsoever, right up to and including Windows 10. Unfortunately I then had to reinstall Windows 10 after a hard drive failure and have had no success reinstalling CS5.5 – either via my CD copy or via the download links in my Adobe account. After clicking on the Set-Up.exe file and progressing about two thirds of the way through the Adobe Installer, it tells me that “this app can’t run on this device.” I know it can, so this is frustrating.

Is there any updated software to help with this?

I’d appreciate any help.

• Hello Andy,

Sorry, not sure; what is the exact and complete text of the error message you receive, word for word – and did you try googling that to find a solution?

• Thanks for the reply. Here is the exact error message:

Program Compatibility Assistant

This app can’t run on this device

Adobe Creative Suite 6
      Adobe Systems Incorporated

This app can’t run because it causes security or performance issues on Windows. A new version may be available. Check with your software provider for an updated version that runs on this version of Windows.

Learn more | Close

I downloaded the two files from my Adobe account, extracted into the Adobe CS5_5 folder, ran the Set-UP.exe file and this was the result. This is a brand new installation of Windows 10, the final version released.

• The Creative Suite programs are about 10 years old now and were written for Windows 7 specifications… Have you tried going into the Properties for the Set-up executable (right click on it), selecting the Compatibility tab, then checking the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box, and choosing Windows 7?

6. Anyone know why Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 is not available? I have tried to open an image and that does not work, nor trying to open the program first.

I’m new to the Creative Cloud apps environment. I am a graphic design student and I want to learn Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign & the other Creative Cloud cc apps. Are there books & video tutorials that are available which can help me learning from scratch and as fast as possible? Because you see I have to learn how to use the apps while creating different projects for homework purposes and I find that it is a steep learning curve. can you please help me? Thanks

8. Hi, I have some insights for installing the old Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 on the last macOs that (partially) supports 32 Bit Applications: macOs 10.14.6 Mojave:

If you install the LR 6.14 (macOs-Version) on a newly installed Mojave (see the article/posts on https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html ) there is a real problem evolving (probably came through some newer updates on macOs because the Internet doesn’t seem to know of this problem until now):

– Installer wants you to log in first to your Adobe Account and input your LR 6 Serial Number. But after you provided all that, it doesn’t go fully through but says : “Can’t connect to the Internet, check Internet settings” (or similar).

– Just ignore it for now and install anyway with the “ask later” button

– After LR6 installs (which is in fact Lightroom CC 2015 if you would open and check the freshly installed LR) i suggest to NOT open LR first because this will only lead to the same “can’t connect” problem and will lead nowhere
    (i even tried and searched for the offline activation feature which Adobe provides in general but this would need a response Code out of the installer which i could NOT see or find anywhere through the installation process)

– To cope with the problem, just open the also installed program “Adobe Application Manager” -> this leads to an auto-update of the “Adobe Application Manager” over the internet

– After the auto-update, this magically leads to a functioning Adobe Login and Product Activation if you start LR application itself

– After activation: Ta-Daa: LR now states version LR 6.14 instead of Lightroom CC 2015 (seems to be the identical product with only differences in licensing)

Maybe ProDesignTools can put this information in a useful spot to be found from google for others…

9. Dear ProDesign,

Is there any way of getting Adobe Encore CS6 at this time? I know that it’s well discontinued but thought I would try.

I’m just after downloading Nero Video, as that seems to be the best alternative DVD Authoring software out there at the moment but not as good as Encore. I often wondered how do Hollywood make DVDs of their films anymore.

God bless,
    Marcus

• Oh, I am so delighted that this has worked. I have spent hours talking to Adobe trying to get Encore, without success. All they used to say was that it was discontinued. I’m grateful to have come across ProDesignTools, thank God. Now I can finally get back to using Encore. I must have spent a whole month trying to find an alternative.

God bless,
      Marcus

10. Hi, I’m in a bit of a dilemma. I have an older 2009 MacBook Pro that I was running Adobe InDesign 2.0, Photoshop 7.0 and Illustrator 10.0. I purchased the suite several years ago direct from Adobe. My mac’s logic board just went out so I purchased a newer MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 and I can’t install any of the mentioned programs. I’m not in the publishing profession anymore but I still use the programs on and off for personal stuff. Can you recommend a newer version that I can purchase that is not going to be subscription based so I can revive my old photos and files?

Very much appreciate any help, thank you,
    Ernst

• Hi Ernst,

Sorry, Adobe stopped selling those “perpetual” licenses many years ago:

Update: You Can No Longer Buy CS6 from Adobe – Here’s Why

So all of the Adobe’s major creative apps (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Animate, etc.) since 2012 are available only via subscription. However, there are many different plans available across various price ranges:

Regarding your old programs, they simply will not run on Catalina and newer macOS versions because it’s 32-bit software and Apple removed all support for 32-bit apps. So it’s a completely different and incompatible platform from what those old applications were built for. Consequently, only the newer 64-bit Creative Cloud release will run on macOS version 10.15 and later.

11. I purchased PSE 2020 on disc when it first came out. I’m having to replace my old HP with Windows 7 and purchased a new HP Envy with Windows 11 and no onboard disc drive. It was suggested that I contact Adobe directly about a direct download of 2020 PSE vs purchasing an external disk reader that would allow me to install my 2020 PSE disc on the new machine.

If this is possible, please send instructions for accomplishing this.
    Thank you!

I’ve tried downloading Photoshop Elements 19 for Mac, and when I try doing the install I get: “The installation cannot continue as the installer file may be damaged. Download the installer file again.” – which I’ve done multiple times with the same result. Any ideas or suggestions?

Brian

• Hi Brian, if you’re getting this error:

or this error:

…then extract the files, turn off your Internet connection / disconnect the Wi-Fi, and try to install the software again.

That usually works.

If still no luck, then see this Adobe help page:

Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps

Does that help?

13. If I decide to purchase creative suite cs6 design standard from you for 1,299 dollars, do I receive a set of DVDs and a registration / serial number?

Where is the section in your website to place orders?

14. PLEASE help me find the path to Elements 13 to download to my new computer. I am over eighty and a longtime user of your products. It has never been so difficult. Maybe I am too old for this.

I bought Photoshop CS4 back in 2010. It does all I need in my limited editing needs. Unfortunately when I moved back to Canada I realized I left it in Greenland where I bought it.

I still have a copy of my serial number. How can I download a copy.

Regards,
    Kevin

16. Thank you for maintaining this invaluable resource for legacy installers. I notice that there are links available for standalone bug-fixes up to the CC 2015 series. Do you have links to updates that will patch the base CC 2018 install?

I am specifically looking for AE 15.1.2 and PS 19.1.9, which the internet tells me are the highest versions of the CC 2018 series. Thanks!

• Hey Jeff, that’s a good question. Unfortunately, Adobe never published standalone installers for any updates to CC 2017, 2018, or 2019… The only direct download links that were ever available were the initial base “.0” versions of those releases.

So sorry, we’d love to help out, but it’s not possible!

17. Do you have photoshop version supported by mac high sierra 10.13.6?

My computer is old and can’t upgrade my o/s any further.

• Thanks, John, appreciate your comment. But, a clarification: it’s not that the the perpetual versions will no longer be available – it’s rather that currently, Adobe has no plans for a new version of Acrobat perpetual beyond Acrobat 2020.

Meaning, that unless something changes, Acrobat 2020 will be the final perpetual version of Acrobat that Adobe releases.

Presumably, however, Acrobat 2020 will continue to be available and sold for some time… According to this page, the end of core support for Acrobat 2020 will be 6/1/2025.

After that point, Acrobat 2020 will become a bit like Creative Suite 6 has been – end of life, unsupported, no further patches, and may not work on newer operating systems.