Download Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Free Trials: Direct Links
Yes – the new release of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 is just out and now shipping! There was no beta version/period this time, so we go straight to the final product. And as in the past, this release will work side-by-side with any previous revisions of Lightroom you may have. If you’ve got an earlier version installed on your system(s), Lightroom 6 will ask if you’d like to upgrade your catalog and copy everything over.
Importantly, this new version continues as a downloadable desktop product and is available either with a standalone perpetual license (called Lightroom 6) or via subscription (called Lightroom CC). It begins as the same program and free trial download below, but the name is changed to reflect the differences in licensing and bundling, as well as the addition of integrated mobile apps & services plus future feature updates (such as the new Dehaze filter).
For more details on the key differences between the two editions, see this comparison guide before you buy.
Lightroom CC 2015 is included as a free upgrade (together with Photoshop CC) in the popular CC Photography Plan – as well as one the many applications that all subscribers get with the complete Adobe Creative Cloud. By contrast, Lightroom 6 stands alone and is sold separately (you can purchase it here directly, either full or upgrade) – and doesn’t receive ongoing feature upgrades, nor any access to Lightroom Mobile or Lightroom web.
[ Not ready for the complete Creative Cloud? Get Photoshop + Lightroom for $10/month ]
And continuing our longtime custom of furnishing the direct download links for major Adobe software such as Creative Cloud, CS6, Acrobat DC, Captivate 9, and Elements 14, you’ll find the direct links for the all-new Lightroom 6/CC below.
The links given below go to the authentic and secure files residing on Adobe’s servers, are guaranteed genuine, safe, legal, and will not change. They are especially useful when you are unable to download these products via other means – perhaps due to issues with the Adobe’s Download Manager. Here the file access is open and you can just use your browser, or another DLM.
Special: Legally download dozens of free Adobe books for a limited time!
Adobe Lightroom 6/CC Direct Download Links
|More Direct Download Links|
Here are the direct links to instantly download the Lightroom 6 free trials for both PC and Mac, without any download manager or assistant… The trial version is fully-functional for 30 days. You can also download the LR6 trials via a free Creative Cloud membership.
Available product languages are English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, and Chinese.
To access these downloads you need to have a free Adobe account and be logged in – so follow these important instructions carefully or the links will not work:
- Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
- Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking the links below – this is critical!
- If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself (free).
- Click the big blue “Download” button at the bottom of that Adobe page – but then immediately cancel the download that starts, and close the windows that popped up.
- OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download any of the software below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
- Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu.
- Open or double-click the downloaded file to start the product installation.
Perfect, now you’re all set – here are the Lightroom 6/CC direct links:
- Lightroom 6 for Windows (744 MB) – Direct download link – All languages
- Lightroom 6 for Mac OS (727 MB) – Direct download link – All languages
We suggest using a browser other than Internet Explorer to download the files above. IE has been known to drop the extension (like “.exe”) from the Windows filename. If this happens and you can’t open a file, then just rename it to add back the extension. But generally, using Firefox or Chrome will work better – and if you have any issues downloading, then try different browser.
Make sure your computer meets Lightroom’s latest minimum requirements… A 64-bit system is now required both on Windows (here’s how to tell) and on Mac. For Macs, you need OS X version 10.8 “Mountain Lion” or above (here’s how to upgrade free). For PCs, it’s Windows 7 or above.
Adobe Lightroom 6/CC Updates
If you’d also like the direct download links for the individual Lightroom 6 / CC 2015 product updates (i.e., all of the included changes since the initial version above), Adobe has issued these as patches to the base release. We have complete sets available here, including Lightroom 6.4 / CC 2015.4:
- Direct Download Links for Lightroom 6/CC Updates: Windows
- Direct Download Links for Lightroom 6/CC Updates: Mac OS
What’s New in Lightroom 6/CC, Including Top Features
This version is all about improved performance, but there are some terrific new features as well… Here’s a helpful video overview from Terry White – but for more details and a broader version comparison, see: What Are the Differences Between Lightroom 6/CC vs. Lightroom 5?
Related: Do you believe any of these? The 10 Most Common Myths About Creative Cloud