Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10: Now Shipping
Yes – Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 are just out and now shipping! Pretty much on the timeframe we forecast, both products are available on both Windows and Mac with the same features… You can instantly download the free trials now as well (yes, they are available!), and the new software will work side-by-side with any previous release(s) of Elements you may own. If do you have an earlier version installed, you can automatically import and convert your work.*
And thus far the reviews for Photoshop Elements 10 have been pretty positive.
The prices remain US$99 for the full version of either PSE 10 or PRE 10, and $149 for the bundle package containing both complete products. To add Adobe’s Plus Benefits runs $30 more. Education customers can grab the Student and Teacher Edition for $119 for both applications (note that academic pricing is no longer offered for each one individually). The languages available today include English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, and Japanese.
Adobe has also brought back the upgrade discount for owners of any previous version of Elements… This briefly disappeared in Elements 9, but popular demand has restored the lower pricing worldwide. This means if you are an existing user of any previous version of Elements (Photoshop or Premiere, back to version 1), you get a lower price from Adobe when upgrading to this new release.
Photoshop & Premiere Elements 10 will run well on 32-bit or 64-bit systems, and are designed for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Mac OS (see the full system requirements for PSE 10 on Windows or Mac; and PRE 10 on Windows or Mac). Premiere Elements 10 now comes with a native 64-bit version for higher performance – in other words, the PRE Editor now runs native on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. Photoshop Elements 10 continues as before, running native in 32-bit and compatibly on 64-bit systems.
For customers with both PCs and Macs, the Elements line is now sold as multiplatform software, meaning your single purchase can be installed on either operating system… If you buy a boxed copy of Elements 10, you will get both the Windows and Mac OS versions of the application(s) and a cross-platform serial number. And similar to other Adobe products, you may be able to put the software on up to two computers, subject to the terms of the license agreement.
Download the product overview sheet or free trials, or see the new online documentation that just went up, including the Photoshop Elements 10 keyboard shortcuts. Start learning right away with four hours of free video tutorials.
What’s new in Elements 10 – what are some key new features?
This is covered in detail in our companion “what’s new” article, but here are some quick highlights:
- Add curving, flowing text along a path
- Easily create stunning photo effects
- Create simulated depth of field (below)
- Orton Effect for dreamlike glows
- Fun automated picture collage effects
- Smart object search: quickly find things
- Get better composition with crop guides
- Detect near-duplicate photos for grouping
- Thirty all-new Smart Brush patterns
- Oil Pastel
- Pencil Sketch
- Tag faster using your Facebook Friends list
- Save photo creations to PDF file format
- Enhanced mgmt. of even the biggest library
- New API to integrate with tablets & mobile
- Get fresh looks with new templates
- Turn photos into entertaining movies
- Easily improve footage tone and vibrance
- Make subtle color corrections
- Enhanced InstantMovie with new options
- Export in high-quality AVCHD format
- Use SmartSound to enhance audio on Mac
- Burn HD quality movies on standard DVDs
- Quickly share on popular sites, Facebook
- Enjoy support for 64-bit Windows 7
- How-to’s that appear just when needed
- Over 300 special effects and transitions
- Get fresh looks with new movie themes
Elements is already the #1 selling consumer photo- and video-editing software.† Powered by the same engine as Adobe Photoshop, the industry standard for digital imaging, and with these new features on top of the Spot Healing Brush (Content-Aware Fill) and Layer Masks added in PSE 9, this latest 10th-generation version of Elements is looking like a smooth and polished release.
† Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service (January 2007 to March 2011) based on units sold in the Video and Photo Editing categories.
GET FREE ADOBE BOOKS
Sign up for our popular newsletter and we’ll send you 30 great ebooks to learn all major Adobe tools at no cost!