Download 1,000,000+ High-Quality Assets from the Adobe Stock Free Collection

Not Ready for Full Cloud? Subscribe to Any CC App for $10-20/Mo.

Don’t Need Full Cloud? Get Any Single CC Tool for $10-20 a Month

Download 1,000,000+ Royalty-Free Images from the Adobe Stock Free Collection

116 thoughts on “Not Ready for Full Cloud? Subscribe to Any CC App for $10-20/Mo.”

1. For about 20 years I have been producing illustrations for research articles using illustrator – first Ill 10, then Ill CS2 (which I still use and which still runs on Windows 10 and a ten-year-old Dell dimension, with a few trivial glitches). For the last 10 years I have been retired (but still actively researching) so have been quite unable to afford to upgrade Illustrator. I feel I should now upgrade to the CC version of illustrator but am afraid that this will not read my old (CS2) .ai files. Please advise.

2. Can you sign up for more than one Single App subscription? I.e. can you combine a Photoshop with an After Effects subscription for $30 instead of paying $50 monthly for all the apps?

• Well, in fact Adobe just changed prices in North America – see this article for more details, as well as what you can do about it:

Creative Cloud Price Is Changing: Here’s What That Means for You

So the figure you quoted, A$28.59 (with GST included) = US$21.57 at today’s currency exchange rate – which actually seems less than the new monthly price in the U.S. of $20.99 + tax.

Don’t forget that prices in international stores typically include taxes (VAT, GST, etc) already built into the figure you see – whereas in the USA, the sales taxes (of up to 10%) are never included in the quoted product price… they are calculated and added at the very end by Adobe when you place your order. So that quoting conven­tion can make the actual cost difference seem larger than it really is.

In other words, mathematically the price you posted doesn’t seem outrageous… but rather basically equivalent with what we pay in the U.S.

3. Thank you ProDesign for the reply.
    I suppose it’s only as expensive or as cheap depending on how you’re involved in the industry.
    The Film/Photography industry is probably one of the most difficult and most competitive industries in the world.
    Some big post-production companies most likely don’t even consider ongoing prices as an expense.
    However there are freelancers who are trying really hard to survive and stay in the industry, and to do so they have to practice their skills daily.
    I personally have a full CC subscription and I am using it every day, but only about 10% for commercial purposes.
    I naturally start asking myself questions …
    Out of all the CC programs I am subscribed to, I use only four: Ae, Pr, Ps, Il.
    The way Adobe prices their product, I have no choice but to have a full CC subscription because four programs will cost me more.
    It’s a sad situation but that’s what a monopoly is.

• Thanks for your comment. What’s interesting is that the situation you describe is not new, and did not arrive with the advent of Creative Cloud or its pricing.

In fact, even back in the Creative Suite days, you would have had to purchase a full suite to get those applications (such as Production Premium for US$1,900). You could not have done it cheaper by buying individual tools instead – rather, it would have been far more expensive that way (Ps $1000 + Ai $600 + Pr $800 + Ae $1000 = $3,400 total).

In other words, Adobe has bundled their individual tools together since CS1 in 2003, whereby it’s a much better deal to get many of them instead of a few – and so the current pricing model is pretty much an extension of that “buy in quantity” idea. Even if you don’t use all the apps you get with the $50 Creative Cloud bundle, it’s still a pretty low price when you divide out each one – the same as with an old Creative Suite.

4. Yes ProDesign,
    No argument or disagreement here. I am aware of all you had to say.
    It’s not Adobe’s fault that I am not getting enough work. :-)

Thanks for the chat,

Z.

5. I have LR 6. Is there a easy way to transfer all the libraries to LR CC? And will LR CC work without consistent Internet access, or at the best bad internet access?

6. Hi! I already have Lightroom 5 on my computer, used for editing photos. I want to start using Photoshop as well. Can you explain the benefit of getting the Photography package vs single-app photoshop option? I don’t need Lightroom from the photography package, but it seems less expensive to get that than the single photoshop app.