How to Join Adobe’s Creative Cloud for Free
Having originally launched four years ago, by this time you’ve heard of Adobe’s fast-growing Creative Cloud, you’ve dispelled the all-too-common myths out there surrounding it, and perhaps are considering subscribing to CC now that over 7 million of your colleagues already have…
You may also know that Adobe stopped development of the older “CS” releases back in 2012, and that there have been thousands of new product features, enhancements, and performance improvements added to CC since then, as well as integral new services.
But did you know that no matter what you do, you can sign up right now for a zero-cost class of membership that never expires and provides free benefits for life? Anyone can have this free level currently in 84 countries worldwide, even if you still use the older tools instead, or even if you use no other Adobe products or services at all.
Here is all of what you get completely free, permanently:
- Two gigabytes of cloud space for storing, syncing, and sharing your files online (same as Dropbox). The content your Adobe project/data files (like PSD, AI, INDD, or PDF) can be intelligently viewed in any browser, in application-specific ways… Viewers (including clients and non-Cloud members) can easily turn layers on and off, display relevant metadata, make comments, optionally download the files, and more – all without needing any other tools.
- Full integrated use of Adobe’s new family of mobile apps (over a dozen strong!), enabling you to sketch, draw, paint, create layouts, edit photos and make videos on your tablet or smartphone. Now powered by CreativeSync technology, your assets and apps are connected across your desktop computers and mobile devices, so you can do great work anywhere.
- A lifetime license for Adobe Bridge CC, their flagship desktop media browser and powerful digital asset manager that allows you to efficiently locate, organize, browse, preview, and batch process your content files – including most image, vector, audio and video files. Easily view and manage Photoshop PSD, Camera RAW, Illustrator AI, InDesign INDD, Acrobat PDF, Flash SWF, and many other types of files and documents, all without paid programs. (Yes, it’s free!)
- Unrestricted use of Edge Web Fonts, a vast collection online fonts served forever to any website(s) of your choosing. Now over 500 free hosted typefaces to choose from!
- A full non-expiring license for Adobe Edge Animate 1.5 – you can download and use the EA desktop application to create interactive and animated web content with HTML5 technology.
- Game Developer Tools to build, optimize, and deliver web and mobile games – including free Adobe Scout and Adobe Flash C++ Compiler.
- Free for one mobile device: Edge Inspect (formerly Adobe Shadow) to easily preview your work live on your device from the desktop in fast, remote-controlled fashion.
- No charge get started with Typekit professional fonts: choose two online font faces from nearly 1,000 available to use on a single website. You can also sync more than 130 great fonts to use in your favorite desktop programs, including CC trial apps, older versions of the Creative Suite, and even non-Adobe applications.
- Unlimited access to free Adobe Story screenwriting software to turn your ideas into screenplays and scripts.
- Integration of Behance’s community and portfolio capabilities, allowing you to seamlessly create content, seek feedback, showcase and distribute your work. Behance now has almost 6 million members receiving over 200 million page views per month, and is a fantastic way to get exposure from like-minded creatives.
- Plus… fast and easy access to the free trials of all the new CC 2015 tools and services. Even if you previously ran an Adobe trial in previous years, you still receive a fresh new 7-day tryout period with the latest CC release. And every time Adobe does a major upgrade to the software going forward (expected to be annually), you’ll get another new free trial.
How to get all this? Well if you already have an Adobe ID then all it takes is confirming the free signup. And if you don’t have an Adobe ID yet, then it’s just six fields to fill out and no credit card needed:
Special: Legally download dozens of free Adobe books for a limited time!
Creative Cloud: Compare Free vs. Paid Memberships
If you later decide to join the Creative Cloud as a full paying subscriber, then you’ll keep all of the benefits of the free level of membership above – plus add the following:
- Full access to the complete Adobe CC 2015 toolset, including Photoshop, Lightroom, Muse, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat DC Pro, Dreamweaver, Flash Pro, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Edge Animate, Typekit Portfolio, and much more.
- Use of the latest creative technology from Adobe with ongoing upgrades included as soon as they become available – you can always run the most recent product version.
- You also have the ability to download, install and use older releases like CS6 Master Collection (together on the same machines as CC) if you want or need to.
- Soon, the Behance ProSite (which is included for paid CC members) will be upgraded to Adobe Portfolio, which gives you a quick and intuitive way to create a beautiful portfolio website to show off your work, without having to write a line of code.
- Access to 20 GB of online storage and other services from Adobe such as free Creative Cloud Training produced by industry-leading partners.
- Full access to new and additional products that were never available through traditional perpetual licenses, such as Adobe Muse, Edge Animate, and Story Plus.
- You can install the desktop programs on up to two of your computers, and easily move the software between different systems as needed.
- Flexible and modest payments through monthly and yearly subscription options.
And if you ever stop or cancel your paid subscription, you will still retain all benefits of the free membership for life.
Do you have any further questions on what Creative Cloud is about, or how the free membership compares versus the paid/complete membership? Check out our extensive Creative Cloud FAQ, or just ask them below and we’ll get you answers fast!